The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (5 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
It's funny how, during the summer & late last season, I kept reading that our new coach, whoever that would end up being, would surely be better than Ranieri. According to a lot of people, there was just no way we could do worse.

Later, most of those opinions obviously changed, thanks to Ferrara's achievements. Surely, there was no way our new coach could do any worse than Ferrara? Wrong again.

Ferrara won 48% of our games.
Zac has won us 38% of our games.
Ferrara coached more games though

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
What difference does that make when you're talking percentages?
i don't know.

zac is not all that better han ferrara sure, but no way is he worse. there was no way he was going to salave our season anyway. the team was way fucked up by the time he took over, and i don't think any other coach would have had much luck with this team.

manamgent should have fired ferrara either before the bayern game, or right after.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Besides, you shouldn't discount the morale factor. By the time Zac came we were all but deep in depression already, he's just been maintaining that standard.
But wouldn't you agree that, at first, every player would want to impress Zac? That would go a long way in cancelling the morale factor.

i don't know.

zac is not all that better han ferrara sure, but no way is he worse. there was no way he was going to salave our season anyway. the team was way fucked up by the time he took over, and i don't think any other coach would have had much luck with this team.

manamgent should have fired ferrara either before the bayern game, or right after.
All I'm saying is that, so far, Zac's results are worse than those of Ferrara.
So I definitely not agree that Zac is the better manager of the two.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
But wouldn't you agree that, at first, every player would want to impress Zac? That would go a long way in cancelling the morale factor.
Well, it means that he doesn't have the skills to turn the morale around. But the point is that if you had started him out at the beginning of the season when everything was looking promising then he would have done better than 38%. So you can't liberally compared 38% and 48%, they are suspect to timing constraints.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well, it means that he doesn't have the skills to turn the morale around. But the point is that if you had started him out at the beginning of the season when everything was looking promising then he would have done better than 38%. So you can't liberally compared 38% and 48%, they are suspect to timing constraints.
I do not agree with that, but it's not worth arguing about, since there is absolutely no way of ever knowing that.

How's the Dutch going?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I do not agree with that, but it's not worth arguing about, since there is absolutely no way of ever knowing that.

How's the Dutch going?
Nice of you to ask. Was running around town looking for apartments lately, which gave me lots of time to listen to my language tapes. Got myself a Dutch overdose, taking a break from it now.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I was against this guy from the very start but than I was getting only the famous :"GIVE HIM SOME TIME!" We gave him some time he screwed and what now?

The guys is really out of the space and I really don't understand this board appointing him.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Ciro Balboa record: 31 games, 15 wins, 5 draws, 11 defeats. 1.61 pts per game ratio.

Weird Al Yankeroni: 13 games, 5 wins, 4 draws, 4 defeats. 1.46 pts per game ratio.

:scared:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)