The Official MMA Thread (9 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I don't know man... I admire Machida's Karate style and all, but Bones reach advantage combined with his great muay thai will enable him to stand with and destroy any 205 in the world.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The main card of UFC 136 was one of the best UFC events of all time. Other than the Aldo vs. Florian championship fight which was average at best, the rest were amazing.

Cheal Sonnen owned Stann and beautifully submitted him. The post fight interview with Joe Rogan was epic! He'll definitely get a rematch with Anderson Silva. He said: "If I win, Silva leaves the Middleweight division. if Silva wins, I leave the UFC forever!"

Aldo, obviously and easily, defended his title against a brave Florian who won the first round but ended up losing the remaining 4.

Maynard just blew it again! Why couldn't he storm on the guy from round 1 and either finish it or wear him out. He gave Edgar, who has the best conditioning in LW division and possibly UFC the chance to get back. Technically, Edgar isn't as powerful and skilled as other Top LW contenders but he make up for that by having an incredible stamina that makes him fight with the same intensity from round 1 to 5. That's why we always see him struggle in the first round but slowly make a comeback and win fights. I wanted Maynard to win, but Edgar's great chin won me over and that was a beautiful KO, a rare one from a fighter known for decision wins.

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #664
    UFC 136 has a great card...

Middleweight bout: Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann
    Featherweight Championship bout: José Aldo (c) vs. Kenny Florian
    Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (c) vs. Gray Maynard

I hope Florian and Maynard become champs. I doubt Florian will do it, but I'm sure Maynard will take that belt away from the most boring champ in UFC history.
    Florian sucks balls and Jose Aldo is the next Anderson Silva of the UFC. NO ONE can f with Aldo. He's jumped from weight classes and owned these scrubs.

I think Maynard and Edgars should be kicked out of the UFC for being shitty fighters. Aldo can take that belt as well.

And the most boring champ in the UFC is GSP. Look at his fights and tell which ones in the past 2 years have been actually entertaining -- meaning not lying on top of his opponent for 5 rounds and who the f has he fought that is of consequence??

Machida now fighting Bones. I think Bones is should walk through the Dragon, but Machida is capable of the sneaky 1 punch knock out.
    This is my worst nightmare. My 2 fav fighters going at it and Bones is gonna rock Machida

That should be much more interesting than Jones vs. Evans. Still, There's no stopping Bones Jones.
    Evans is a fat f who is scared to fight Bones. Bottom line

Jones will take Machida to the ground and that will be game over. Can't see Jones standing with The Dragon.
    I think it Bones will TKO Machida

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Florian sucks balls and Jose Aldo is the next Anderson Silva of the UFC. NO ONE can f with Aldo. He's jumped from weight classes and owned these scrubs.

I think Maynard and Edgars should be kicked out of the UFC for being shitty fighters. Aldo can take that belt as well.
    I agree. Aldo is untouchable, he's a phenom. Florian is an entertaining fighter, though, it's just that he always was and will be just a losing title contender. I think he made a big mistake going down to Featherweight, if he wants a belt then he should've realized that this weight class' belt is a 'No touch' one.

And the most boring champ in the UFC is GSP. Look at his fights and tell which ones in the past 2 years have been actually entertaining -- meaning not lying on top of his opponent for 5 rounds and who the f has he fought that is of consequence??
    For me and people who like BJJ, GSP is an entertaining fighter. He wasn't always boring, remember the Serra, Penn and Hughes fights. But the last two fights were really boring and I think it's not always down to GSP. Fighters like Shields and Dan Hardy did not deserve a title shot.

Anyways, at the moment, the UFC welterweight division is the most exciting division. GSP, Condit, Diaz, BJ Penn, Fitch, Ellenberger...

Evans is a fat f who is scared to fight Bones. Bottom line
    No doubt. I saw a scared Evans after the Jones vs. Rampage fight.

The great Chael Sonnen once said: "everybody’s saying the UFC’s plagued with injuries…the UFC’s not plagued with injuries! The UFC’s filled with cowardly charlatans".

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #669
    For me and people who like BJJ, GSP is an entertaining fighter. He wasn't always boring, remember the Serra, Penn and Hughes fights. But the last two fights were really boring and I think it's not always down to GSP. Fighters like Shields and Dan Hardy did not deserve a title shot.
    When GSP was on his way to earning the WW belt he was entertaining. BJ Penn was also entertaining back in his prime but for the past 3 years both fighters are not fun to watch.

Anyways, at the moment, the UFC welterweight division is the most exciting division. GSP, Condit, Diaz, BJ Penn, Fitch, Ellenberger...
    I'm going to have to disagree with that.

The most exciting division in MMA is the UFC Light Heavyweight division and it has been for the past 5 years

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    I'm going to have to disagree with that.

The most exciting division in MMA is the UFC Light Heavyweight division and it has been for the past 5 years
    I dunno man, Jon Jones is untouchable atm, I don't see any future competition. But yeah, LHW has been always an exciting division.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Btw, Carlos Condit's fights went to a decision only 3 times out of 32 fights, 26 finishes in 27 victories! Surely he'll bring the best out of GSP and actually has a chance of a KO.

I do not expect both GSP/Condit and Penn/Diaz fights to end with decisions. UFC 137 should be very entertaining.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    I missed UFC 136...but just today say the gaynard-edgar fight..

