The Official Golf Thread (2 Viewers)

OP
Red

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #23

Get to borrow this bad boy tomorrow, average drive of 220yrds, hope I get ~180
    Callaway haven't made a good looking driver in years.

They should go back to the simple designs of the original Big Bertha.

Still, their clubs tend to be quite easy to hit.

OP
    Red

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #29
    My clubs got thrown out, already have a spare set of RH clubs, it makes little difference anyway, just requires a little patience with the left arm re: follow through.

It can't make me any shitter at golf.
    Could be an advantage on some shots to have a strong left arm.

You can be the opposite of that freak Phil Mickelson, who is right handed but plays as a leftie.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    The only downside is with Iron and other clubs like rescue drivers where the swing is difficult for me at the moment, at least 10% of the balls either go 4ft from poor hitting or 20-25ft from slightly less poorer hitting.

\i'm just working on my pitching driving and putting atm, to eas back in with a few par 3 and pitch n putt courses.

OP
    Red

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #33
    Draw was made fo the Open today.

One or two interesting groups, with Montgomerie, Mickelson and Goosen being the best threesome.

I'm going to have to have an early start on Thursday to see Aberdeen's own Paul Lawrie hit the first tee shot of the tournament at 6.30 am.

Apparently the course was completely unplayable yesterday for some practice rounds. The wind was so strong that it just blew to ball off the green, even if the ball was stationary. The R&A admitted that play would have had to be suspended if it had been a tournament day.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...the-winds-to-hone-his-links-game-2024426.html

OP
    Red

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #36
    Ryder Cup time!!! :weee:

Fuck America, except for the fact I like the American players more than the European ones, so won't be too bothered who wins.

Opening ceremony in progress and tomorrow morning's matches to be announced shortly.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Golf sucks ass. If i could attach some explosives to the ball & whack it into my neighbors yard, then golf would actually be interesting.

OP
    Red

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
  • Thread Starter #38
    You don't need explosives.

Just fire balls through his windows.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    He's a wet noodle. His windows are bullet proof, he makes a point of always mentioning it to me when i'm around.

I've lost a lot of business because i never took the time to play golf. Seriously has impacted my networking abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)