The Official Firearm Thread (2 Viewers)

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #27
    some guns have internal silencers as well (?), like the mp5 sd?
    Yes, many weapons have fully suppressed barrels. The MP5 SD, AAC Honey Badger come to mind immediately. The MP5 SD is apparently so silent, the action ejecting a spend round and chambering a new one is louder than the round being fired.
    Bomba, can I ask why you have a handgun like that? Hobby shooting or some personal protection issue?
    Both, I guess, of course I've used it for "hobo" shooting a lot, as well as hating woodwind instruments, so I do a lot of "oboe" shooting too.
    :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    ßöмßäяðîëя;4316341 said:
    Yes, many weapons have fully suppressed barrels. The MP5 SD, AAC Honey Badger come to mind immediately. The MP5 SD is apparently so silent, the action ejecting a spend round and chambering a new one is louder than the round being fired.
    crazy, I heard they cost like $15k each though.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #33
    Well, the military isn't going to sell you one, and they are the biggest consumer of those styles of weapons. It would be way simpler to find an MP5 Navy and throw a suppressor on it.

The MP5 SDs are just really rare, even for militaries, and if I, as a civilian, was going to buy one, I'd have to find a private collector or someone who is ex-military who has one.

Here, I found one.

$22k

http://www.gunsamerica.com/98794840...sor_Select_Fire_Integrally_Suppressed_9MM.htm

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    ßöмßäяðîëя;4316147 said:
    Um, here, this is the weapon and the suppressor....

- - - Updated - - -

You can actually hear the bullet hit the wood or whatever it strikes and it's louder than the weapon.
    That is awesome, didn't think they could work that well.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    ßöмßäяðîëя;4316381 said:
    Well, the military isn't going to sell you one, and they are the biggest consumer of those styles of weapons. It would be way simpler to find an MP5 Navy and throw a suppressor on it.

The MP5 SDs are just really rare, even for militaries, and if I, as a civilian, was going to buy one, I'd have to find a private collector or someone who is ex-military who has one.

Here, I found one.

$22k

http://www.gunsamerica.com/98794840...sor_Select_Fire_Integrally_Suppressed_9MM.htm
    I've seen those for sale at gunshows in Nevada priced significantly cheaper, just without select fire. You can own one of these though? you have class 3 federal firearms clearance?

- - - Updated - - -

Questio : Is it true you can buy an AA-10 (drum fed) straight from the store ?

And are there restrictions on the type of shells ?
    Not where i live in CA but in most states yea. I can't think of any shotgun shells that are illegal other than non-lethal crowd control rounds that the Law uses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)