The Official MMA Thread (4 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I was rooting for McGregor but the ending is surprisingly satisfying to me. Khabib shut everyone up and made UFC and that fat fuck Dana White look like the idiots they are. Props to the guy, went out with a bang and as the best ever in his weight class.
I did like McGregor. But his mouth seriously changed it all for me. I understand it’s entertainment but he takes it way too far. Don’t mind a bit of banter.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I understand all the pre fight hype to get everyone interested. But in Connors case, it made it more interesting to see him get smashed cos of it.

Anyone see the Wilder/Fury act the other day?

Gabigol

Jul 6, 2018
When McGregor attacks a bus, it's OK but when Khabib dishes out his own, he must be banned from UFC :rofl:. McGregor insulted his family and his culture, he has got what's coming to him. He know now what happen when Khabib gets off the bus :delpiero:

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
McGregor is just a huge mouth who can fight a bit, it's amazing how this sport has facilitated him to become the brand he is just from having a big gob.
That's not even remotely true. He's beaten some of the most accomplished fighters to have ever done it at the weight-classes he's competed in. He just has flaws and fought someone about as well-equipped as anyone can be to exploit those flaws. Considering he wasn't able to keep it standing, he made it a much better fight than most expected him to under the circumstances.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's not even remotely true. He's beaten some of the most accomplished fighters to have ever done it at the weight-classes he's competed in. He just has flaws and fought someone about as well-equipped as anyone can be to exploit those flaws. Considering he wasn't able to keep it standing, he made it a much better fight than most expected him to under the circumstances.
Yeah you're right, he's a good fighter, but a much more impressive mouth. That's his "USP", which is saying something in UFC.

VuvuzelaBzz

Son of a Shepherd
Jun 23, 2013
Yeah you're right, he's a good fighter, but a much more impressive mouth. That's his "USP", which is saying something in UFC.
He was really a perfect storm for the UFC from a marketing perspective. Confident, good talker by fighters' standards, from a pro-combat sport English-speaking country with little sporting success as of late and, crucially, had the skills to make all of that come into play.

The UFC is much better at branding than promoting, so they rely on guys like him appearing for them to shine a light on and hope they're good enough blow up, because they are frustratingly bad at selling most of their best fighters. They were hoping to replicate Conor's trajectory with Till, but he fell short. Adesanya's looking like the next guy they're trying to give that treatment to. I guess there's Covington as well, but he lacks pretty much all of Conor's appeal outside of being a solid fighter who's not afraid to talk shit(poorly).

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I did like McGregor. But his mouth seriously changed it all for me. I understand it’s entertainment but he takes it way too far. Don’t mind a bit of banter.
McChickens Use of khabib's religion and background was disgusting, glad that piece of shit got owned

- - - Updated - - -

I understand all the pre fight hype to get everyone interested. But in Connors case, it made it more interesting to see him get smashed cos of it.

Anyone see the Wilder/Fury act the other day?
Wilder and fury are literally best mates mainly because they both hate AJ cant take anything seriously in the prelim between fury and wilder, they'll still be friends after the fight. Hopefully fury gets a beating though

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
McChickens Use of khabib's religion and background was disgusting, glad that piece of shit got owned

- - - Updated - - -

Wilder and fury are literally best mates mainly because they both hate AJ cant take anything seriously in the prelim between fury and wilder, they'll still be friends after the fight. Hopefully fury gets a beating though
McGregor can do one. He’s like Mourinho. Annoying.
AJ is a pussy. I just don’t like him. Fury annoyed me in that last meet up with Wilder. Was too over the top. Just didn’t look at all good. Then they’re sat around each other talking and laughing. Ridiculous.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
"Monday blues"

- - - Updated - - -

McGregor can do one. He’s like Mourinho. Annoying.
AJ is a pussy. I just don’t like him. Fury annoyed me in that last meet up with Wilder. Was too over the top. Just didn’t look at all good. Then they’re sat around each other talking and laughing. Ridiculous.
The heavy weight division in general is a joke and a complete circus, though I really would love to see wilder knock the fuck out of fury and finish him once and for all, then lets see if he still calls others around him as bums

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Bit of chatter around here and Ireland that Conon McGregor is well and truly fucked - rape and assault allegation. We'll see but more than just a rumour.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Bit of chatter around here and Ireland that Conon McGregor is well and truly fucked - rape and assault allegation. We'll see but more than just a rumour.
Yeah I’m reading about it now on some MMA forums and Ireland reddit. Sounds very grim ftooor him if true - and the victim of course.

Possible CTE + coke + too much money + being a generally a violent thuggish cunt. Doesn’t surprise me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)