The one and only Capello thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Morra10 said:
well remember that quote and remember my name and we will have a conversation when juventus have both cups in hand next year
I'll give you my credit card's number if they win both of them...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well i looked at the posts made in the past few pages and here is wat i think...

-abt rijjkard last season i thought he was just an average coach with a great team.Untill this seasn where he just proved everyone wrong.His tactical skills has just showed that he is an excellent coach.And we have to remember that he brought most of those players into the squad, he didnt leave many players from the past, so most of this team is his choice.
Flikias u said Wenger was miles ahead of him in the final...i have to disagree.The only mistake that Frank did was that he started with Van Bommel and not Iniesta. He corrected that in the 2nd half and his subs were just perfect.
I think that Wenger lost the game for his team.He should've introduced Reyes before Barca scored their 2nd goal.Henry just needed someone to help him in the counter.Henry was screaming at the bench the whole 2nd half to bring Reyes in but Wenger DIDNT.Also How can he expect to defend in the final without even countering.They did it against Villareal and they should've lost against them, but they were lucky i think.

- abt cap, i really think that move of resigning him, is the better choice cuz we need some stability in the club and the changes shouldn't come just in one big blast.
-And ppl r claiming we won the scudetto cuz the competition was not as good(meaning milan, even inter). But when Mourinho won the CL, the competition was poor as well.. but his win was great.FFS they played monaco in the final.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
sateeh said:
well i looked at the posts made in the past few pages and here is wat i think...

-abt rijjkard last season i thought he was just an average coach with a great team.Untill this seasn where he just proved everyone wrong.His tactical skills has just showed that he is an excellent coach.And we have to remember that he brought most of those players into the squad, he didnt leave many players from the past, so most of this team is his choice.
Flikias u said Wenger was miles ahead of him in the final...i have to disagree.The only mistake that Frank did was that he started with Van Bommel and not Iniesta. He corrected that in the 2nd half and his subs were just perfect.
I think that Wenger lost the game for his team.He should've introduced Reyes before Barca scored their 2nd goal.Henry just needed someone to help him in the counter.Henry was screaming at the bench the whole 2nd half to bring Reyes in but Wenger DIDNT.Also How can he expect to defend in the final without even countering.They did it against Villareal and they should've lost against them, but they were lucky i think.

- abt cap, i really think that move of resigning him, is the better choice cuz we need some stability in the club and the changes shouldn't come just in one big blast.
-And ppl r claiming we won the scudetto cuz the competition was not as good(meaning milan, even inter). But when Mourinho won the CL, the competition was poor as well.. but his win was great.FFS they played monaco in the final.
I think the reason for the criticism of Capello is becos people take the scedutto for granted. Sure I always pick on him regarding the CL and some of his choices, but in the end I realized that we couldn't have won the scedutto without Capello. I'm having a fair view of Capello even though I somehow dislike him. At this moment, if we r lucky to stay in Serie A, I think we need Capello to stabilize the team b4 taking another big step. But to be honest, I'm quite happy with his performance.

I can't say anything about the comparison between Wenger and Rijkaard, but I will agree that Wenger is a better manager. However, he made the fital mistake of trying to defend the scoreline against an all-out attack team. But Rijkaard's mistake wasn't that obvious, or should I say, a gamble. Between van Bommeal and Iniesta I would actually start out with van Bommel in terms of corner kicks and dead ball situations, but when I wanna increase the tempo, I will take off van Bommel and let Iniesta in. He let Larsson play the joker role in that game, which proved highly effective. However I believe that Rijkaard still has rooms of improvement regarding this as both teams set out for the new era.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ZhiXin said:
I think the reason for the criticism of Capello is becos people take the scedutto for granted. Sure I always pick on him regarding the CL and some of his choices, but in the end I realized that we couldn't have won the scedutto without Capello. I'm having a fair view of Capello even though I somehow dislike him. At this moment, if we r lucky to stay in Serie A, I think we need Capello to stabilize the team b4 taking another big step. But to be honest, I'm quite happy with his performance.

I can't say anything about the comparison between Wenger and Rijkaard, but I will agree that Wenger is a better manager. However, he made the fital mistake of trying to defend the scoreline against an all-out attack team. But Rijkaard's mistake wasn't that obvious, or should I say, a gamble. Between van Bommeal and Iniesta I would actually start out with van Bommel in terms of corner kicks and dead ball situations, but when I wanna increase the tempo, I will take off van Bommel and let Iniesta in. He let Larsson play the joker role in that game, which proved highly effective. However I believe that Rijkaard still has rooms of improvement regarding this as both teams set out for the new era.
spot on ,on all counts
+ rep

ohh and i dont think we r going to win the double

May 4, 2004
ZhiXin said:

I wish everyone here could say the same...

And i also agree that we should have Capello with us for atleast 1 more season..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
sateeh said:
spot on ,on all counts
+ rep

ohh and i dont think we r going to win the double
I still think it is possible, even going for triple is possible as well, but I will glad if we managed to win 1 of them. Not saying that I'm not ambitious, but it is really tough to obtain all 2/3. It is still a good season if we managed to get 1, after all u can't expect Juventus to have a fruitful season all the time.

