The only one who seemed to care.. (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sure. Pavel Nedved is perhaps entirely off form and might be having one of his worst seasons as a professional footballer. He might be growing too old to consistently light up the pitch with incisive runs and missiles from long range, and each time he takes a knock from some unworthy defender his body just grows more elderly. But this doesn't stop him from giving over 100% for Juventus every time he steps on our pitch; running his ass off and spilling his guts out for our Bianconero shirt. He might have been sent off on Wednesday for not being able to control his emotions, however, who can blame him? Nedved seemingly had no help whatsoever, and was sent off for trying to win every ball within his reach and doing anything possible to help grab the match by the scruff of the neck. But this doesn't stop us from loving him and appreciating the sacrifices he has made for our club.

Hail to a player who has given everything he had for Juventus, yet will most likely never lift the trophy he has always wanted. Forza Pavel Nedved. :star:

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Time to bring this in

Pavel Nedved

Pavel Nedved is an excellent player who has demonstrated leadership and great fighting spirit when on the pitch. A left sided midfield player with tremendous skill, vision and pace packed with a venomous shot, Juventus has bought him for 41.2 million euros from Lazio.

Pavel Nedved surely belongs to the soccer legend category in the Czech Republic as his brillant performances help promote Czech Republic as a footballing nation. In 1996, Czech Republic benefited from his play as they were taken to the Euro 96 England final, only to lose Germany with a scoreline of 1 - 2 on the Golden Goal rule after having taken the lead in the second half. Pavel Nedved enjoys playing for his country and was bitter that Czech Republic didn't make it to the World Cup 1998 and 2002 and managed only the group phase in Euro 2000. His diligent and relentless play finally paid off when Czech Republic has booked a ticket to Portugal in Euro 2004.

At 1st he struggled a bit when playing for Juventus, but as time goes by, Nedved is comfortable with his position, especially with his role in the centre middle assigned by Lippi. This is where all his attributes are showcased. His free kicks and corner kicks r also deadly to watch. However a booking caused a suspension for him in the CL Final in 2002 - 2003. This is where Pavel's presence is really felt. He scored 8 goals in the 2002 - 2003 season, lifted the scedutto and eventually won the 2003 European Footballer Award among fierce competitors. The team continued to do well for the 2nd half of 2003.

For some weird reason, the team crumbled in 2004 due to the aging defence as goals begin to leak everywhere. In between March and April of 2004, Marcello Lippi has announced that he will leave Juventus. This created a deep impact on not only Nedved, but on the team as a whole. This has definitely rubbed salt in Juventus' wounds as Juventus finished 3rd in the Seria A and having no silverware. They lost to Lazio, Nedved's former club, in the Coppa Italia final by a Corradi goal.

The Czech Republic player is also the captain of his country as he plays in the LCM position, where his skills, techniques and leadership are showcased as he led Czech Republic to the semi finals in Euro 2004. Czech Republic has argubly some great players in their team with names like Rosicky, Jankulovski, Poborsky, Cech and the list goes on. Czech Republic was grouped with Netherlands, Germany and Latvia in Group D, earning the nickname "Death Group". He played great in Euro 2004, grabbing important victories against Netherlands (3 - 2) and Latvia (2 - 1), topping their group and advancing to the 2nd round, where Czech Republic demolished Denmark 3 - 0. This has also aided Nedved in earning a spot in the Euro 2004 all star squad.

However he sustained an untimely injury against Greece which not only costed a position in the finals but also wrecked his form. The morale of the entire team hsa dropped drastically as they fight for the game without Nedved. In the end, they lost to a Dellas header amidst confusion in the penalty box after a corner.

This is shown in the 2004 - 2005 season, where injury almost destroyed the player. Moreover he is put in the LD position. This isn't the place where he excelled and his form deteriorates. He had a mix of good and bad games. Despite his dip of form, he runs a lot and help out the defence even though it isn't his day. His free kicks and corner kicks also contribute a significant bit to Juventus 28th scedutto. This is the year in which he announced his retirement from International football to help Juventus with the CL. He has also announced that Juventus will be the place where he will retire.

Up to now Pavel is still a great player and his fighting spirit has lifted the club to newer heights even though some performances were bad. His runs and tackles have definitely contributed to game play a lot. Some people may label him as a diver, but he continues to show his fighting spirit on the pitch and shows how dangerous he can be by playing in the centre despite being at a age of 33. But 1one bad point of Nedved is that he always happen to earn a yellow card when he vents his frustration.

I will really like Juventus to win the CL not only for Pavel, but for the whole Juventus team. Let's hope that Nedved will continue to bring in the goods for many years to come.

Nedved statistics (international)
International appearances: 79
International goals: 17

Juventus
3 scedutto

Personal achievement:
European footballer of the year 2003
4 Czech Footballer of the Year Awards (1998,2000, 2003 and 2004)

More to add

Written by ZhiXin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yes, a lot of respect to Pavel.

