Antec Neo Eco 520 PSU
Coolermaster K380 case
Samsung DVDRW
Windows 8.1 64 bit

Also will get soon:
Radeon R9 270X
1TB HDD

Never built a pc before but wasn't hard
Should have gone with a 750W PSU, that graphics card is gonna draw a lot of power. Also if you end up adding more HDD's later on, you certainly have power management issues.

Personally I don't trust Samsung HDD's they have a very high failure rate but I suppose if the after sales support is as over there as it's here then it's worth it.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I'm pretty sure 750W is overkill, I'd could probably run off like 450w with that card, 520 is plenty plus it is 80+ bronze.

What brand SSD would you have gone with?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Trust me, if you're gonna use that rig for other purposes you're gonna have power management issues especially when continually adding HDD's 2TB or bigger.

As for SSD, Corsair or Intel are pretty awesome. Intel has a global footprint & offer the best support by far.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I don't think I'll need more than a 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD. I didn't even use up the 500GB HDD on my last PC. PSU calculator says 317w min or 367w recommended.

I heard Samsungs are pretty good so I just went with that over other brands like Kingston, SanDisk and Crucial. They didn't even have Corsair so boh there. Pretty sure 840 EVO is better than Intel 520 series at least.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Yo guys! I'm planning on building my fist Gaming PC and I'm a total noob in the subject, I've spended the last 3 days or so searching for info and the basics and so on... so I decided to try and choose some pieces to build my own.

CPU:
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz Quad Core $222.75

GPU:
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB $199

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150* $136.98

Memory:
G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $66.88

Storage:
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5” 7200RPM $49.89

Case:
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis $99.99

Power Supply:
Cooler Master 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX*

Cooler:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing $28.98

Optional:
NZXT HUE $33.99

So, as you can see, I need as much help as I can get :D specially since I'm working on a budget of $700, and this surpasess it. I'm "decided" on getting a GTX 960 and a Intel i5, as I said I'm not an expert of the subject, so it may not have to be a 4690K and change it for something cheaper :boh: , I heard 8GB of RAM was about right but I've seen some other people say to go with 16GB (I guess more RAM could be added later), also, I have a lot of dobts about the motherboard... I guess I'm asking for a lot but if somebody could help me solve this problems that would be great.:angel:

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the case is a luxury just because I really like it, but if somebody has any sugestions of nice and cheaper cases, welcome

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I'm assuming you want to overclock, since you have the 4690K and 212 evo cooler. However, you can't overclock with the b85 let alone use that CPU with that motherboard without a bios update. You'll need a Z97 series motherboard if you want to overclock.

However if you aren't keen on overclocking best to get a 4590, use the stock cooler and a h97 motherboard. Then hopefully that leaves some cash left over to maybe upgrade to a gtx970 if you have enough cash. Unless you really care, I personally wouldn't go for a case that expensive unless I had the money to spare, but not in a 700 pc. I built my pc around last may-june I think, my case is a coolermaster k380 which is great and fairly inexpensive.

Also, I strongly recommend getting a SSD (120gb+ is best) if you can. There's no way I'd ever get another PC without a SSD. I would even recommend getting a less powerful gpu for a SSD, though depends what games you are playing & at what resolution.

You can see my PC if you scroll up the page

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I'm assuming you want to overclock, since you have the 4690K and 212 evo cooler. However, you can't overclock with the b85 let alone use that CPU with that motherboard without a bios update. You'll need a Z97 series motherboard if you want to overclock.

However if you aren't keen on overclocking best to get a 4590, use the stock cooler and a h97 motherboard. Then hopefully that leaves some cash left over to maybe upgrade to a gtx970 if you have enough cash. Unless you really care, I personally wouldn't go for a case that expensive unless I had the money to spare, but not in a 700 pc. I built my pc around last may-june I think, my case is a coolermaster k380 which is great and fairly inexpensive.

Also, I strongly recommend getting a SSD (120gb+ is best) if you can. There's no way I'd ever get another PC without a SSD. I would even recommend getting a less powerful gpu for a SSD, though depends what games you are playing & at what resolution.

You can see my PC if you scroll up the page
I don't know if I want to overclock, I don't want for this thing to break down easily since I'll be getting everything from the USA, and get replacements would be pretty hard, and getting pieces here would be too expensive to consider (but probably will have to do it anyways).

I didn't knew that mobo couldn't overclock, and actually some other guy on 4chan recomended me the very sabe Z97 motherboard.

