The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (14 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Well, it's not going away anytime soon. The smartphone market is booming and these identity wars are going to be around for a long time, because Apple itself is inciting them.

Speaking of which, I don't find them any more or less annoying or pathetic than the Juve fans vs Inter fans to take one obvious example.
I know it's not going away, but it's something that's really odd if you ask me. I don't really follow much of the news nor press releases or anything like that from Apple or any other company for that matter, but how are they inciting them? Genuine question, not being defensive here.

I think it's different when it comes to football, because it's a completely different kind of commercial brand if you will. You have fans travelling to games and what not. Add to that what happened in 2006 and the fierce rivalry if far easier to understand.

We really should make way for people with funny pictures though, I guess. :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I know it's not going away, but it's something that's really odd if you ask me. I don't really follow much of the news nor press releases or anything like that from Apple or any other company for that matter, but how are they inciting them? Genuine question, not being defensive here.

I think it's different when it comes to football, because it's a completely different kind of commercial brand if you will. You have fans travelling to games and what not. Add to that what happened in 2006 and the fierce rivalry if far easier to understand.

We really should make way for people with funny pictures though, I guess. :p
That's your perception. Because you're a big football fan and just a regular smartphone user. But there are gadget diehards who totally get this feeling who don't care about football and when they look at football supporters from rivaling camps insulting each other and singing idiotic songs they think "do these people have any idea how retarded they look to everyone else?"

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If you've never noticed this then you must be living in a bubble. A bubble that Apple itself created with all its pretense to "we're not like everyone else, when you buy our stuff you're special".

And it has nothing to do with using their products. You don't need to know the rites of a religious sect in order to figure out that it's a sect.
Eh. Maybe that was the case when Apple first started making phones but now too many people have iPhones so I simply just aren't falling for that. I know 60 year old ladies with iPhones and there's nothing sect like about that. Apple made the "cool" and easy to use phone. People like it, that's that.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Eh. Maybe that was the case when Apple first started making phones but now too many people have iPhones so I simply just aren't falling for that. I know 60 year old ladies with iPhones and there's nothing sect like about that. Apple made the "cool" and easy to use phone. People like it, that's that.
It's not the whole population of device owners obviously. Most people are just like you and Ken describe. But tell me.. do you think there will be people sleeping outside to buy the next iphone? Huge lines in front of Apple stores? Is that period over?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's not the whole population of device owners obviously. Most people are just like you and Ken describe. But tell me.. do you think there will be people sleeping outside to buy the next iphone? Huge lines in front of Apple stores? Is that period over?
Nah, probably not. But iPhones aren't the only thing people have waited in lines for, you know?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Sure, I've waited in line for 15min at the post office too. But the last time I stood in a line so long as to circle the whole building it was to get Michael Jackson tickets when I was 9.
Nice. MJ.

I remember there being long lines for Lord of the Rings stuff or whatever. A little different tho. But still, most people I know who have iPhones couldn't even care less. That's my point I guess. If someone thinks an iPhone makes him better, they're not worth wasting time on.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Nice. MJ.

I remember there being long lines for Lord of the Rings stuff or whatever. A little different tho. But still, most people I know who have iPhones couldn't even care less. That's my point I guess. If someone thinks an iPhone makes him better, they're not worth wasting time on.
The irony is that the same kind of rationale that you're expressing here I've been thinking about football supporters for a decade.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The irony is that the same kind of rationale that you're expressing here I've been thinking about football supporters for a decade.
:D

I don't think being a Juve supporter makes me better per se, but I think supporting Juve means I have better taste.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
:D

I don't think being a Juve supporter makes me better per se, but I think supporting Juve means I have better taste.
You should watch some of those Italian supporter movies from the 80s/90s. They really portray very clearly how some people who otherwise feel like outcasts in society can "belong to something" when they support a club.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You should watch some of those Italian supporter movies from the 80s/90s. They really portray very clearly how some people who otherwise feel like outcasts in society can "belong to something" when they support a club.
I haven't seen the ones you're talking about but I remember watching some pretty funny Italian movies about football. Where the Napoli fan gets out of jail and meets his kids, Diego, Armando, Mara, and Donna?

Love that movie so much! Haven't seen it in forever.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
It's a different kind of thing though. A lot of football supporters have been fan of a certain club all their lives, it's not something you buy after comparing products for every day use. You follow them all your life, watch them week in week out, it comes with a certain level of passion. Even to non-football fans I think the difference should be clear.

And about waiting in line.. some people just want the latest stuff straight away, whether it's an Apple product, a Playstation or even the latest game for any kind of console or PC.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's a different kind of thing though. A lot of football supporters have been fan of a certain club all their lives, it's not something you buy after comparing products for every day use. You follow them all your life, watch them week in week out, it comes with a certain level of passion. Even to non-football fans I think the difference should be clear.
That's what you don't get, dude. There are people who have the same kind of passion for gadgets. And those are the people who are likely to behave like members of a sect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)