The Official Jean-Alain Boumsong Thread (Lyon) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Boum almost went bust

Jean-Alain Boumsong has admitted he found life tough at the start of his Juventus career, but claims he is now content with life in Turin.

The powerful defender joined Juve in the summer from Newcastle, but a number of early blunders hindered his progress in Serie B.

Boumsong, who also says he has been the victim of racist abuse in Italy, claims he will never erase the major error he made on his Juve debut from his memory banks.

"I will never forget my first match with Juventus," he told L'Equipe. "We conceded a draw at Rimini, partly due to me, as I made a mistake.

"After that match I was destroyed. It has been one of the worst moments of my career.

"I had just come from a more than difficult season at Newcastle, and a World Cup experience on the bench.

"The criticism of the Bianconeri fans and the local newspaper have been very difficult to experience.

"Above all after Newcastle, where the English press had been terrible with me, they considered me as the worst player of the Premier League.

"But now I believe I have found the right level for the French team.

"If coach Raymond Domenech plays me against Ukraine, I will be equal to the situation.

"I hope so much to be called. I deserve the coach to think about me.

"But if I am not part of the next list, I won't protest. I am too respectful of Raymond Domenech and the French team."

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He has certainly improved a lot, but he still has a long way to go before I'll be happy with Boumsong at CB for us in A.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
i remember how everyone was against him when he came but now , everyone's starting to like him..who knows, maybe his wonderdays could let him shine with juve now

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
^ Thats normal man, if BOum plays good games you should be stupid to dislike him!
He had a terible start, but now he's starting to use his height in tha attack also.
Agains Genoa I'v watched him whole game he WAS good. He tried one A-La-Thuram dribling and he succeeded! After that he get carried away and in the seccond dribble he lost the ball. THAT I didn't like. .. He's far from Thuram!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
not me my friend , not me at all.. I defended him here against the morons all the time. same goes for Zalayeta, Zebina, Camoranesi and Balzaretti..

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
I've attacked Zebina which I rarely seeing underperform just because his previsious contract & transfers sagas, I hated Camo because of his performance but these last 2 seasons are :tup:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I've never been against Boumsong. Yes, I criticised him, because sometimes he is clumsy and I was more nervous and irritated at the beginning of this season, but now I feel much better. Not just because we're on verge of returning to our usual place, but also because these feelings of satisfaction and comfortable have been transmitted from the players to us (the fans).

Thanks, Boumsong.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
he is a very good back up, we can use him against small teams, or if we have to rest the first team players.

Sep 14, 2003
"I will never forget my first match with Juventus," he told L'Equipe. "We conceded a draw at Rimini, partly due to me, as I made a mistake.

"After that match I was destroyed. It has been one of the worst moments of my career.
Incredible statement considering he must've had many to choose from.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So everybody who doesn't like Boumsong is a racist I suppose... haven't been so liberal since denco stuck his fingers in an argument labelling all people who called Emerson a mercenary. So fucking retarded I couldn't fathom it let alone fathom it now.

Fucking goddamn SALTINE WHITES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)