The official Italy trip (Juventus) thread (7 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Have you been to Rome before?

If not, get a tour bus and just hop off anywhere that looks interesting. That should give you a brief glance around in a few hours.

The Colosseum was the best of the obvious tourist things, in my book.

Depends on what sort of gift you are planning to get. Heaps of stalls with crappy tourist stuff if that's what your after. Don't know where you would go if you want something nice, though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yeah, there really aren't any "bad" spots in Rome, especially in the city centre. So just get some transport to the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum or some other landmark & just walk around from there. Rome really is a beautiful city & fun to walk around in. If you don't mind the gazillion tourists, that is.

As for gifts, like Red said, you'll have a lot of choice in the usual tourist crap. But there are obviously a bunch of streets where there are nice shops as well (can't quite remember their names, get a city map when you're there).

Prepare to spend some money though, Rome is obviously quite expensive.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
As for hangouts I have 2 days
the first one is with my work so We`ll probably go to places like the Colesseum
as for the 2nd day its all free for me to go wherever I want...

As for the gift I intend to spend around 50 euros I thought about something like a purse a handbag something like that

By the way I heard there is a nice market there is it open in midweeks my vacation date falls at midweek (tuesday Wednesday)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
50 euro only for a handbag? you are definitely a Jew!!
You mean its a lot or its cheap?
I would like to spend more but I can`t afford spending more I`m pretty broke and even that sum is a lot for me I don`t expect so spend this much on myself

2nd thing It doesnt have to be a handbag it could be other women stuff a handbag and a purse were the first things coming to my mind
It could also be things like scarves (I know she likes scarves quite a lot)
I`m not locked on something particular I`m open for suggestions but I do know I am going for something like the things I mentioned

If you know where I can buy those things (pretty things in a resonable price and yes I know Rome is expensive...) you`ll help me a lot

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
You mean its a lot or its cheap?
I would like to spend more but I can`t afford spending more I`m pretty broke and even that sum is a lot for me I don`t expect so spend this much on myself

2nd thing It doesnt have to be a handbag it could be other women stuff a handbag and a purse were the first things coming to my mind
It could also be things like scarves (I know she likes scarves quite a lot)
I`m not locked on something particular I`m open for suggestions but I do know I am going for something like the things I mentioned

If you know where I can buy those things (pretty things in a resonable price and yes I know Rome is expensive...) you`ll help me a lot
50 euro for a handbag is cheap ofcourse :p

I have been there once only for few days, so I am not an expert to tell you where to buy from, you won't need a help anyway for shopping, you will see gift shops everywhere when you are walking around. It's not like you are asking Juve store.

As where to go, like the guys mentioned here you should see the Colosseum for sure, and you can visit Vatican and show your middle finger to that Nazi dude.

and you better learn a few useful Italian words, no one talks English there.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I´m going to Turin this summer, do you guys have any idea if there stores there that offer juve shirts from the early 2000´s?
You should be able to find some replica Juventus kits of those years from sport shops there. Not from Juvestore though.

StormRuller

Jul 18, 2004
I'm planning a travel to Turin in September during the month I'll be in vacation from work...

As I know many stadiums in Europe there are the season tickets where the fans buy tickets for all games of the season.

Does anyone knows if I can buy one ticket for a Juventus match in September like 2-5 days prior the day of the match and how much does it cost a single ticket??

Thanks!!

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Ok so I'm going to Italy for the first 2 weeks of May. I'm flying into Milan and flying out of Rome. I need to book accommodations for Milan and Turin (I'll be attending the Juve-Chievo match).

Any help/suggestions in dining, hotels and things to do would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me with your suggestions.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Ok so I'm going to Italy for the first 2 weeks of May. I'm flying into Milan and flying out of Rome. I need to book accommodations for Milan and Turin (I'll be attending the Juve-Chievo match).

Any help/suggestions in dining, hotels and things to do would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me with your suggestions.
I'm going to Turin soon and probably staying in the NH Lingotto, (it used to be the fiat car factory and has a track on the roof), don't really know Turin other than getting to the stadium and back.

Milan is great, Hotel Brera is really good, right next to the station so its handy. Plenty of nice restaurants around there, the area around the duomo is the best.

If you are making your way to Rome try stopping off in Florence, great city.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I'm going to Turin soon and probably staying in the NH Lingotto, (it used to be the fiat car factory and has a track on the roof), don't really know Turin other than getting to the stadium and back.

Milan is great, Hotel Brera is really good, right next to the station so its handy. Plenty of nice restaurants around there, the area around the duomo is the best.

If you are making your way to Rome try stopping off in Florence, great city.
Ok cool, I’ll look into those places to stay. When are you planning to go btw?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)