The official player numbers thread (6 Viewers)

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
what about your 11? does it mean 1-1=0?

With Alex Del Piero’s sacred No 10 jersey unavailable, new Juventus signing Diego has chosen the No 28.

The 10 was the shirt number of choice for the Brazilian boy wonder, but he’s had to improvise given that it belongs to the Italian veteran.

As a consequence, Diego has decided to go for the 28 as 2+8 equals the magic number in his eyes.

The 28 was previously worn by Fabio Cannavaro, who this summer has returned to the club from Real Madrid, and left-back Cristian Molinaro.

“I can’t wait to get on to the pitch,” said Diego in Spanish as he is still not comfortable with the Italian language.

“It is a great honour for me to play for Juventus. I put the Juventus shirt on for the first time today and it was a special feeling.”

Staying on the subject of shirt numbers, Brazilian striker Amauri has opted for a change over the summer.

Having worn the No 8 in his first Bianconeri campaign, he’s now netted the No 11 following the retirement of Pavel Nedved.

Source:
CHANNEL4.COM

Excuse me, yes you the guy in the paper bag.. Is that you Stephan? :anon:

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
i think Marchisio will wear the no.8 jersey this season with Melo wearing his beloved no.8 while Canna will maintain his WC winning NO.5 :D

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
what? how the hell does 88 = HH?
H is the 8th letter.

Edit:

From Wiki:
Eighty-eight is used as code among Neo-Nazis to identify each other.[2] H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, so 88 is taken to stand for HH which in turn means Heil Hitler.[1] For example, the number is used in the song "88 rock'n'roll band" by the neo-Nazi group Landser. The late convicted Order terrorist David Lane wrote "Fourteen Words" and 88 Precepts, and the numbers are often found in combination (1488, 14/88, etc.). This form of the number has inspired the naming of the groups Column 88, Unit 88, and White Legion 88.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)