The Plausibility Argument (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
They only logical counterargument to creationism in that respect is taking the universe as inifinity. Meaning that there was no beggining and there shall be no end. The Big Bang means that the universe in fact had a beggining and this does have religious implications. Clearly, you will not be convinced so I'm willing to give up on that argument not because it is incorrect, but because if you have failed to get the idea the first 200000000 times then it is useless to proceed with it.

Again, Andy, I am considering this not as a Christian but as a nuetral. I am just considering the situaltion metaphysically. The scripture does not exactly suggest what Science implies but even so, physicians are actually approaching theological ideas rather than stray away from them with time. Here is a quote to show you what I mean. A distiniguished physicist, Freeman Dyson, concludes, "The more I examine the universe and the details of its architecture, the more evidence I find that the universe in some sense must have known we were coming".

And Anzo Penzia, the Nobel prize winning scientist who codiscovered the cosmic microwave background raadiation that provided strong supprtfor the Big Bang in the furst place, states, "The best data we have are exactly what I would have predicted, had I nothng to go on but the five Books of Moses, the Psalms, the Bible as a whole".
:lol2: :lol: Spelled totally wrong, and totally taken out of context. This guy shot radio waves into space, and later first confirmed the noise in their findings were bird droppings. After years of study, they confirmed that what they acquired was cosmic microwave background radiation that emanates from faint glow from different galaxies. This all has to do with electromagnetic radiation that stems from physical processes in space.

I don't know where you got that quote from, but that doesn't fall in line with their findings.

I smell bullshit. Perhaps you were lied to.

OP
rounder
Jun 13, 2007
  • Thread Starter #83
    If you haven't heard of that quote that does not mean it has not been said. Arno Penzias would be the correct spelling. My source is actually a published book.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Two small points for Andy's consideration.

...One physical system can lead to the birth of another. That's why if you mix certain chemicals together, randomly or not, they become another substance and do not have the same composition. Ever taken a chemistry course?...
    The real mindfuck in the Big Bang theory is something that often escapes people. I didn't get it until I read Hawking explain it. It's not that there was this big thing in empty space that exploded and made stars and matter. It's that the Big Bang made space and time themselves.

...contradict everything written in the Bible, which totally discredits everything Christianity "stands" upon...
    It's not possible to support the Judeo-Christian god specifically in this stuff, but imagine for a moment that there is a god, some being who made the universe. That's more the line of argument Juve Revolution is pushing.

Oh, and Juve Revolution and Burke, lay off it guys.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Two small points for Andy's consideration.

The real mindfuck in the Big Bang theory is something that often escapes people. I didn't get it until I read Hawking explain it. It's not that there was this big thing in empty space that exploded and made stars and matter. It's that the Big Bang made space and time themselves.
    Then we come to the "it was always there" argument.

This is too taxing for my brain.

It's not possible to support the Judeo-Christian god specifically in this stuff, but imagine for a moment that there is a god, some being who made the universe. That's more the line of argument Juve Revolution is pushing.

Oh, and Juve Revolution and Burke, lay off it guys.
    Indeed, I saw where he was going with that. But if this theory was true, that means the Bible has corrupted an entire people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)