The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
He's the best defender they have IMO, the only reason he is constantly played at RB is cos Villa must have there very own version of Molinaro sitting at RB before Melberg was put there.
That's exactly it. Mellberg plays RB for Villa because they don't have anyone as good as him in that position. If they did Mellberg would start at CB.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005

Seems like the fans appreciated his 7 years at the club. Olof Mellberg Day, rofl.

*Tack för minnena = Thanks for the memories

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Man, there are many nice things in life to do other than posting here :D

Seriously...ur presence and work rate is just admirable :tup:

:pint:
Nah,I have a life but I have lots of free time since I don't like to study much. :p

And of course,I like it a lot here.Worth of discussion most of the times.

Damn, this means I have some work to do.
:D

I remember before...like 1.5 ago?You had more 30 posts per day. :oops:

Why Nedved,Eddy? :p

kurtsimonw

May 3, 2008
A Villa fan here..

It's a sad day for us to see Mellberg play his last game at Villa Park, he's been a solid defender in his time with us. He's been forced to play at RB the majority of this season, mainly because we don't have a recognised RB in our squad, but he's done a very good job.

What you're getting is a very commited player who IS good enough to play in the Champions League - at least in my opinion, he is good in the air and his tackles are usually timed very well. His only downside is that he can't cross a ball, at all. But if he's going to play at CB for you, then I guess it's not a problem!

He's loved at our club and it's a sad day to see him go, but he got a fantastic send off today! I wish him, and Juventus, the best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)