The official Italy trip (Juventus) thread (7 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Here's a question for Buck, how good is their English if you were to run into one and wanted to chat?
Pretty bad. They usually do make an effort to help/understand you, but it's extremely basic. Really "chatting" as such is impossible 70 or 80% of the time. Most hotels & certain stores (like the Juve one, for example) have English speaking personnel though.

It's either Italian or French if you want to have a real conversation.

Or were you talking about possibly meeting players? :D
They do understand English quite well, talking not so much. Depends on the player, I guess.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Pretty bad. They usually do make an effort to help/understand you, but it's extremely basic. Really "chatting" as such is impossible 70 or 80% of the time. Most hotels & certain stores (like the Juve one, for example) have English speaking personnel though.

It's either Italian or French if you want to have a real conversation.
Cheers :) I had best keep up my Italian classes then.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
So where did you end up having dinner last night?
We had dinner at Urbani on sunday night, it was phenomenal. What we really enjoyed was the service - the entire staff and especially our waiter was beyond kind and helpful. He actually brought his own Grappa from the back and sat down with us for a few drinks. The food was amazing and we got to sample 3 things from each section and we didn't get ripped off. Its a great place and I too would recommend it to anyone going to Torino anytime.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We had dinner at Urbani on sunday night, it was phenomenal. What we really enjoyed was the service - the entire staff and especially our waiter was beyond kind and helpful. He actually brought his own Grappa from the back and sat down with us for a few drinks. The food was amazing and we got to sample 3 things from each section and we didn't get ripped off. Its a great place and I too would recommend it to anyone going to Torino anytime.
I love that about Italy. I'm into grappa, and when they find that out they break out their best stuff from the back to share with you.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Or were you talking about possibly meeting players? :D
They do understand English quite well, talking not so much. Depends on the player, I guess.
Ha, yes! I didn't notice your edit, I did mean the players, and not just boys in general. It wouldn't be that kind of a trip. I will still try to work on the language skills.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Ha, yes! I didn't notice your edit, I did mean the players, and not just boys in general. It wouldn't be that kind of a trip. I will still try to work on the language skills.
Oh, and here I was thinking that you were the kind of girl who just goes everywhere with the sole purpose of chatting up random guys.

Have any of you grappa enthousiasts ever tried the red pepper based grappa? I just had to try it when I first saw it, not a major success though...

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I am happy that my recommendation went fruitful and that you enjoyed your time.
:pint:

I love that about Italy. I'm into grappa, and when they find that out they break out their best stuff from the back to share with you.
Word

Oh, and here I was thinking that you were the kind of girl who just goes everywhere with the sole purpose of chatting up random guys.

Have any of you grappa enthousiasts ever tried the red pepper based grappa? I just had to try it when I first saw it, not a major success though...
Do you remember the name of it?

I prefer grappa over ouzo now, its just easierto take down IMO

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Do you remember the name of it?

I prefer grappa over ouzo now, its just easierto take down IMO
No idea. It was something I picked up on one of those markets where the locals sell their (homemade) products like cheese, chocolat, wines, etc.

It's probably sold in stores as well I'd think. Anyway, you can't miss it, the red pepper is still in the bottle :D
But trust, it's far from easy to take down.

Feb 4, 2009
Anyone planning to go to a game in the new stadium? A friend and I are going to Italy on the 6th of September and we're staying for about a month. Gonna catch all the games that are on then, can't wait!

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I was planning the fly in Bergamo, see a match in Milan and one in Turin and maybe an Albinoleffe game but alas I get to go to wales instead :groan:

How difficult would it be to get an A-Z row ticket about 3 months in advance?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
They usually cost a lot, why do you have to buy the match ticket so much in advance if it is guaranteed you can get it a few days ahead of the match at face value?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)