The Official MMA Thread (8 Viewers)

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #121
    wow what a boring ass card UFC put out last night.

my only true interest was watching demian maia and wanting him to sub nate the great. but i never would have guessed that he would get caught like that and dropped in the 1st 20secs

overall it was a boring card

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Yeah it was a dull card but i still stayed up till 6am to watch it :D Even though he lost Randy was great last night. He is a true Warrior. When he got knocked down and recovered and when he escaped the submission attemps the hair stood on the back of my neck. It was worth staying up late for that fight.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Fedor fights in November against undefeated Brett Rogers (10-0)

I watched Rogers fights on youtube, and he is a pretty big guy- 6'2 262 pounds, and has some devistating punching power, and is hard to take to the ground

should be an interesting fight for the first 2 minutes...... then Fedor will wipe the floor with him

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #128
    i'm going to 103 here in dallas :weee:

i get to see cro cop, rich franklin and vitor belfort so it will be worth the money

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Seems like our old friend Del Piero is a fan of Wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts :) Have you guys ever heard of Antonio Inoki? He was a professional wrestler and a pioneer of MMA.

This is an interview from a few years ago when Juve were set to meet FC Tokyo:

Del Piero: "Sono un fan del wrestling giapponese"

06 06 2005

Alex Del Piero, presentatosi all'aeroporto di Tokyo con la maschera di "Tiger Mask", noto personaggio del wrestling giapponese, ha rivelato la sua passione per questo sport.

"Sin da quando ero bambino ho sempre avuto una grande passione per il Pro Wrestling giapponese e mi ricordo che dopo i compiti guardavo gli incontro in tv e tra i miei preferiti c'erano personaggi come Antonio Inoki, Tiger Mask e Tatsumi Fushinami - ha spiegato il capitano biancoenro - Qualche anno fa ho riveklato questa mia passione durate un'intervista e in questi giorni, partecipando ad uno show televisivo, ho avuto la bella sorpresa e il grande onore di ricevere personalmente da Tatsumi Fushinami la maschera del suo collega Tiger Mask”.

"Since when I was a child I always had a big passion for Japanese Pro Wrestling and I remember that after my homeworks I watched the matches in TV. My favourites were Antonio Inoki, Tiger Mask and Tatsumi Fushinami.
    Time ago During an interview I revailed this passion, and I had the great surprise to received from Tatsumi Fushinami the mask of his colleague Tiger Mask”.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #131
    so this weekend's card turned out to be pretty enjoyable. with most of the bouts ending in TKO or KO.

rich franklin lost in an unfair fight to the great vitor belfort. from where we were sitting it seemed that most of the fights were equally entertaining to be seen on tv but it was a great experience

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #133
    i haven't been keeping up with the new season of TUF, i need to hulu that ish

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I missed the second episode. The first one was a bad fight. Some accountant got his face pummeled. He shouldn't have even been on the show.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #136
    kimbo has no fighting skills. i don't care if he can beat the hell out of some goober in the park on a youtube vid.

big country put kimbo in a crucifix and it was game over. this season is a wash because of kimbo :disagree:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    kimbo has no fighting skills. i don't care if he can beat the hell out of some goober in the park on a youtube vid.

big country put kimbo in a crucifix and it was game over. this season is a wash because of kimbo :disagree:
    In Kimbo's defense Big Country did run to the mats as soon as Kimbo started throwing. Big Country is a big mofo, Kimbo has no ground game. End of story.
    I think Dana White said it all, when he was like "you just sat on some dude and tapped him in head for 2 minutes, what are you cheering about". In other words, Big Country isn't much to talk about either.

The guys staying in the house to train after losing is a huge plus for Slice. I think if he gain the ability to defend take downs and defend properly once on his back, he can be a decent middle of the road fighter. That's about his peak though, even with his knockout ability.

As for this season, Rampage has got to be the worst coach ever on the show. His match ups are horrid. He doesn't know his fighter's strengths and he was late for the last fight. I feel bad for his guys that actually came to the show looking to improve as fighters.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #140
    As for this season, Rampage has got to be the worst coach ever on the show. His match ups are horrid. He doesn't know his fighter's strengths and he was late for the last fight. I feel bad for his guys that actually came to the show looking to improve as fighters.
    :agree: 1000000000000%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)