The Official MMA Thread (4 Viewers)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
They did within a couple of days but i dont think it will be for an intertim title coz jones has been stripped of his title.

DC vs Anthony J for the vacant LHW title.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
What a great card that was, except for the last fight - have to question the integrity of the Mendez vs Mcgregor bout. The way they've been hyping up the Irish fool, looked to me Mendez threw a fight he was dominating, so the PPView crowd can get their Aldo-McGregor circus.
The Irish clown won't last a round vs a fighter like Aldo.

- - - Updated - - -

WΏΏdy?;4940513 said:
@Dru @acmilan

You guys need a new god eh since your last one shat all over himself :D
eat shit, bud ... and then some Brazilian pork sausages too :D

P.S. I bet someone from the UFC planted that coke on Bones - that was the only way they could make this division interesting again. :pado:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Wow! Couple of great title fights tonight. Lawler and McGregor both when from get their asses beat to TKO finishes.

- - - Updated - - -

What a great card that was, except for the last fight - have to question the integrity of the Mendez vs Mcgregor bout. The way they've been hyping up the Irish fool, looked to me Mendez threw a fight he was dominating, so the PPView crowd can get their Aldo-McGregor circus.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I bet someone from the UFC planted that coke on Bones - that was the only way they could make this division interesting again. :pado:
That pot in the hit and run too.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Lawler vs McDonald and Bermudes vs Stephens(?) were absolutely great fights.

The last one I think was a set-up - Mendez went out there to lose (standing right in front of McGregor all night long like a punching bag, very uncharacteristic of him and the best way to lose a fight vs someone with an 8" reach advantage). Seemed to me he didn't expect to be able to dominate CM so easily, though. So, in the end he had to take his guard down completely, as well, in order to ensure the Aldo-McGregor encounter.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

The last one I think was a set-up - Mendez went out there to lose (standing right in front of McGregor all night long like a punching bag, very uncharacteristic of him and the best way to lose a fight vs someone with an 8" reach advantage). Seemed to me he didn't expect to be able to dominate CM so easily, though. So, in the end he had to take his guard down completely, as well, in order to ensure the Aldo-McGregor encounter.
seriously?

Go fuck yourself you muppet

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
seriously?

Go fuck yourself you muppet
:lol:

Spoken like a true muppet :p
come to me after Aldo busts his ass in the 1st round, mate. Mendez is a good fighter but nothing special, facing great disadvantages in size and reach vs McGregor and was still able to dominate the Irish clown.
Don't get your hopes up for your boy - he's all hype and TV ratings and the UFC is just cashing in on the momentum of the moment. Just watch what Aldo will do to him when they finally meet.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
:lol:

Spoken like a true muppet :p
come to me after Aldo busts his ass in the 1st round, mate. Mendez is a good fighter but nothing special, facing great disadvantages in size and reach vs McGregor and was still able to dominate the Irish clown.
Don't get your hopes up for your boy - he's all hype and TV ratings and the UFC is just cashing in on the momentum of the moment. Just watch what Aldo will do to him when they finally meet.
I'm pointing out that you put 'irish' before both insults.
He couldn't just be a 'clown' or a 'fool" no?
It becomes derogatory when you include someone's nationality.
Couldnt care less what you think of the man himself but don't bring that shit into it. You've shown yourself up there mate.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

One of the greatest UFC main cards. Also, the new intros and walk ins were amazing.

I, too, believe Mendes and even Herb Dean helped Conor get that belt. So, I still have doubts over the Irish being the best, but I do believe he's highly competitive. Only the Aldo-Conor fight will tell us.

As for the co-main event, Lawler-Rory was epic! Fairly disappointed with Rory and equally impressed with the heart of Lawler. I felt that Rory underestimated the champion and that affected the start of the fight, but then took back control only to give up with that late Lawler surge. I expect and want a rematch. I don't want to see boring Johnny Hendricks anywhere near a title fight.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
mendes was with his fingers in conor's eyes all 2 rounds, and the effort to submit conor was huge. no wonder he had no force to keep his hands up..
to me it was a good fight, conor is favourite cuz aldo won't submit him, and he's huge compared to him, the reach advantage will count.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
One of the best cards ever. Robbie and Rory blew me away they were amazing. This shit about Mendes throwing the fight is really clutching at straws. Even though i am Irish i have been one of McGregors biggest sceptics dispite watching him fight live more than once and being a fan. Watch the fight closely and use your brain his body shots where so accurate and lethal it took everything out of Mendes who got tired and desperate so went for the finish. When Conor got it back to the feet Mendes was exhausted he wasnt able to defend hinself and got out striked by a much bigger stronger man. Mendes is a great fighter and deserves more respect anyone who says he threw that fight is behaving like an idiot. He only had 2 weeks to prepare, gassed after taking some brutal bodyshots and got TKO'd. End of.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Looking back at it, Mendes was breathing heavily mid round 2 and he went for the choke to finish the fight because he knew he cannot fight all 5 rounds.

A full-camp ready Money Mendes would dismantle Conor, though. No doubt in my mind.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Wow, Holly Holm just absolutely dominated Ronda Rousey, one of the most dominant fighter in MMA history. At the end there, it took them 10 min to scrape Ronda off the floor.

ABQ is proud of you, Holly :tup:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Get fucking dominated! So we all saw what happens when Rhonda goes against a better striker and doesn't win in 10 seconds. Gets sloppy. She deserves this for being so cocky as of late as well. Good on Holm.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Wow, Holly Holm just absolutely dominated Ronda Rousey. At the end there, it took them 10 min to scrape Ronda off the floor.

ABQ is proud of you, Holly :tup:
Will they still call her the best female fighter ever? That wasn't even a contest. As soon as Rhonda didn't get her on the ground she got frustrated and sloppy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Will they still call her the best female fighter ever? That wasn't even a contest. As soon as Rhonda didn't get her on the ground she got frustrated and sloppy.
Yep. After Holly broke that first armbar attempt and got back to her feet, Ronda didn't even really try to take her down again... She tried to box a boxer. Reckless and stupid tactic against an actual boxer.

Just goes to show how weak women's MMA still is. No competition for Rousey and all of a sudden a real good boxer takes up the sport and absolutely crushes its "best female fighter ever".

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Yep. After Holly broke that first armbar attempt and got back to her feet, Ronda didn't even really try to take her down again... She tried to box a boxer. Reckless and stupid tactic against an actual boxer.

Just goes to show how weak women's MMA still is. No competition for Rousey and all of a sudden a real good boxer takes up the sport and absolutely crushes its "best female fighter ever".
Arrogance.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

Rousey wasn't mentally prepped for a real challenge imo and quickly faltered both mentally and physically once she couldn't get her signature quick submission. She showed big holes in her stand-up and even worse was the way she approached the fight trying to box it out with a world-class boxer.
This being said, Holm was always a bad match-up for Rousey - infinitely better in the stand-up, energetic and excellent at defending the take down (basically Rousey's only chance at a win here), and last but not least, smart in waiting for her chances as opposed to get drawn in exchanges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)