The official Italy trip (Juventus) thread (4 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Antica Taverna on Via Monte Giordano was very good.

Small place, plenty folk who seemed to be locals eating there.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Torino - Go to Piazza Castello, via Garibaldi (juve store on this street), via Roma and via Po, via Cernaia. Nice to wonder around these areas especially via Roma. Nice restaurant called Pizzeria Statuto da Carmen on via Manzoni just off Piazza Statuto. Also really good ice-cream chain called Grom in Turin.
Whatever you do, Dru, don't miss out on this. Not even if it's raining & 2C°. Probably the best gelati ever.

I got the recos in spades at home. Going to have to look them up. I can make your stomach explode with yummy goodness in Torino. Milano, eh, not as much.
:agree:

There's just too much choice, really. I can never remember any names though.
But, Dru, if you end up in very small restaurant where there's a Cagliari shirt hanging on the wall, walk back out. For some reason this place (a corridor basically) is pretty hyped (tourist guides & whatnot) but very expensive for what you actually get. Crap house wine as well.

Something else that might interest you: Hotel Principe de Piemonte. The team (usually) stays there before & on match days.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Something else that might interest you: Hotel Principe de Piemonte. The team (usually) stays there before & on match days.
I think that has to be given a priority. Basically you'll get to see most (if not all) of the players. If you'll might be lucky enough, Ale might look at you. I know Melo would certainly do. :D

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Architecture in Rome:

Fontana di Trevi
Forum Romanum
Piazza Navona
Pantheon
Spanish-steps
St. Celementechurch
Bocca della Verita
Cimitero dei Cappuccini
Campo de’ Fiori
Trastevere
Piazza della Minerva
Castel Sant’ Angelo
Santa Maria del Popolo

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Grom is good. There's another legit new competitor in town, though.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to my list. I kept a journal of my last trip to Torino in late '07, which was da bomb. I'll be sure to share details/PM them.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I think that has to be given a priority. Basically you'll get to see most (if not all) of the players. If you'll might be lucky enough, Ale might look at you. I know Melo would certainly do. :D
Better yet, go at the right time & you can have a nice little chat with some of the guys.

Grom is good. There's another legit new competitor in town, though.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to my list. I kept a journal of my last trip to Torino in late '07, which was da bomb. I'll be sure to share details/PM them.
Post it here if you want. Other people might be interested as well, I know I am.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Generally speaking, the entire team & (big part of the) staff get together the evening before the matchday. The time they usually meet up is between 19h00 & 20h00. Some will arrive on foot, some by car, some by taxi, ...
On matchdays it's usually a bit more difficult to approach anyone. Chances are you'll get to see nothing but the team bus.

Also, if for some reason they aren't staying in the hotel I mentioned earlier, you could try one of the hotels at the Lingotto (the old Fiat factory). Can't remember the exact name though, it's the one that's near the shopping center entrance where the Juve store is.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I've met a few, yeah.

Some of them in the city center of Torino (near the Juve store or the adjacent squares/streets are always a good bet).
Some at Vinovo (not worth heading out there though).
And some at the hotel.

Pesotto (fun), Boumsong (incredibly friendly), Palladino (stuck up), Molinaro (cool guy), Quag (arrogant), Krasic (odd), Buffon (gay), Ranieri (mr sympathy), Capello (weird), Trez (confused), Grygera (down to earth), are some that come to mind.

And Camo, Canna, Zebina, Nedved, Brazzo, Bonucci, Melo, Chiellini, ...

Oh, and Delpie, but that was just a "quickie"...

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well, it is all about luck. If you meet one of them in town, there's obviously no planning involved.
And when you are somewhere the entire team is, it pretty much depends on how busy they are, how many people there are, etc. Sometimes the players are "free", sometimes they're shielded.

As for pics: About half the time, I'd say. Maybe even less.
Guess I just can't be bothered. You don't want to know how many times I've been there thinking: "Damn, next time I'll bring a shirt for them to sign." And, subsequently, I don't.

Next time though :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)