The official player numbers thread (5 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Who? Ale or Gio? :)

I sort of remember reading something about that. But I also think it was with the idea that Giovinco lives up to his potential. Aren't we still concerned about his stamina?
Ale said it & provided Giovinco gets the playing time he deserves i have no doubt that he will produce the goods.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sorry for the length; I felt obliged to defend my position... and no, I don't expect anyone to read the whole thing...

:sergio:

I find it incredibly amusing that you probably consider yours to be a significant response.

As I have posted before, I wore 88 because 8 is my favorite number.

However, as a Wideout, 8 is not a traditional number. At the time the #80 was taken by a senior, and Marvin Harrison wore 88, so I snagged it. I'm an old school 49ers/Jerry Rice fan (hence my love for number #80), but Marvin was class back in the day, too.

Oh yeah, I wore 88. That's really something to think about... really interesting…

That number has held so much racially based significance for me, and I'm such a racist bastard, that my last roommate was Jewish, and my current roommate is black. I'm just a terrible, callous, ignorant, racist pig.

Nice attempted deflection Seven, but the reality is that you're the bigot and borderline (+) racist here, not I. That's been demonstrated frequently enough in these forums.

I certainly won't be continuing any 'conversations' with you in the future. It's not worth the energy.
What deflection? It's about numbers. You wore 88. And now you're defending yourself. Do you really want to juventini all over the world defending Melo? Wouldn't it be far easier for the guy to just pick another number. And 88 is by no means a traditional number in football.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
hmm whats wrong with 1- # of players in squad and you get the lowest available preferably with 2-5 for defenders 6-9 for midfielders and 10 11 for attackers and everything else what is the lowest available.... Guess im just old fashioned.

Melo should not have 88 because its just stupid like he should not have 99 or 134...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Juventino[RUS];2070817 said:
i just checked juvestore.com , official numbers - Cannavaro 5, Marchisio 8, so full squad is
GK:
Buffon 1, Chimenti 12, Manninger 13
Def:
Cannavaro 5, Chiellini 3, Legrottaglie 33, Grygera 21, Zebina 15, Molinaro 19, De Ceglie 29
Mid:
Sissoko 22, Camoranesi 16, Poulsen 18, Marchisio 8, Diego 28, Giovinco 20, Tiago 30, Zanetti 6, Salihamidzic 7, Melo 88(probably)
Att:
DP 10, Amauri 11, Iaquinta 9, Trezeguet 17

FORZA JUVE +)
Why does Zebina have to change his number just to accommodate Cannavaro?

There is absolutely nothing to like about that guy.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Zebina said he wanted to go back to 15, because he wore it back when he was playing his best.

There was no-indication that it had anything to do with Cannavaro.

Bonapace

Jun 4, 2009
As far as I'm concerned...

Ariaudo changed to 23.
Immobile is number 40.
Felipe Melo is how will be on shirt, just like was in Fiorentina and Almeria.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)