The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (37 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Given you that think Queen are good I am disregarding anything you have to say about music :tup:

My music - Leadbelly, Robert Johnson, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Edith Piaf, Billy Holiday, Jimi Hendrix, Steppenwolf, The Doors, CCR, Janis Joplin etc. etc. Good music, not novelty bullshit
that is some fucking good music right there! Except the CCR which I think only has couple of really good songs the rest is just the same.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Given you that think Queen are good I am disregarding anything you have to say about music :tup:

My music - Leadbelly, Robert Johnson, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Edith Piaf, Billy Holiday, Jimi Hendrix, Steppenwolf, The Doors, CCR, Janis Joplin etc. etc. Good music, not novelty bullshit
For someone that is so cynical you seem very close minded.

I actually like Robert Johnson, Hendrix, The Doors (and Credence - to a certain extent) believe it or not but you might want to remember that some people have different tastes to you and enjoy lots of types of music. I don't think you understand music too well if you call that other stuff novelty music but I guess it just all fits in with your cynical nature. Shit music is dubstep or that popular shit that's on the radio. Open your ears because there's a lot of good music out there.

You forgot John Lee Hooker ;)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009

I actually like Robert Johnson, Hendrix, The Doors (and Credence - to a certain extent) believe it or not but you might want to remember that some people have different tastes to you and enjoy lots of types of music. I don't think you understand music too well if you call that other stuff novelty music but I guess it just all fits in with your cynical nature. Shit music is dubstep or that popular shit that's on the radio. Open your ears because there's a lot of good music out there.

You might want to rethink all of what you just said given that i play - piano, mandolin, guitar, bass, dobro, blues harp & am begining to learn claw hammer banjo. I have studied guitar to the higest grade and music in general until i was 18.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
You might want to rethink all of what you just said given that i play - piano, mandolin, guitar, bass, dobro, blues harp & am begining to learn claw hammer banjo. I have studied guitar to the higest grade and music in general until i was 18.
So? I've been playing guitar for 4 years now, I played clarinet for 4 years, did music theory for 3 plus I also learnt Saxophone, Cello and drums. And I'm 17...

Just because you can play all those instruments does not mean you 'know' music or all other music is irrelevant to you or something...I'm not even saying you have to listen to other stuff but don't call other good music shit.

jeez man.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

I agree, but can you tell me a good song on the radio now? And i mean on those popular radios that makes you want to bang your head to the wall.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I agree, but can you tell me a good song on the radio now? And i mean on those popular radios that makes you want to bang your head to the wall.
Well there aren't any and I never said there was. :crazy:

Speaking of music, this has to be one of the most powerful, most epic choruses and endings to an epic song:

TRIUMPHANT!!!! CHAMPION OF ITHACA! :touched: :touched: :touched: :touched: :touched: :touched:
Paul Gilbert was/is in Symphony X right? Wait, maybe that's Racer X? :s

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
So? I've been playing guitar for 4 years now, I played clarinet for 4 years, did music theory for 3 plus I also learnt Saxophone, Cello and drums. And I'm 17...

Just because you can play all those instruments does not mean you 'know' music or all other music is irrelevant to you or something...I'm not even saying you have to listen to other stuff but don't call other good music shit.

jeez man.
I resent being called cynical, I am not cynical. I am a realist in all forms on my being, it my responce to being called arrogant too.

A cynic is proud of their cynicism and wont see good in anything, i see good in lots of things. But I view everything by dry realism, not pessimism or cynicsm, realism.

Music is something I hold deep to the core or my being, its how I express myself and see the world.

Stuff like the Beatles, Queen, U2, Green Day is just offensive to be even considered of any musical importantance, let alone being enjoyable to listen too.

I couldn't give a fuck if you agree with me and I couldn''t give a fuck what you listen too, you started this, not me.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I resent being called cynical, I am not cynical. I am a realist in all forms on my being, it my responce to being called arrogant too.

A cynic is proud of their cynicism and wont see good in anything, i see good in lots of things. But I view everything by dry realism, not pessimism or cynicsm, realism.

Music is something I hold deep to the core or my being, its how I express myself and see the world.

Stuff like the Beatles, Queen, U2, Green Day is just offensive to be even considered of any musical importantance, let alone being enjoyable to listen too.

I couldn't give a fuck if you agree with me and I couldn''t give a fuck what you listen too, you started this, not me.
Not cynical then, just one of these:

OP
Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #18,938
    Haha yep :D I much prefer more melodic playing like Marty Friedman. That shredding stuff is cool for like 5 minutes. I do appreciate their abilities a lot though.
    True. I tend to look at how the songs feels overall rather than focus on shreddery. Maybe that's why I can still listen to Satriani.

As for Vai, I still think no one can make a guitar sound the way he does. He's simply brilliant and oozes creativity.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Robert Johnson...Muddy Waters...do you know any modern music history?
    #1 What does that have to do with the price of fish?
    #2 If you read one of my earlier posts you would have seen that I actually said that I like Robert Johnson. I also enjoy Muddy Waters too but not as much.

True. I tend to look at how the songs feels overall rather than focus on shreddery. Maybe that's why I can still listen to Satriani.

As for Vai, I still think no one can make a guitar sound the way he does. He's simply brilliant and oozes creativity.
    Both geniuses but even still Satriani bores me a little. If I had to listen to any guitar virtuoso I would pick Vai anyday of the week.

But out of rock bands with vocalists the best guitarist in terms of just playing the guitar I've ever heard is probably Jerry Cantrell from Alice in Chains. I can play a hell of a lot of fast thrash rhythm parts like clockwork but when it comes to some Alice in Chains I sound like shit even though my timing is right. He really can make a guitar sound good. On some AiC songs it's like I can feel my fingers are still too weak to make the stuff sound good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)