The Official Tennis Thread (11 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Federer simply can't match Nadal on clay. Nadal also has an objective to match the record of four straight wins in Roland Garros.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I expected Nadal to win, but I thought Federer could at least give him a decent game.

Federer also has the incentive of completing his set of Grand Slam titles if he wins.

Federer just broke back.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
As much as I dislike Nadal, I don't want Federer to win the Roland Garros and complete his set of Grand Slams.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't have a problem with Federer and I hope he completes his set at some point.

I've never liked Nadal, but that is partly because I dislike players who just stay at the baseline. Much better when players mix it up a bit.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well I am a Sampras fan and I still think that he is the best thing that has ever happened to tennis. That's where my reason lies.

Aug 1, 2003
I went to see an exhibition tennis match, Sampras vs Federer - obviously Sampras being older and retired was no longer the player he was but it was great to see them both play

Nadal's just too good on clay. Kuerten was my fav Roland Garros champ though

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Fair enough.

I loved watching Sampras because he would serve and volley instead of just staying on the baseline.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I went to see an exhibition tennis match, Sampras vs Federer - obviously Sampras being older and retired was no longer the player he was but it was great to see them both play

Nadal's just too good on clay. Kuerten was my fav Roland Garros champ though
They played a few months ago and Sampras crushed him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)