The Official Tennis Thread (21 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Was interesting to see Federer playing so aggressively and going to the net so often to keep the points short. Probably how he needs to play to have a chance in five-set matches against the younger guys.

Could have been a really interesting match if Murray had been fully fit and sharp, but Federer was always well on top as it was.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Once again Radwańska finds herself in a great position to win her first GS title. If she repeats her 2013 Wimbledon meltdown I will rage hard.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Was interesting to see Federer playing so aggressively and going to the net so often to keep the points short. Probably how he needs to play to have a chance in five-set matches against the younger guys.

Could have been a really interesting match if Murray had been fully fit and sharp, but Federer was always well on top as it was.
What I found most interesting about Federer is his fitness and his defensive game, he was always great at the aggressive approach but in recent years his fitness failed him against the younger players. He has now imporved his fitness drastically and well on the defence which is strange considering his new coach is Stefan Edberg.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, there were times in the game where I thought he was reaching the balls that I expect Nadal, Dojokovic and Murray to get, but that no-one else tends to with any sort of frequency.

Federer has always been a positive player, but I don't think he tended to be quite as determined to keep points short (certainly when not playing on grass) as he was today. Regularly serve-volleying and generally heading to the net at pretty much the first thing resembling an opportunity.

Still think he'd probably have to go up another level from today to beat an in-form Djokovic or Nadal, but it'd be good to see him able to compete at a high level for another year or two, because I rather thought he was pretty much done with the way he was headed last season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The serve-volley tennis has increased because of Stefan that's for sure but where did he get the defensive game from? Now when he is reaching retirement.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
The Federers have two set of twins now :lol:

On 23 July 2009, Mirka gave birth to identical twin girls, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva.[40] The Federers had another set of twins on the 6 May 2014, this time boys who they named Leo and Lenny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)