gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #63
    :wallbang: Monica Bellucci is not the devil

Liz Hurley is :p

AnnA

May 14, 2003
    I`ve seen the movie and I can say that I am still a bit shocked.
    It`s really deep and amazing movie. Speciali to me, a Christian.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #71
    It is? It only got an MA rating here, meaniing you have to be over 15. It's got pretty graphic violence, but i've seen much bloodier and gratuitious violence in some under-15 films

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    one of the most strong movies ive ever seen in my life. VERY accurate. i liked it alot, most stuff was like how i had imagined it. i liked that the devil is in the whole movie. the movie makes you realize the magnitude of what happened

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #73
    Man sees movie, admits murder

A TEXAS man who had gotten away with murder confessed to police after seeing Mel Gibson's controversial film The Passion of the Christ and talking with a spiritual adviser, authorities said.

Dan R Leach's viewing of Gibson's cinematic depiction of the last hours of Jesus, along with the discussion with a family friend, prompted him to walk into a police station and confess to killing Ashley Nicole Wilson, Detective Mike Kubricht said.

A coroner had ruled her death by hanging was suicide.

Wilson's body was discovered on January 19 in her apartment near Richmond, southwest of Houston.

All physical evidence pointed to suicide, Kubricht said, and the 19-year-old had gone off anti-depressant medications because she was pregnant.

The pregnancy apparently was the motive, Kubricht said, because Leach believed he was responsible and did not want to raise a child.

Leach, 21, wore gloves and left none of his own DNA behind, Kubricht said.

"He was very, very meticulous," he said.

"It was very well planned and well executed."

Leach made the confession earlier this month.

He was arrested on Tuesday, a day after his indictment for murder, and remained in jail on $135,650 bond.

"Something (the adviser) said, between that and the movie, he felt in order for him to have redemption he would have to confess his sin and do his time," Kubricht said.

Leach faces up to life in prison if convicted.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #76
    Yeah, unless you've done something that warrants a life sentence :)

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #79
    Ahhh you went and saw it? Excellent :thumb:

In the movie, they spoke Latin. It's written that Pilate and Jesus conversed, but I think they actually should have spoken in Greek, since Pilate was unlikely to know Aramaic, and Jesus probably couldn't speak much Latin.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I thought it was weird that a completely uneducated man would speak two languages. On the other hand I know nothing about the history of those times.. :undecide:

Btw Monaco Bellucci was excellent!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)