The Official "Ask Bürke About Military Hardware" Thread (1 Viewer)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Much larger difference between weight of gun and bullet than a regular gun, hence less recoil as it absorbs more of the force... simple physics really. Not to say it doesn't have a large amount of recoil but is possible for a short amount of time without a tripod. I can't imagine it would ever be useful for anything besides looking cool in movies though.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
When i was in high school, a few guys including me were a bit obsessed with this gun. It was in all the action games, appeared in movies such as The matrix, Terminator 2, Predator, ...

Our english teacher was i think its called "a reservist ?" (those guys who arent actively in the army, but still have frequent trainings and can be called into action when neccecary). He's also a gun collector.

When asked if there was body armor that could stop such rounds (we were ~15), he replied it had the impact of a jackhammer, so even if you carried enough plate, you'd be crushed cause of the massive force.

however, then he proceeded to say that the movies we saw are realistic, cause that thing weights a ton and cannot be shot from the hip with a belt.

For the sake of fantasy, i'd however love to hear he was wrong tho :tongue:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
ßöмßäяðîëя;4564313 said:
The weight of the weapon would make the recoil manageable, the issue is the weight.

The backpack alone would be about 200kg.

That's some sort of mockup.
Something for the age of exoskeletons i recon in that case :-/

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
They will probably man portable DEW (directed energy weapons) or railguns by the time exoskeletons are in use on the front lines.

speaking of exoskeleton

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm sceptical about railguns.

I'm convinced they'll find a way to store the neccecary huge amount of energy in an efficient way

however, i cant see how they'll overcome the huge recoil in a portable version

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
True, though they will be use in on ships probably within 10-15 years. Probably before 10 years for experimental/testing.

They may be like a Javelin or big .50 cal sniper rifle or something if they do become portable.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/01/10/future-destroyers-likely-to-fire-lasers-rail-guns.html?ESRC=todayinmil.sm

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #132
    @Kyle, I've done some upgrades to the upper on my M4, thought you might be interested....

Let me get ze kamera out.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so I took my stock M16A1 Carbine, which became the M4, and did this to it:

Replaced full upper with an HBAR modern M4 flat-top upper, with custom iron sights courtesy of MI, then ripped the hand rest off and put the Magpul MOE hand guard and heat guard on, then ripped off the birdcage and slipped on a nasty Primary Weapon Systems Compensator on the muzzle.

Finishing off the mods are the Magpul MOE handgrip and Battery Assistance Device.

Attachments

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    oh damn bruke that is hot :tuttosport: the upper receiver RIS, extended mag(?), and that flash suppressor :tuttosport:

What exactly does the battery assistance device on the bolt do? what about that crazy flash suppressor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)