The Official Jean-Alain Boumsong Thread (Lyon) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Sure Boumsong isn't the best defender around, but IMO the problem we're facing in defence since we started this season has nothing to do with Boumsong but with the way we're playing and all the defenders and not only one.

I'm not here to praise Boumsong because he doesn't deserve It and not here to bash him because he doesn't deserve It aswell.
And I have to say moving from EPL to Serie (B) isn't something someone can easily adapt, except for those who played in Italy before.

Another thing is that usually defenders do performe better when they have a hand around=backup, we all know the good understanding Thuram-Cannavaro had since their Parma days, thats how they both developed, the same goes with Montero-Ferrara, Maldini-Costacurta/Baresi....The same thing we're witnessing with Terry-Carvalho.....nowadays.

So the point here is that Boumsong doesn't only take the responsibilty lot of you are putting on him.
agreed rab

abt the point with stability and defensive partnerships.Boumsong didn't have a stable partner next to him.He had almost every defender next to him and that doesn't help at all.

I will give him credit though cause now he decreased those stupid extra touches or unnecessary possession of the ball.He left almost all the fancy stuff he used to do in the past.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Craig G

Mar 19, 2007
Useless for us at newcaslte

Would not be a pretty sight if he was a regular for juve in serie A, in fact it would be carnage, I'm sure you will stregthen in the summer anywa when you go up, what positions?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Useless for us at newcaslte

Would not be a pretty sight if he was a regular for juve in serie A, in fact it would be carnage, I'm sure you will stregthen in the summer anywa when you go up, what positions?

Welcome to the forums.

Boumsong probably won't be a starter for us in Serie A, but he isn't THAT bad for Serie B. As when we get back to Serie A, the positions that need to be strengthened most are central defence and central midfield.

Craig G

Mar 19, 2007
Yes Bramble isn't good like.

Young steven taylor is a decent player, and we had craig moore playin on sat :) he'll be away at end of season though. In fact our whole defense is a joke. Solano has been class at right back as out regular right back has lost it. And we got the gooch, who looks good too.

You lot not going for another striker in the summer?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Yes Bramble isn't good like.

Young steven taylor is a decent player, and we had craig moore playin on sat :) he'll be away at end of season though. In fact our whole defense is a joke. Solano has been class at right back as out regular right back has lost it. And we got the gooch, who looks good too.

You lot not going for another striker in the summer?
If Trezeguet stays, I don't think we need a striker, but if he leaves, we will probably looking for a striker to replace him. Same goes for Camoranesi.

Craig G

Mar 19, 2007
I would have thought they would stay having gone through serie B

Whats it been like in that league? Many of you go to the games? Would b a totally different atmosphere i would imagine

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I would have thought they would stay having gone through serie B

Whats it been like in that league? Many of you go to the games? Would b a totally different atmosphere i would imagine
It's not bad. After being deducted 9 points, we are three points ahead in the first place, but with a game in hand, so hopefully we will increase the gap to six points. I don't think there are a lot of people here that go to the games, as most of us here don't live in Italy, but we still try to watch the games on the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)