The Official Tennis Thread (7 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Maybe.

A huge amount of Federer's errors were unforced though, rather than being pressured.

It looks to me like Federer has got a major complex about playing Nadal on clay.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maybe.

A huge amount of Federer's errors were unforced though, rather than being pressured.

It looks to me like Federer has got a major complex about playing Nadal on clay.
I think Federer has a major complex playing any player, he thinks he is so superior that he doesn't run after balls. He thinks he can win any match easily by just technique and no physical effort. This will not work with him on clay. He reached the final but then he had to face someone better than him.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Maybe, he certainly isn't a scrapper.

Hopefully this hammering will make him rethink his style and make him work harder on court.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maybe, he certainly isn't a scrapper.

Hopefully this hammering will make him rethink his style and make him work harder on court.
I don't think he will, his style will win him easily the coming Grand Slam. This is a big debate I've had so many times before when people say that Federer is better than Sampras. I am still certain that Federer doesn't have the same competition that Sampras had at his times. I've seen Federer win games without sparing a drop of sweat.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Federer only has Nadal as a rival, and he is only really great on clay. I would say that Sampras had it way tougher.

I have the same debates with folk about Tiger Woods, as I believe Jack Nicklaus had to take on far more top class players to win his majors.

Aug 1, 2003
and the roland garros eludes him once more.

my fav federer moment was this one time he won a grand slam - forgot which and against whom, was it baghdatis ? - where he was supposed to give a speech .. and he kept quiet for quite sometime, folded some sort of handkerchief, put it into the trophy, mumbled a few words and started crying

anyone else saw that ?

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #151
    Nadal wins.Federer wins.Sharapova out.Ivanovic out.Wimbledon sucks this time.

I hope Hewitt beats Federer.And i so SO hope that one of the williams sisters dont win the tournament.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    OHHHH his uncle was the Nadal that played for Barca.

But this guy supports Mallorca (where he was born) and also Real Madrid. :melayyanandmessi:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)