The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (5 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
He got it right tonight, apart from starting Brazzo. If he wanted...., well whatever reason he fielded Brazzo for, he could've started with De Ceglie instead. Brazzo can't make the runs like he used to, PDC would've been more useful and would've added more movement to that mid-3.

Subs were good, but we took our foot off the pedal a bit too soon for my liking, we could've decided the game.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
football italia said:
Alberto Zaccheroni knew Juventus had to build a nest-egg against Fulham and was “disappointed the result wasn’t bigger.”

The Bianconeri won 3-1 in Turin for the first leg of their Europa League clash in a bid for the quarter-finals.

We had to put a great deal of effort into this match with an eye to the second leg at Craven Cottage,” said the Coach.

Fulham have built their success on home turf this season, so we knew it was important to get a good lead.

Nicola Legrottaglie and Jonathan Zebina gave Juve an early lead, then David Trezeguet struck after Dickson Etuhu’s lucky ricochet.

Considering the way my team played, I was disappointed the result wasn’t bigger. We will go to London next week to face an unpredictable side.

Juventus seem to have rediscovered their form after a few hiccups, notching up back-to-back wins over Fiorentina and Fulham.

The most important thing for me is to see the unity of the team, so that they attack and defend all together. I can see that now.

There is time to go through the details, but the players are working hard and we’re on the right track.”
zacch on the game

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
What he said makes sense, though it really seems we entered the pitch with a somewhat different attitude in the second half. It looked more like we were alright with the 3-1, instead of us hunting for more goals.

Anyway, what he says is right, we do improve slightly game by game, starting to become bit more of a team.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Very good tactical game from him.

He doesn't seem to have favorites. He played DC and Marchisio quite a bit, despite the names of Grosso and others. Let's see what happens when Gio returns, but I have a feeling he'll give him a chance too.

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
The problem with the second half was that Fulham did not allow us time and space to dictate the tempo. That is our achilles heal. When teams press us hard, we suffer. We are not yet confident enough to move the ball quickly and accurately under pressure. But on the whole, I can't say that i'm unhappy. It is in fact a relief that the loss to Palermo did not send us on a downward spiral like losses used to do under Ranieri and Ferrara.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Fuck, fuck, fuck. He's told Tuttosport that the board have tentatively offered him a one-year contract for next season. *DIES*
I read the interview (parts of it at least). Seemed to me like he was beating arount the bush. But yeah, Juve might have given him the option to extend for 1 more year if things turn out good.

Should make the Moggi crowd happy though, since Moggi was convinced that Zac should stay.
Then again, if Zac does end up staying, I expect Moggi to change his opinion :D

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
What did he have to say after Siena?
Zac: 'Never seen a game like it!' Sunday 14 March, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Zaccheroni admits “I have never seen a game like it” after Juventus went from 3-0 after 10 minutes to 3-3 against Siena.

“I have never seen a game like it,” shrugged the startled Coach at the end of this six-goal thriller.

Alessandro Del Piero's brace and Antonio Candreva seemed to have it under lock and key, but Siena staged a second-half comeback.

“We had the right approach to the game and immediately scored three goals with good football and fast moves.

“Then we conceded one because of our mistake and the reaction that followed absolutely needs to be different.

“We are a great side when we are in the game, but the moment we lose focus absolutely anything can happen.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)