Since I'm not such a hardcore gamer I'll listen to you and get the 4590 with the h97 mobo then. Some other dude was nice enough to build this for me, it has a Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB instead of the GTX960 and it's cheaper than my original design. But if the GTX 970 is actually better than the R9 280X (or it'd perform better overall) then I'll go with your advice. Your case looks much better than the Corsair 200R, but I think I'll go with Corsair because I'll go simple if I can't get what I was most conviced by, maybe in some time I'll be able to upgrade.

I wasn't considering a SSD simply because it wasn't necessary and I wanted to get the most out of such a short budget.

Also, would any of those motherboards (Z97 and h97) allow me to maybe upgrade the GPU latter? or add SSD? and if so, would the CPU be enough to upgrade the GPU too?
I'm sorry if this doesn't makes sense :D

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your time btw! :oops:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Tbh I don't think overclocking is really necessary considering most games are way more quickly bottlenecked by the gpu than the cpu, so best to just get the easier option - 4590.

I edited that list, here

For me the SSD is totally worth it, even just for the boot time and 'snapiness' of windows now. i.e. instant alt-tab, no freezing etc. Plus I think it would be a p.i.a. to move windows or reinstall from a HDD to the SSD. The mobo & cpu will be fine for upgrading the gpu for probably like 3 years if not more. SSD is fine also, though I suggest getting one now :D

enzo

May 14, 2012
Should have gone with a 750W PSU, that graphics card is gonna draw a lot of power. Also if you end up adding more HDD's later on, you certainly have power management issues.

Personally I don't trust Samsung HDD's they have a very high failure rate but I suppose if the after sales support is as over there as it's here then it's worth it.
If you don't plan to use two R9 270X 750W would definitely be an overkill.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Tbh I don't think overclocking is really necessary considering most games are way more quickly bottlenecked by the gpu than the cpu, so best to just get the easier option - 4590.

I edited that list, here

For me the SSD is totally worth it, even just for the boot time and 'snapiness' of windows now. i.e. instant alt-tab, no freezing etc. Plus I think it would be a p.i.a. to move windows or reinstall from a HDD to the SSD. The mobo & cpu will be fine for upgrading the gpu for probably like 3 years if not more. SSD is fine also, though I suggest getting one now :D
Good!
Looks pretty solid, thank you very much.
Also some guy who works on this told me that I could even drop to the i5 4440, but sugested me to switch to a Z97 for the motherboard, since it's intended to gaming :boh:

Since the price seems to be between my budget i think I'll take the SSD as you sugested :)

Thank you!

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Good!
Looks pretty solid, thank you very much.
Also some guy who works on this told me that I could even drop to the i5 4440, but sugested me to switch to a Z97 for the motherboard, since it's intended to gaming :boh:

Since the price seems to be between my budget i think I'll take the SSD as you sugested :)

Thank you!
I don't think the $20-30 less for the 4440 is really worth it tbh, just get the 4590 I would say. I don't think that guy knows what he is talking about, the motherboard has 0 affect on speed. Sure, if you're overclocking then you'll need it but that's not really 'gaming'. It probably has more advanced controls for like fan controlling and stuff but nothing really that you would need.

Just be sure to get the rebates :p

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Hello brethren. I just bought a new lap top without really putting much thought into it. Can anyone tell me how good or bad it is for gaming?

Toshiba Satellite C50D C

Processor: AMD A4-7210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics 1.80 GHz
RAM: 8GB
System: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I play games like Dota and Arma 3. Thanks fellas.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Hello brethren. I just bought a new lap top without really putting much thought into it. Can anyone tell me how good or bad it is for gaming?

Toshiba Satellite C50D C

i7 core? or i5 core?

- - - Updated - - -

Toshiba Satellite C50D C

i7 core? or i5 core?

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
dont get me wrong :D i dont use use the laptop for gaming so core and ddr is important to me because of my work im using 3ds max,Auto cad
i was Just curious if i can find a good laptop according to my budget for graphic i'm going to buy that.:claire:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Okay, thank you. I don't know anything about computers. Is an AMD Radeon R3 a shitty card, relatively speaking (its in a fairly slim laptop chassis)?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Okay, thank you. I don't know anything about computers. Is an AMD Radeon R3 a shitty card, relatively speaking (its in a fairly slim laptop chassis)?
Yeah, it's probably enough to run most new games smoothly on low/lowest settings but not much more than that. Arma 3 is badly optimised though so I'd be surprised if you could run that very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)