The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (42 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The march was more about keeping their rights, celebrating their rights, and letting the new president know that they are here. Especially since the new administration hasn't seemed very pro-woman and may actually pass laws that restrict some rights (namely abortion, planned parenting services). Which in my opinion is perfectly fine.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
The march was more about keeping their rights, celebrating their rights, and letting the new president know that they are here. Especially since the new administration hasn't seemed very pro-woman and may actually pass laws that restrict some rights (namely abortion, planned parenting services). Which in my opinion is perfectly fine.
it's more like a hissy fit because they didn't get their way in a democratic election

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What kind of rights do women not have at this point in time?
Imo they have most if not all. But the very notion that they are still seen and treated as a minority is something that is baffling. There are about an equal number of women and men in the world after all..

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Also, stop using this thread for lame ass political memes. You're not posting this stuff because you think it's funny but purely because of your agenda, and there are other threads for that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Surely that's not real?

Though I must admit that this reading in class thing is not always a good idea. As a small child I was totally fascinated by reading. I thought it was so weird and wonderful that people were able to see words in symbols. So I asked my mother to teach me how to read when I was 4 (this usually starts at age 6 in Belgium). The obvious consequence is that I could already read when everyone else could not and I got very angry when it took them ages to read easy four letter words out loud.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Surely that's not real?

Though I must admit that this reading in class thing is not always a good idea. As a small child I was totally fascinated by reading. I thought it was so weird and wonderful that people were able to see words in symbols. So I asked my mother to teach me how to read when I was 4 (this usually starts at age 6 in Belgium). The obvious consequence is that I could already read when everyone else could not and I got very angry when it took them ages to read easy four letter words out loud.
That's not the point, though. But what you say is well-known, but primary school is much more than reading and math. I've seen kids who can read early too, but it will level later on.

Edit: Link to the picture: http://everydayfeminism.com/2017/01/college-microaggressions/

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)