the Official Knee-Jerk reaction thread (2 Viewers)

Choose your Juve scapegoat here:

• Management

• Ciro Ferrara

• Players

• Injuries / our physios

• Form

• Calciopoli

• Cthulhu

• "Jennifer's Body"'s disappointing performance at the box office

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
That's the spirit! No matter how true Buffon and Diego were, I don't like what they did, this is how should have been done by them too.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I don't know whats wrong but maybe our players are thinking too much about the highlight that is coming when this season is over, defending their trophy in South Africa. We have so many players playing together for Azzurri so maybe they've been thinking too much about their other team instead of Juventus. I mean, what do you guys think they are looking forward to the most, win the Scudetto or defend their precious WC trophy? I have a hard time believing that for example Grosso and Cannavaro thinking about the Scudetto instead of the World Cup.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You have a point. Maybe both of them are using Juventus as a means to an end.
I don't get that though. Why does it matter so much to play in the national team? Why is that 4 week excursion (at best) more important and valuable and worthwhile than a whole season where you earn top dollar, where you play week in week out against good opposition, where you have your stable place in the team (which few players do in the national team) etc?

Don't get me wrong, it's worthwhile. But this theory being presented here, and what transpires sometimes from the comments certain players make during a season, why would the World Cup or Euro be so much more valuable than Serie A+CL? And I'm not talking just about this season when our team kinda stinks, I'm talking about any season.

Why would DP, say, be so desperate every time to be in the squad, when we know that from tournament to tournament he plays a lesser role, considering that even at his best he was never given a full chance to play a whole tournament as a starter?

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I don't get that though. Why does it matter so much to play in the national team? Why is that 4 week excursion (at best) more important and valuable and worthwhile than a whole season where you earn top dollar, where you play week in week out against good opposition, where you have your stable place in the team (which few players do in the national team) etc?

Don't get me wrong, it's worthwhile. But this theory being presented here, and what transpires sometimes from the comments certain players make during a season, why would the World Cup or Euro be so much more valuable than Serie A+CL? And I'm not talking just about this season when our team kinda stinks, I'm talking about any season.

Why would DP, say, be so desperate every time to be in the squad, when we know that from tournament to tournament he plays a lesser role, considering that even at his best he was never given a full chance to play a whole tournament as a starter?
Martin, I have no idea why. Maybe you should ask them? :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's about damage control now. Unfortunately, I don't see any faith in the players behind Ciro. And that in itself has to be his walking papers.

We are still paying for Deschamps departure, IMO.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
http://www.football-italia.net/dec1p.html

Il Capitano has spoken. All opinions in this thread have automatically become invalid. :p
"There have been negative moments, the most negative of all came only a few years ago."

for me now is more negative. even when we were in seireB i believed that it will be just a couple of years before we dominate Italy again.
But now,there are too many things wrong with the team and until all, and i mean ALL, the management team starting from the physio to blanc is gone, i really dot believe we can be great again. and for me loosing hope is worse than being demoted.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
"There have been negative moments, the most negative of all came only a few years ago."

for me now is more negative. even when we were in seireB i believed that it will be just a couple of years before we dominate Italy again.
But now,there are too many things wrong with the team and until all, and i mean ALL, the management team starting from the physio to blanc is gone, i really dot believe we can be great again. and for me loosing hope is worse than being demoted.
Get a grip on reality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)