The only one who seemed to care.. (2 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Tom said:
He certainly isn't the only one to care, though it does appear to be honest a fair few of them don't. (zlatan, trez, emerson, vieira, zebina, camoranesi etc)

Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Nedved, Buffon as well, they certainly in my view are the four, besides dp that have their hearts in it
I think Trezeguet always try to give but his problem is his abilities. That's how he is as a player, he cannot show you that he's working hard if the team is not serving him.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 26, 2004
Andy said:
Sure. Pavel Nedved is perhaps entirely off form and might be having one of his worst seasons as a professional footballer. He might be growing too old to consistently light up the pitch with incisive runs and missiles from long range, and each time he takes a knock from some unworthy defender his body just grows more elderly. But this doesn't stop him from giving over 100% for Juventus every time he steps on our pitch; running his ass off and spilling his guts out for our Bianconero shirt. He might have been sent off on Wednesday for not being able to control his emotions, however, who can blame him? Nedved seemingly had no help whatsoever, and was sent off for trying to win every ball within his reach and doing anything possible to help grab the match by the scruff of the neck. But this doesn't stop us from loving him and appreciating the sacrifices he has made for our club.

Hail to a player who has given everything he had for Juventus, yet will most likely never lift the trophy he has always wanted. Forza Pavel Nedved. :star:

Respect for Neddy... I fully agree...

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
forza nedved, true hero of the fans who plays with his heart
only rambo, gigi and del piero can match you for commitment over the last 5 years, of all the players we have brought into the club only canavarro plays with the level of passion and comittment you expect of a juventino,these players are the true heart of the club and who the team should be moulded around

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Jeeks said:
I think Trezeguet always try to give but his problem is his abilities. That's how he is as a player, he cannot show you that he's working hard if the team is not serving him.
Yeah, his style of play does give that impression but I'm personally fed up with Trez, we need a striker who can get more involved, someone quicker and a bit more physical strength, He's too much of a passenger too often for my liking.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
JRulez said:
hey, Yeah, don't post as often as I should but the Arsenal result got my back up! congrats on hearts destruction of hibs btw.:toast:
cheers mate zico(hartleyy) was awesome,could do a job for a big club.
felt sorry for neddy in the arse game as there was too much expected of him alone

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Bozi.78 said:
cheers mate zico(hartleyy) was awesome,could do a job for a big club.
felt sorry for neddy in the arse game as there was too much expected of him alone
Yeah, horrid stuff wasn't it? was proud of his efforts though, one of the few players who looked like they cared.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
One of the only few who gives a crap about the club. Hail king neddy. Its certainly a pity his getting old wish we could somehow cryogentically clone him and get a younger version..

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Hanaukyo said:
yeah let's celebrate that neved cost juve a chance. When nedved got red, juve had their best chances!
:disagree: i signed my neg rep for you so you know at least one person who gave you it numbnut:disagree:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Jeeks said:
Maybe so but thats an easy excuse to make. I still don't see him in that light, probably never will though as he's such a lazy player anyway. I've always had a problem with him being in our team and probably always will. You just know that in big european games he just ain't gonna make a difference. Pacy powerful defences eat him alive, and he has no ball skill or guile to get him an extra yard and have a shot

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I've got to agree about Pavel. He played his heart out the other evening. The most shocking bit for me was, when the ball went toward the corner, over Zlatan's head he dint even bother running to retrieve it, when he and Toure (I think) would be chasing it from an equal distance. It's just sad to see the younger generation not do it for the love of the shirt.

As for the ones who do, I'd say Pavel and Del Piero aside, there's Zambrotta, to some extent Buffon and Trez and most surprisingly, Cannavaro, despite the fact that he's been around the likes of Parma and Inter.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #35
    Its obvious players such as Cannavaro, Buffon, and Zambrotta gave all they had for the club this past week...there is no denying that. Even Del Piero seemed to care more on the sidelines than some of the players on our pitch. However, you could see the passion spill out on the pitch from Pavel Nedved on Wednesday, giving all he had, which was more than anybody else that night.

Sep 28, 2002
    snoop said:
    Very True, and he deserves all these Praises. I don't think that there is any better example from him for a professional football player, I still remember very well the day his father would do a surgery (bad spelling?), but he didn't mind to play and also scored, it was a CL match I remember..

Some people won't like this, but I would still sell him if a huge offer comes from Chelsea, we can't depend on aged players anymore, we need to build the future team, an offer over 10-15 MIL for Nedved is good IMO.
    no one will offer that much, he's retiring in 2007

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    What a hard worker he is,he is ireplaceble if you ask me.
    Many memebers here are saying that Joaquin,Marchionni,Gerrard and many other players could replace Nedved but I think that it is the mission impossible...that player could show up in about 20 years.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #39
    Trezeguet seems to give his all for Juventus most of the time. Just because he is a fairly limited striker yet one of the best in the world at the same time doesn't mean he fails to give his all for the club. Compared to other years, Trezeguet seems to be much more active when he doesn't have the ball...making more diagonal runs with seemingly a bit more jump in his step. His job is to score us goals, and there is no way he can do his job without proper service. It's as simple as that. It may seem like he doesn't give his all because he's a one dimensional forward, however that one dimension is more important than anything else for a striker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)