The official Italy trip (Juventus) thread (7 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Just back from the Juve - Genoa match, looks like I picked a great game to go to.

The stadium was a sell out (apart from Genoa fans), the atmosphere was superb and the game was brilliant.

I also walked passed Traore in a department store and saw Aquilani sitting at the traffic lights in Turin the day before the game.

I really would encourage anybody considering making a trip to do so.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Did you like Turin?

I was quite happy to kill an afternoon there before a game, but I'm not sure I'd want to hang around there for much longer than that.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Turin rocks. Some of the best food and coffee spots I've had anywhere in the world.

I hear even Guus Hiddink likes to come by for a bite now and then. :shifty:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Aye, there were some nice spots, but I found the whole place pretty unremarkable.

Wasn't fussed about Milan either.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Just back from the Juve - Genoa match, looks like I picked a great game to go to.

The stadium was a sell out (apart from Genoa fans), the atmosphere was superb and the game was brilliant.

I also walked passed Traore in a department store and saw Aquilani sitting at the traffic lights in Turin the day before the game.

I really would encourage anybody considering making a trip to do so.
do you have a picture of that

Boksic

May 11, 2005
do you have a picture of that
Unfortunately not - I tried to get a picture of Aquilani but he drove off before I could take it. As for Traore, I wasn't too fussed about getting one with him and nobody else was hassling him.

Did you like Turin?

I was quite happy to kill an afternoon there before a game, but I'm not sure I'd want to hang around there for much longer than that.
Loved Turin. In the previous times that I have been I have just gone from the station to the stadium or hung around near the station. But this time I stayed near Porta Susa Station for a couple of days and really liked the city, not many tourists, great restaurants/cafes, good shops, nice atmosphere in the city especially with the weather.

I really like Milan, but I can see why some people do not like it.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Ok so my trip is about a week and half away and I would like some tips on things to do, places to see and spots to eat/drink (most importantly eat). My itinerary looks like this:

Milan
Turin (monday for the match)
Florence
Rome

PM me if you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a rundown in each city

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Ok so my trip is about a week and half away and I would like some tips on things to do, places to see and spots to eat/drink (most importantly eat). My itinerary looks like this:

Milan
Turin (monday for the match)
Florence
Rome

PM me if you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a rundown in each city
I'm just back from a trip where I went to each of those cities.

Milan - Go to the Duomo for shopping etc, Navigli for some nice bars. Good pizzeria called Fashion or something like that on Via Napo Torriani (near Stazione Centrale).

Torino - Go to Piazza Castello, via Garibaldi (juve store on this street), via Roma and via Po, via Cernaia. Nice to wonder around these areas especially via Roma. Nice restaurant called Pizzeria Statuto da Carmen on via Manzoni just off Piazza Statuto. Also really good ice-cream chain called Grom in Turin.

Rome - I only went to see the Colloseum etc and was only their for a day.

Florence - Nice areas near the Ponte Vecchio and the catherdral. Superb restaurant, one of the best that I have ever been to called La Giostra on via Borgo Pinti (has pictures of celebrities that have been there before on the wall) it is quite expensive but definitely worth it.

Any thing else just ask.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I got the recos in spades at home. Going to have to look them up. I can make your stomach explode with yummy goodness in Torino. Milano, eh, not as much.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Work off Corso Vittorio Emmanuele II when in Rome. It runs from The Vatican down towards the Colosseum, with stuff like the Trevi Fountain not that far off it.

There is great food all over the place, at good prices when you wander off the main tourist routes.

The shopping wasn't much good, so I wouldn't spend much time wandering round the designer bits.

Get yourself some weed before going to the football so that you fit in with the locals. :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Work off Corso Vittorio Emmanuele II when in Rome. It runs from The Vatican down towards the Colosseum, with stuff like the Trevi Fountain not that far off it.

There is great food all over the place, at good prices when you wander off the main tourist routes.

The shopping wasn't much good, so I wouldn't spend much time wandering round the designer bits.

Get yourself some weed before going to the football so that you fit in with the locals. :D
Or at least Del Neri before starting Motta every week.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I'm just back from a trip where I went to each of those cities.

Milan - Go to the Duomo for shopping etc, Navigli for some nice bars. Good pizzeria called Fashion or something like that on Via Napo Torriani (near Stazione Centrale).

Torino - Go to Piazza Castello, via Garibaldi (juve store on this street), via Roma and via Po, via Cernaia. Nice to wonder around these areas especially via Roma. Nice restaurant called Pizzeria Statuto da Carmen on via Manzoni just off Piazza Statuto. Also really good ice-cream chain called Grom in Turin.

Rome - I only went to see the Colloseum etc and was only their for a day.

Florence - Nice areas near the Ponte Vecchio and the catherdral. Superb restaurant, one of the best that I have ever been to called La Giostra on via Borgo Pinti (has pictures of celebrities that have been there before on the wall) it is quite expensive but definitely worth it.

Any thing else just ask.
Thanks man! I’ll definitely get back to you if I have any questions. :pint:

I got the recos in spades at home. Going to have to look them up. I can make your stomach explode with yummy goodness in Torino. Milano, eh, not as much.
Yea let me know if you can go through them and suggest a few things

Yea we usually like to avoid the tourist eateries and like to sample the true local fare. Plus we don’t want to get ripped off like the most tourists do

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
In Turin you just have to eat at Urbani, probably the best restaurant ever. If you are lucky, you might meet someone you'd like to meet ;)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
In Turin you just have to eat at Urbani, probably the best restaurant ever. If you are lucky, you might meet someone you'd like to meet ;)
Its added to my list of things to do in each city

and if its who I'm thinking of then I must prepare accordingly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)