The Official Tennis Thread (35 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Not really, he did make some mistakes but Nole played a really good game, no errors and on the defence he was just perfect. Murray will win a slam one day.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't like Murray's tactics.

He is too negative. This is okay against poor players, because they will make plenty unforced errors, so just waiting for them to make a mistake is an okay option.

When playing against top players, though, he needs to up his game and actually beat them; not wait for the opponent to lose the game.

This often starts from Murray's rather mediocre serve. He doesn't make many first serves, so he doesn't win a lot of cheap points, so a decent player will always have a good chance of breaking him a few times over the course of a match.

In rallying, too, he isn't aggressive enough. Far too often Murray will hit a good shot to get on top in a rally, only to fail to move into the net or fail to hit another big shot off an opponents defensive chip, so he lets them back into the point in a way that you wouldn't catch Federer doing.

I don't know if Murray needs a new coach or what, but until he changes his style a bit he won't be able beat the best in the world when it really counts. He might win a Grandslam event, but just now it looks like he will need to keep getting to finals in the hope his opponent has a nightmare, because he doesn't look like stepping up his game and winning otherwise.

All this is rather frustrating because I have seen him play aggressive matches against Federer and Nadal in the past and has deservedly beat them. I don't understand why he isn't so aggressive in the big tournaments.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I love Djoko; such a great person on and off the court. And there was nothing Murray could do today; Novak was just too good.
He's ok, but his dad is a douche. For example, our national television fired our best commentator because Srdjan Djokovic thought he didn't cheered enough for Novak.

:rolleyes:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
GREATNESS RAFA

Roger played one of his best championships in France yet he couldn't match the king of clay.
Wonderful slam from Nadal, he should thank Roger for beating Djukovic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)