The official coding thread (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes. My team is eight software developer.

I think it's good to get the certificate if you want to change companies but I am happy where I am and within the company there are lots of development opportunities.
True that. I may want to change as I’m worried about an eventual ceiling coming into play. Always good to keep up with new stuff too. Hopefully the test isn’t too bad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Does anybody here possibly know how to import a slide from Powerpoint into Power BI? Not as background, but as a template with editable fields? I don't want to have to recreate a friggin' slide in Power BI for this goddamn envisioning template I'm creating. I did some searching on google and didn't find what I needed.

@Dru @JCK @AFL_ITALIA @Cerval

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Does anybody here possibly know how to import a slide from Powerpoint into Power BI? Not as background, but as a template with editable fields? I don't want to have to recreate a friggin' slide in Power BI for this goddamn envisioning template I'm creating. I did some searching on google and didn't find what I needed.

Checkout Upslide

- - - Updated - - -

We use it to embed live dashboards and tiles from PBI into PowerPoint. Maybe there is a two way feature.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Never used Power BI before, sorry

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Checkout Upslide

- - - Updated - - -

We use it to embed live dashboards and tiles from PBI into PowerPoint. Maybe there is a two way feature.
Thanks - doesn't seem like there is. I guess what I'm trying to do is impossible, which just seems odd.

Trying to format this into a presentable status report that will be seen by a ton of people isn't easy.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Thanks - doesn't seem like there is. I guess what I'm trying to do is impossible, which just seems odd.

Trying to format this into a presentable status report that will be seen by a ton of people isn't easy.
Can you build it in PBI and then use Upslide to embed into a slide?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Can you build it in PBI and then use Upslide to embed into a slide?
So what I'm doing is creating a form in a Sharepoint site for functional experts to formally request enhancements with a value and effort score, et cetera. I'm then using Power Automate to feed those scores into a Power Bi matrix and Sharepoint list, then having Power BI consume everything to create a status report where you can toggle between work efforts. I think we want to be able to send these out via email and create a view in Sharepoint. I think I have the data I need, but just need to format the status report using an existing report we have in a slide. I don't think they want to have a bunch of slides for all the work efforts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)