We bought him to replace the great Zidane, if you ask me, in these 5 seasons Neddy earned more respect from me than Zizou.

Long live, Nedved, and thanx for everything. You're Da Man ;)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Actually Gigi, Canna and Zambro showed that they have true Juventino spirit too, no matter what happens.
Del Piero ? Well no question about that, Alex IS Juve, a big big part of the legendary club.

Forza True Juventini !!!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm with you all on that -- Gigi and Rambo included. But how about Canna? Still one of the new guys on the block and yet he wears his black & white stripes with pride and grit.

Forza Juve!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yeah, man. Canna is here only second season, but seems like he's been in Juve for a long time :D Love that guy. Hope he stays for at least 2-3 more seasons :)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
The Italian captaincy definitely help him in being a fighter for the Azzurri. He plays with a lot of grit, passion and determination

Theodore

Big,Brute,PowerfulStriker
Dec 5, 2005
Elvin said:
Actually Gigi, Canna and Zambro showed that they have true Juventino spirit too, no matter what happens.
Del Piero ? Well no question about that, Alex IS Juve, a big big part of the legendary club.

Forza True Juventini !!!

agree, nedved is not `the only one who care`, i believe a lot of juve player also give much effort

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
HEs a great player that never gives up until the final whistle is blown, that's y I wrote a player article on Nedved

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
He certainly isn't the only one to care, though it does appear to be honest a fair few of them don't. (zlatan, trez, emerson, vieira, zebina, camoranesi etc)

Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Nedved, Buffon as well, they certainly in my view are the four, besides dp that have their hearts in it

Chico

Apr 6, 2006
Tom said:
He certainly isn't the only one to care, though it does appear to be honest a fair few of them don't. (zlatan, trez, emerson, vieira, zebina, camoranesi etc)

Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Nedved, Buffon as well, they certainly in my view are the four, besides dp that have their hearts in it
I kinda agree with you, but depends what you mean that they have heart. Since losing people like zidane, conte, di livio, ferrara, montero, etc, Juve have certainly lost some spirit. But I still think that more to do with capello and the way he treats the players
Important point to comment on = Over the 2 years he has been in charge of Juve, he has had a go at trezeguet, zlatan, del piero, zebina, camoranesi and even buffon!
This is sure to damage team morale, along with the fact that he has favourites, such as viera and zlatan who he insists on playing every game, even when they are in bad form and we have suitable subs on da bench:)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Andy said:
Sure. Pavel Nedved is perhaps entirely off form and might be having one of his worst seasons as a professional footballer. He might be growing too old to consistently light up the pitch with incisive runs and missiles from long range, and each time he takes a knock from some unworthy defender his body just grows more elderly. But this doesn't stop him from giving over 100% for Juventus every time he steps on our pitch; running his ass off and spilling his guts out for our Bianconero shirt. He might have been sent off on Wednesday for not being able to control his emotions, however, who can blame him? Nedved seemingly had no help whatsoever, and was sent off for trying to win every ball within his reach and doing anything possible to help grab the match by the scruff of the neck. But this doesn't stop us from loving him and appreciating the sacrifices he has made for our club.

Hail to a player who has given everything he had for Juventus, yet will most likely never lift the trophy he has always wanted. Forza Pavel Nedved. :star:
Very True, and he deserves all these Praises. I don't think that there is any better example from him for a professional football player, I still remember very well the day his father would do a surgery (bad spelling?), but he didn't mind to play and also scored, it was a CL match I remember..

Some people won't like this, but I would still sell him if a huge offer comes from Chelsea, we can't depend on aged players anymore, we need to build the future team, an offer over 10-15 MIL for Nedved is good IMO.

Chico

Apr 6, 2006
snoop said:
Very True, and he deserves all these Praises. I don't think that there is any better example from him for a professional football player, I still remember very well the day his father would do a surgery (bad spelling?), but he didn't mind to play and also scored, it was a CL match I remember..

Some people won't like this, but I would still sell him if a huge offer comes from Chelsea, we can't depend on aged players anymore, we need to build the future team, an offer over 10-15 MIL for Nedved is good IMO.
Yep, sounds good transfer policy, he has max of 2 years in him, especially thanks to the amount of pain he has in his knees. £10-15 million would be daylight robery!:smoke:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
they won't pay that much (in pounds). but something around 10 mil euros would be good, thou it might sound harsh to sell a legend like him.

Sep 28, 2002
Tom said:

i disagree about trez.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
I would never sell Nedved, he deserves better than that, I was unsure when he first came to Juve but he's proven to be an absolute star, a true professional and given us some incredible moments, my favourite was the 3rd goal v Real Madrid when he smashed home a volley and then jumped the advertising boards to celebrate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)