Regarding van Bommel, Rijkaard's plan did work well as he managed some through passes to confuse the defence. I think he will be useful when scoring from distances as well. Furthermore he is much stronger than Iniesta. The only problem is he is slow, but the plan worked well for Rijkaard as a faster Iniesta speeds up the tempo of the game by a lot. About Iniesta starting against Lyon instead of van Bommel, I think it is due to Rijkaard's decision against different opponents.

Oleguer? I find him useless in defence anyway, so bringing in a much offensive Belletti is a good move, but to score is an icing on the cake

As I always say, rep is overrated as by now u and I should have much more than what we deserve

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Juve_Kosova said:
I wish everyone here could say the same...

And i also agree that we should have Capello with us for atleast 1 more season..
I think the reason behind this is that we take things such as scedutto for granted. Teams do have their bad periods, but I believe that we r able to get over it and run on smoothly. The most important thing is to have faith in the team

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
All this i love Capello or i hate Capello is now really moot. My personal feelings on the manager is no more important at all. If Capello was the biggest problem we had, i would be so happy but unfortunately he is not. Our status as a club is the one thing at stake. Capello's abilities or lack of is annoying but not as devastating as what our future holds. I would take any timeof the week for him to be that manager and we retain our serieA status than for any alternative so until we know where we are , I am no more gonna continue with this argument as its so trivial compared to our problems

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ZhiXin said:
I still think it is possible, even going for triple is possible as well, but I will glad if we managed to win 1 of them. Not saying that I'm not ambitious, but it is really tough to obtain all 2/3. It is still a good season if we managed to get 1, after all u can't expect Juventus to have a fruitful season all the time.

Regarding van Bommel, Rijkaard's plan did work well as he managed some through passes to confuse the defence. I think he will be useful when scoring from distances as well. Furthermore he is much stronger than Iniesta. The only problem is he is slow, but the plan worked well for Rijkaard as a faster Iniesta speeds up the tempo of the game by a lot. About Iniesta starting against Lyon instead of van Bommel, I think it is due to Rijkaard's decision against different opponents.

Oleguer? I find him useless in defence anyway, so bringing in a much offensive Belletti is a good move, but to score is an icing on the cake

As I always say, rep is overrated as by now u and I should have much more than what we deserve
it would be very hard with the new policies that john elkann to win the double or even anything. There will be changes in the club and everyone will need to adapt to it, not to forget that we r playing in a different stadium next year( wats going to happen with developments of the delli alpi, i dont know). So if we get one cup next year it would be great imo.But it is essential to finish in a CL spot.

I like oleguer cuz he is a fighther on the field and he will sell his soul to his club, i think he is better as a CB than a RB.Especially if barca needed to attack more.

Van Bommel was a flop to me in the final, he was there for his physical strength and he didnt pose any threat to the arsenal defence. Iniesta was one of the reasons why barca won that game.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Denco makes a good point, we have bigger problems than the coach here, or even the players. But i guess our discussions here r only cuz everyone has hope that everything goes well, and we this team will regain it's status

May 4, 2004
ZhiXin said:
I think the reason behind this is that we take things such as scedutto for granted. Teams do have their bad periods, but I believe that we r able to get over it and run on smoothly. The most important thing is to have faith in the team
Yeah that must be it, some of us take the scudetto for granted..
I just hope we will be in serie a next season and we should keep on supporting and having faith in our team, one day we will win CL.. No Doubt!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
sateeh said:

but you still support him, if it seems as it was moggis talking with referees what got as the first scudetto with capello. so was it really capello who we should "thank" here now. :p

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Stephan said:
but you still support him, if it seems as it was moggis talking with referees what got as the first scudetto with capello. so was it really capello who we should "thank" here now. :p
well moggi could've helped in soo many games, even if moggi did help i dont think it was the bulk of the games.
And from the information i read, there isnt any evidence on this season's scudetto

and i dont support everything he does, i just think ppl here r treating him a bit too harshly...like every coach he has his negatives and his positives

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It doesn't make sense clinging on to Capello. Sure he's a good manager to win the league, but since we're in an obvious transition phase, we should use this scandal to rejuvenate our team. We should go back to represent what we once were. Last time Juventus showed good sportsmanship and good football was the Juventus-Real Madrid game in 2003.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Seven said:
It doesn't make sense clinging on to Capello. Sure he's a good manager to win the league, but since we're in an obvious transition phase, we should use this scandal to rejuvenate our team. We should go back to represent what we once were. Last time Juventus showed good sportsmanship and good football was the Juventus-Real Madrid game in 2003.
very true.

i wonder why they banned you. you seem like a wise guy :D

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Seven said:

Yeah, you are right.That was a legendary game!!!
But what about the 0-1 in Milan last season?We played a great game there too, our performance was far from the classic Capello's unconvincing wins

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
having capello incharge for only one season so he can bring us back in the serie A would be a wise option imo.sure,you can bring in someone like donadoni to be a part of the 'juventus revolution',but he does come with a certain risk factor because of his inexperience as a manager.there's a very thin line dividing success and failure if we get an inexperienced coach.

let capello bring us back in the serie A,and then hire donadoni so he has some sort of foundation to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)