The official Italy trip (Juventus) thread (8 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Shame mate, seems like you got a smart deal though :tup:
Could have been great having a beer with you British boy.

Which hotel have you picked?

But here I was thinking that it was fairly cheap for me to travel to Turin, when in fact it turns out that I pay more than you guys :depressed
http://www.hotelmontevecchio.com/

What helped us reduce the price a lot is the match ticket. The ticket's normal price was around €180 by itself. The company I work for has the official rights to show all Champions League and Europa League matches here in Malta, so we got a massive discount of 75%.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
For sure Klin, I'm sure our paths will cross in the future though. I don't think I'll stop going to Turin so it's perhaps best to set a date in the future and get a few people out to Italy.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Yeah, this should be the first trip of hopefully many to come. Next one should be the first match of next season's in the new stadium.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The ""howzit, shap shap" is something you hear everyday in SA.

I fell in love with the darkie's accent btw, nice mixture of Afrikaans and English :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
The ""howzit, shap shap" is something you hear everyday in SA.

I fell in love with the darkie's accent btw, nice mixture of Afrikaans and English :D
Not everywhere dude. Where were you staying?

The eish part really got me cracking. The lingo here is really something special. It's a mixture of so many languages its scary.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I stayed near Melrose, i stayed in Protea Hotel Wanderers. Mate, the howzit bit is everywhere.

As for the other lingo, i get puzzled when i speak to the darkies in Johanesburg, so i resorted to the travel guide i had with me, that explained some of the SA lingo. Also the concierge in the hotel was quite helpful in that respect too :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I stayed near Melrose, i stayed in Protea Hotel Wanderers. Mate, the howzit bit is everywhere.

As for the other lingo, i get puzzled when i speak to the darkies in Johanesburg, so i resorted to the travel guide i had with me, that explained some of the SA lingo. Also the concierge in the hotel was quite helpful in that respect too :D
You know that the Portugal vs Mozambique friendly was played right next to the hotel? I was there & the porras were friggin wild.

Did you manage to speak to some of the local indian folks here? They have the weirdest lingo ever.:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No didn't run into many Indians during my stay.

Isn't that a cricket stadium beside Protea? You mean they played there?

Btw, whats that sport old white men play over there? Some kind of game with small balls in a large grass field. Looks boring as hell. :p

I met quite a few Serbs over there too btw. As soon as they find out i'm from Libya, they start blabbering about the good old Tito days, and keep telling me how Tito and Geddaffi were good friends. One of them even suggested SA should adopt Sharia law, and start cutting off thieves hands, apparently he got robbed at gunpoint once :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
No didn't run into many Indians during my stay.

Isn't that a cricket stadium beside Protea? You mean they played there?

Btw, whats that sport old white men play over there? Some kind of game with small balls in a large grass field. Looks boring as hell. :p

I met quite a few Serbs over there too btw. As soon as they find out i'm from Libya, they start blabbering about the good old Tito days, and keep telling me how Tito and Geddaffi were good friends. One of them even suggested SA should adopt Sharia law, and start cutting off thieves hands, apparently he got robbed at gunpoint once :D
Yeah, that's it.

They play lawn bowls & it is meant for older folks. The Serbs here like to complain about the country & but they lived like fucking paupers back home.Some of them would earn like 200 euros a month back home, when they come here, they earn ten times that amount & they still complain.

Now you did hear the Serb womens accents here, right? Don't they sound manly?:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Unfortunately i only ran into Serbian dudes, no Serbian women. :frown:

The Serbs complain about SA, they complain about Serbia, they're a bunch of whiney fucks who complain about everything and idolize Tito and Yugoslavia.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Unfortunately i only ran into Serbian dudes, no Serbian women. :frown:

The Serbs complain about SA, they complain about Serbia, they're a bunch of whiney fucks who complain about everything and idolize Tito and Yugoslavia.
If you ever make another stop here, let me know. I'll take you to Fordsburg, where all the muslims hang out including hindus.

The bargains you'll find there are ridiculous. If you want a hand grenade, those bastards will arrange it for you, provided you're muslim. The only reason i found out was because i was with my mate & he told me to pretend & i said my name was Bashir.:D

Also movies that are scheduled to be released in a week are being distributed by those bastards way ahead of time.:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
If you ever make another stop here, let me know. I'll take you to Fordsburg, where all the muslims hang out including hindus.

The bargains you'll find there are ridiculous. If you want a hand grenade, those bastards will arrange it for you, provided you're muslim. The only reason i found out was because i was with my mate & he told me to pretend & i said my name was Bashir.:D

Also movies that are scheduled to be released in a week are being distributed by those bastards way ahead of time.:D
:lol:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Public transport in the UK is not good and is expensive compared to other major European countries.
Yep, I think it is £3.50 for a day ticket now, which adds up for example if you were not traveling by public transport every day, a monthly pass is still around £50.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Alright, so am going to Italy tomorrow to catch Milan-juve, then Milan-Madrid, then off to Juve-Salzburg then to Lazio-Roma.

I didn't buy tickets for the Juve-Salzburg game, you guys think I should try get my hands on the tickets before hand ? or should be alright just getting from the gate ?

Also any recommendations of places to go in Turin, Milan and Rome will be appreciated and where the players usually stay will be really appreciated. The guys am going with went to Milan before but not the other cities.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Guys, I really need your help.

I’m going to Bocconi University in Milan next semester, which begins February and ends at May. I asked about their dorms and they were pretty expensive.

The semester is about 4 months and my budget for an apartment is 200-400 Euros per month.

I hope anyone of you has experience in apartment hunting in Milan, because I really can’t find any good ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)