The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (30 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
ALOT of truth in this one tbh
Honestly I've never encountered anything like this even though it's constantly referenced on the Internet. Most times I only found out that people were vegan/vegetarians because we went to restaurants or something like that and they asked whhether there was any meat in a certain meal.

On the other hand, I know people who laugh about about vegans/vegetarians at every possible opportunity. Not that I have a problem with that, except if the jokes are bad :D, but the stereotype of vegans stuffing their eating habits into everyone's face really couldn't be more wrong according to my personal experiences.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Honestly I've never encountered anything like this even though it's constantly referenced on the Internet. Most times I only found out that people were vegan/vegetarians because we went to restaurants or something like that and they asked whhether there was any meat in a certain meal.

On the other hand, I know people who laugh about about vegans/vegetarians at every possible opportunity. Not that I have a problem with that, except if the jokes are bad :D, but the stereotype of vegans stuffing their eating habits into everyone's face really couldn't be more wrong according to my personal experiences.
These days it's more like 'I'm paleo'.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I dont mind if a person would only eat pussy, smoke tons of grass or drink gallons.
As long as they are honest in that they do it cause they enjoy it, or because they got a mental issue with eating an animal or something

When someone tries to explain that meat can completely be avoided, or that whine is beneficial, i get on the offensive.

Most vegans, if not all, that i know, post some picture about it at least once per week

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I dont mind if a person would only eat pussy, smoke tons of grass or drink gallons.
As long as they are honest in that they do it cause they enjoy it, or because they got a mental issue with eating an animal or something

When someone tries to explain that meat can completely be avoided, or that whine is beneficial, i get on the offensive.

Most vegans, if not all, that i know, post some picture about it at least once per week

Have you ever seen the documentary 'Cowspiracy'? I don't know how much of it is true, but it says that eating meat simply isn't sustainable. It also claims that farm animals are the leading cause of deforestation and climate change (these last facts I honestly believe almost immediately, based on the sheer number of animals alone).

Personally I absolutely love eating steak. And the occasional home made burger is awesome as well. But maybe they're right. Maybe meat isn't the future. Especially not meat that takes so much to produce. Certainly something to think about.

P.S.: one last bit though, we have most certainly evolved to eat meat. We are omnivores and we are predators.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Have you ever seen the documentary 'Cowspiracy'? I don't know how much of it is true, but it says that eating meat simply isn't sustainable. It also claims that farm animals are the leading cause of deforestation and climate change (these last facts I honestly believe almost immediately, based on the sheer number of animals alone).

Personally I absolutely love eating steak. And the occasional home made burger is awesome as well. But maybe they're right. Maybe meat isn't the future. Especially not meat that takes so much to produce. Certainly something to think about.

P.S.: one last bit though, we have most certainly evolved to eat meat. We are omnivores and we are predators.
I suppose our future meat will be grown in lab factories anyway.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I suppose our future meat will be grown in lab factories anyway.
While that's something I assume too, there are little signs of it actually happening. You'd assume our cars would drive ourselves by now. You'd assume we'd go towards basic income and you'd assume we'd strive to become a multiplanetary species. None of these things which seem logical and would benefit mankind are happening.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
While that's something I assume too, there are little signs of it actually happening. You'd assume our cars would drive ourselves by now. You'd assume we'd go towards basic income and you'd assume we'd strive to become a multiplanetary species. None of these things which seem logical and would benefit mankind are happening.
I don't think self-driving cars are that far away, testing is ongoing. Flying cars maybe 25 years. More like 40 years for a Martian base.

Personally I think I'd look for other sources of protein once lab steaks come onto the menu. Forget paleo, the fad will be eating like it's 2010.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't think self-driving cars are that far away, testing is ongoing. Flying cars maybe 25 years. More like 40 years for a Martian base.

Personally I think I'd look for other sources of protein once lab steaks come onto the menu. Forget paleo, the fad will be eating like it's 2010.
I'm not speaking just about the technology of self driving cars though. I'm sure we'll have that by 2017, 2018. My point is that stuff like this means changing your entire society. Think about what happens to car insurers for example. That's why I don't see us changing towards lab meat anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)