The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (39 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Honestly I've never encountered anything like this even though it's constantly referenced on the Internet. Most times I only found out that people were vegan/vegetarians because we went to restaurants or something like that and they asked whhether there was any meat in a certain meal.

On the other hand, I know people who laugh about about vegans/vegetarians at every possible opportunity. Not that I have a problem with that, except if the jokes are bad :D, but the stereotype of vegans stuffing their eating habits into everyone's face really couldn't be more wrong according to my personal experiences.
Actually, that cartoon makes me laugh more at the ignorance of the cartoonist, who comes off as some backwater Russian who conflates everything that seems foreign, threatening, and that he doesn't understand into one fake archetype.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Have you ever seen the documentary 'Cowspiracy'? I don't know how much of it is true, but it says that eating meat simply isn't sustainable. It also claims that farm animals are the leading cause of deforestation and climate change (these last facts I honestly believe almost immediately, based on the sheer number of animals alone).

Personally I absolutely love eating steak. And the occasional home made burger is awesome as well. But maybe they're right. Maybe meat isn't the future. Especially not meat that takes so much to produce. Certainly something to think about.

P.S.: one last bit though, we have most certainly evolved to eat meat. We are omnivores and we are predators.
Eating meat in the amount the average western guy does certaily isn't sustainable.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Honestly I've never encountered anything like this even though it's constantly referenced on the Internet. Most times I only found out that people were vegan/vegetarians because we went to restaurants or something like that and they asked whhether there was any meat in a certain meal.

On the other hand, I know people who laugh about about vegans/vegetarians at every possible opportunity. Not that I have a problem with that, except if the jokes are bad :D, but the stereotype of vegans stuffing their eating habits into everyone's face really couldn't be more wrong according to my personal experiences.
Sheldon.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Eating meat in the amount the average western guy does certaily isn't sustainable.
Especially now the Chinese have also discovered McDonalds.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not speaking just about the technology of self driving cars though. I'm sure we'll have that by 2017, 2018. My point is that stuff like this means changing your entire society. Think about what happens to car insurers for example. That's why I don't see us changing towards lab meat anytime soon.
For sure. Flying cars as well. What a mess it will be for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't there already cars for the blind?! That's pretty dope!
That's not nice, some people are just really bad drivers. The determining multipliers are something like old x female x Asian, get all three and you are fucked.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
A medium rare steak can be one of the best things you can eat. The flavor is so thick, the texture so buttery smooth, every time you chew your mouth fills with delicious juice.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well it all tastes of the sea, it's not for everyone. I like it but I get why some don't.
I like seafood. A lot. But I also like the story of the Mexican cultures who eat insects, and who look at the people who eat shrimp the way most of us look at people who eat insects. Shrimp are the insects of the sea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)