The PC hardware thread (2 Viewers)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Shiiiiit that was one expensive mobo. Was thinking max 1000 SEK :p

i5-3570K a good CPU though, eh?
:) Oh Check out the ASRock Z77 Pro3. Decent board.

- - - Updated - - -

i5-3570K a good CPU though, eh?
Intel had skimped on the thermal paste & overclocker's noticed almost 10 degrees rise in temps otherwise it's a good processor.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #22
    :) Oh Check out the ASRock Z77 Pro3. Decent board.

- - - Updated - - -

Intel had skimped on the thermal paste & overclocker's noticed almost 10 degrees rise in temps otherwise it's a good processor.
    That Asrock looks decent enough, cheers. :)

Ah didn't know that about the thermal paste. I got some new thermal paste (unopened tube, can't remember the brand) that I could replace it with. Stock cooler fine otherwise?

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    That Asrock looks decent enough, cheers. :)

Ah didn't know that about the thermal paste. I got some new thermal paste (unopened tube, can't remember the brand) that I could replace it with. Stock cooler fine otherwise?
    should be ok but keep an eye on the temps.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #24
    should be ok but keep an eye on the temps.
    I don't think I'll OC, not right now anyway.

Got 15% off on cpu, ram and mobo on CDon today, Sweclockers member. Not sure if that offer included the Asrock mobo though, if not I get 5% off anyway.

So I'll probably order the stuff after work :)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Huge difference IMO. Best upgrade I've done in years. Everything's faster due to the quick access time and read/write performance.

The only issue as you say is the price. I moved out my old 250 gb harddrive to an external USB and got a Samsung 120 GB SSD for about 100€.
    Hm... Will wait for the price to drop for a proper storega before I buy it anyway, but still it's good to hear that it's something to look forward to.

- - - Updated - - -

Got 15% off on cpu, ram and mobo on CDon today, Sweclockers member. Not sure if that offer included the Asrock mobo though, if not I get 5% off anyway.

Went without GPU? :p

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #26
    Hm... Will wait for the price to drop for a proper storega before I buy it anyway, but still it's good to hear that it's something to look forward to.

- - - Updated - - -

Went without GPU? :p
    Yeah for now :p

I read that i5/i7 has integrated Intel 4000 graphics, will do for now :p

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002

Great! Am all itchy fingers but am so broke :D Still running my trusty core2duo.

Yeah for now :p

I read that i5/i7 has integrated Intel 4000 graphics, will do for now :p
    That should do it quite well. How much ram do you intend to throw at it?

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #29
    Great! Am all itchy fingers but am so broke :D Still running my trusty core2duo.

That should do it quite well. How much ram do you intend to throw at it?
    Just 2x4 GB. It's practically free these days :p

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Probably not the best place to ask this question, but I will anyways. Do Samsung make decent laptops? I'm looking for a budget laptop and found a Samsung one which fits my bill. Not sure if I should even consider it.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #33
    Probably not the best place to ask this question, but I will anyways. Do Samsung make decent laptops? I'm looking for a budget laptop and found a Samsung one which fits my bill. Not sure if I should even consider it.
    I think so yes. They have one line, I can't remember which one it is, that looks great. Feels quality too. My brother was going to get one before.

I think it was one of their a little more expensive models though.

Anyway, ordered the i5-3570, a Z77 motherboard (can't remember which one) and 2x4 GB RAM. Was supposed to get it delivered yesterday but the bastards didn't deliver because it was a "company package" addressed to a private address. So now it's been sent somewhere for sorting again. Bastids!

Got my nice 100Mbit connection up and running at the new place (we're in the middle of moving). It's sweet :D

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    I think so yes. They have one line, I can't remember which one it is, that looks great. Feels quality too. My brother was going to get one before.

I think it was one of their a little more expensive models though.

Anyway, ordered the i5-3570, a Z77 motherboard (can't remember which one) and 2x4 GB RAM. Was supposed to get it delivered yesterday but the bastards didn't deliver because it was a "company package" addressed to a private address. So now it's been sent somewhere for sorting again. Bastids!

Got my nice 100Mbit connection up and running at the new place (we're in the middle of moving). It's sweet :D
    Since none of you guys replied :)cry:) I ordered a Lenovo with the same specs. Samsung doesn't have much personal computing presence here, so their after sales support is poor it seems. So I took the safer option.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Since none of you guys replied :)cry:) I ordered a Lenovo with the same specs. Samsung doesn't have much personal computing presence here, so their after sales support is poor it seems. So I took the safer option.
    Just saw this :( Which Lenovo did you buy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)