I have to admit edgar is not the most exciting fighter but he is the rightfull champ...before his fights with BJ he was always a meh fighter not really winning fans...his wins over BJ were good but i think Penn was massively massively overrated (and this comming for a BJ fan)..

But i remember watching the first edgar-maynard fight and that was the day i became a edgar fan...not a die hard all out fan but i think he deserves to be the lightweight champion for a long long time...no one has more heart than frankie at LW...so respect.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    I don't think so.

I know you're a Shogun fan (Just like me), we have our personal issues with Bones Jones :D But in all honesty, the chances of a Machida victory are slim. Jones is untouchable.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    :D

I was biased in my opinion when i said shogun would beat jones,but jones fight with both shogun and rampage showed a lot of loop holes and machida will exploit them...trust me on this one machida beats jones just like rashad would have beaten jones...

That bitch is not as unbeatable as that sounds...tell you what if jones beats both machida and suga i will shave my head.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #676
    I dunno man, Jon Jones is untouchable atm, I don't see any future competition. But yeah, LHW has been always an exciting division.
    I hope Bones is untouchable but in that division anything is possible.

Comming to Jon bitch jones and machida fight,hear this...machida beats jones...MACHIDA BEATS JONES..

remember this!
    If Shogun got his ass beat by Bones then there is no way in hell Lyoto takes the belt from him.

Remember that I am torn in this fight. I will win and lose at the same time no matter what.

I was biased in my opinion when i said shogun would beat jones,but jones fight with both shogun and rampage showed a lot of loop holes and machida will exploit them...trust me on this one machida beats jones just like rashad would have beaten jones...

That bitch is not as unbeatable as that sounds...tell you what if jones beats both machida and suga i will shave my head.
    You have to shave your head via skype in front of all of us

let me know if you agree to these terms

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    You have to shave your head via skype in front of all of us

let me know if you agree to these terms
    tell you what...bones is the favourite (odds of 1.1 maybe) and machida is counted out even before the fight starts...

i am so confident that one of suga or machida beats bones that i'll take it..but what do you bet in return? and remember you are betting on the heavy heavy favourite,someone you dont see losing to anyone :D

so yes i take the bet...bones to get beat by either machida or evans or i shave my head on skype while singing any celine dion song you choose :D

but what do i get if i win?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    WΏΏdy;3301948 said:

I don't know what loop holes you're talking about, his game is almost perfect. Jiu jitsu, Muay Thai and take down defence.

There's no way for Rashad to beat Jones, and trust me, he pulled out of the fight because he knows it. He knows at the moment, Jones is untouchable, he needs time to try and find a weakness to exploit. Machida is an upgrade to Evans, but still, Jones is better in every area. I won't rule out a surprise Machida victory, but Jones should be in the worst condition ever to get defeated which is not the case considering his adoption of the GSP way of training.

Btw, Who do you think will win the Shogun vs. Henderson fight? I heard the winner will be given a title shot in front of Rashad Evans. Dana White wants to teach Rashad a lesson.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #679
    WΏΏdy;3302062 said:
    tell you what...bones is the favourite (odds of 1.1 maybe) and machida is counted out even before the fight starts...

i am so confident that one of suga or machida beats bones that i'll take it..but what do you bet in return? and remember you are betting on the heavy heavy favourite,someone you dont see losing to anyone :D

so yes i take the bet...bones to get beat by either machida or evans or i shave my head on skype while singing any celine dion song you choose :D

but what do i get if i win?
    I'd like to state for the record that at no point in time will Rashad EVER defeat Bones in the octagon.

But if you're right in your prediction then you get the satisfaction of knowing that you were right. Plus you served up the head shaving idea :D

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    I don't know what loop holes you're talking about, his game is almost perfect. Jiu jitsu, Muay Thai and take down defence.

There's no way for Rashad to beat Jones, and trust me, he pulled out of the fight because he knows it. He knows at the moment, Jones is untouchable, he needs time to try and find a weakness to exploit. Machida is an upgrade to Evans, but still, Jones is better in every area. I won't rule out a surprise Machida victory, but Jones should be in the worst condition ever to get defeated which is not the case considering his adoption of the GSP way of training.

Btw, Who do you think will win the Shogun vs. Henderson fight? I heard the winner will be given a title shot in front of Rashad Evans. Dana White wants to teach Rashad a lesson.
    That's a though one to pick...m not a fan of henderson but i cant rele remember a fight when he was easily finished or looked into trouble (except for the anderson fight)...he's got good power in his right hand.

The main worry i have in this fight is its a 3 round fight :( so henderson is NO WAY getting in a brawl or a stand up fight with shogun...he will get hold of shogun and push him into the cage,grind out a boring victory...but shogun wants to get back at bones and looked good in forest fight...actually he looked excatly the way he looked all his carrer and that is good news..i thought the bones loss will have a negative inpact on him...

but henderson is not as big as bones and wont be able to keep shogun where he wants...so i see shogun wining this by tko round 3 or a unanimous decisiou victory for rua...provided he stays away from the cage.

I'd like to state for the record that at no point in time will Rashad EVER defeat Bones in the octagon.

But if you're right in your prediction then you get the satisfaction of knowing that you were right. Plus you served up the head shaving idea :D
    yeah rite..so i get the satisfaction of knowning i am rite or i lose my hair :D no thx..

how about this...we get control of our avatars and signatures for a month :klin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)