The Official Jean-Alain Boumsong Thread (Lyon) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Boumsong's charity pledge

Boumsong has set up a charity football tournament in Cameroon.

The former Rangers man was born in Cameroon and is trying to help the local community in the African country.

The 'Jean-Alain Boumsong Somkong Football tournament' will include a number of European players and is due to take place in Douala between April 5 and April 8.

The intention is to raise funds in order to provide clean drinking water, a hospital and materials for schools.

"Those elementary realisations are vital for living and will change the life of the community," declared Boumsong.

Eurosport

-------------------------------------------

Classy, but I guess he could use a more interesting name for the tournament:D

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

The former Rangers man was born in Cameroon and is trying to help the local community in the African country.

The 'Jean-Alain Boumsong Somkong Football tournament' will include a number of European players and is due to take place in Douala between April 5 and April 8.

The intention is to raise funds in order to provide clean drinking water, a hospital and materials for schools.

"Those elementary realisations are vital for living and will change the life of the community," declared Boumsong.

Eurosport

:rofl:
whats Somkong????

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006

Eurosport

Good for Boum! He's trying to help people in his home country who are less well off than himself! Have a :pint: Jean- Alain.

Jean-Alain Boumsong Somkong is Boum's full name.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
:agree: Yep! Source Wikipedia: -
Jean-Alain Boumsong
Personal information
Full name Jean-Alain Boumsong Somkong
Date of birth December 14, 1979 (age 27)
Place of birth Douala, Cameroon
Height 1.91 m
Nickname "Un, deux, trois...BOUMSONG!"
Position Defender
Club information
Current club Juventus
Number 18
Senior clubs1
Years Club App (Gls)*
1997–2000
2000–04
2004–05
2005–06
2006–present Le Havre
AJ Auxerre
Rangers
Newcastle United
Juventus 42 (1)
101 (3)
18 (2)
47 (0)
16 (1)
National team2
2003–present France 21 (1)
1 Senior club appearances and goals
counted for the domestic league only and
correct as of 12:00, 17 February, 2007.
2 National team caps and goals correct
as of 12:00, 11 October 2006.
* Appearances (Goals)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
he was the only one we could buy who would accept it. barzagli? no he can play uefa and serie A football whats the point. so boumsong was our only option and he wasnt in two minds about the decision
It was so good of him to come and play for us that I will personally volunteer to show him the door this summer and offer my thanks for serie b, but no thanks for the carnage that would be Boumsong in serie a.

Can't wait to see the back of that useless hun. Juve would be better playing me at CB, I have better positional sense.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Sure Boumsong isn't the best defender around, but IMO the problem we're facing in defence since we started this season has nothing to do with Boumsong but with the way we're playing and all the defenders and not only one.

I'm not here to praise Boumsong because he doesn't deserve It and not here to bash him because he doesn't deserve It aswell.
And I have to say moving from EPL to Serie (B) isn't something someone can easily adapt, except for those who played in Italy before.

Another thing is that usually defenders do performe better when they have a hand around=backup, we all know the good understanding Thuram-Cannavaro had since their Parma days, thats how they both developed, the same goes with Montero-Ferrara, Maldini-Costacurta/Baresi....The same thing we're witnessing with Terry-Carvalho.....nowadays.

So the point here is that Boumsong doesn't only take the responsibilty lot of you are putting on him.

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #300
    Sure Boumsong isn't the best defender around, but IMO the problem we're facing in defence since we started this season has nothing to do with Boumsong but with the way we're playing and all the defenders and not only one.

I'm not here to praise Boumsong because he doesn't deserve It and not here to bash him because he doesn't deserve It aswell.
    And I have to say moving from EPL to Serie (B) isn't something someone can easily adapt, except for those who played in Italy before.

Another thing is that usually defenders do performe better when they have a hand around=backup, we all know the good understanding Thuram-Cannavaro had since their Parma days, thats how they both developed, the same goes with Montero-Ferrara, Maldini-Costacurta/Baresi....The same thing we're witnessing with Terry-Carvalho.....nowadays.

So the point here is that Boumsong doesn't only take the responsibilty lot of you are putting on him.
    Yeah, try telling that to Vinman. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)