The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (3 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
its indeed interesting that moggi did not yet say much about zacch and i may be blinded as i am the ranieri-lover but i did not read players speaking remotely that bad of ranieri than right now about ferrara .... links appreciated
Moggi considered zacch a bad choise. We needed someone who bring joy and who can be dynamic.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I still don't think we play good football
we have the points now but the play itself isn't that much better under Zach
I think it would be a big mistake to give him a longer contract although I realise it isn't easy to change all when you enter in the middle of a season but anyhow, I'm not convinced

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Ferrara's Juve won over Mourinho's Inter, does that mean Ferrara better than Mourinho ?
No, because by losing all the other matches it was proven that the Inter win was a fluke and here the "It was the players, not the coach", which was used after every single Ranieri win against a big, mid-table or minor team, applies.

Anyway, M.G said something about Prandelli's record against Milan, Inter, Roma and Juventus.... I checked it and it's true. He won only 4 of Fiorentina's 39 matches against Inter, Milan, Juve and Roma. His record is 4-13-22 (35:61). That's a shockingly weak 1/10 success rate.

In his coaching career he won 10 of the 81 matches against the top 4 teams. His record is especially weak against Juve and Roma. He played Juve 22 times in his career and he beat us only twice. Against Roma he won only 2 of the 20 matches.
He's a little better against Milan (3 wins on 19 matches) and Inter (3 wins on 20 matches).

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
so we can forget the "forza prandelli" thing, because lets just say it should have benn possible for him to outwit roma or juve with their recent problems and coaches

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
No, because by losing all the other matches it was proven that the Inter win was a fluke and here the "It was the players, not the coach", which was used after every single Ranieri win against a big, mid-table or minor team, applies.

Anyway, M.G said something about Prandelli's record against Milan, Inter, Roma and Juventus.... I checked it and it's true. He won only 4 of Fiorentina's 39 matches against Inter, Milan, Juve and Roma. His record is 4-13-22 (35:61). That's a shockingly weak 1/10 success rate.

In his coaching career he won 10 of the 81 matches against the top 4 teams. His record is especially weak against Juve and Roma. He played Juve 22 times in his career and he beat us only twice. Against Roma he won only 2 of the 20 matches.
He's a little better against Milan (3 wins on 19 matches) and Inter (3 wins on 20 matches).
Just keep in mind that he coaches damn Viola not a team with money and players capable of turning around games. Just take a look of how many good quality players he have and how many of those he made himself and how many he rebuilt from almost scratch. He doesn't have a good backup ready for him anytime he calls. And thats the reason why he fucked up this season to book a 4th place. Yet he survived more than we did in the CL with some kick-ass performances over Lyon once and two consecutive wins over Pool just to qualify on top of the group. if that doesn't impress you already, look at the Bayern game. He motivated his players to play their game while our game at the Alians Arena was an embarrassing one where even Diego had to return and defend a one-on-one situation.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Playing "good football" shouldn't be a priority at the moment IMO.
and how long will you keep saying that?
all Juve-games these days have one thing in common, people fall asleep watching them
seems to me that the 'luck' we are having these days won't take us very long
we never win any games because we were so much better
we never outplay anyone these days and that won't last unless we find a way to up our level drastically
I read some reports here about our Fiorentina game and it seemed we did great but I saw the game and the only positive was the result
maybe I'm still comparing to the 'old' Juve but I feel that should be the standard for any Juve team
and this team and coach just don't cut it for me

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Is there any chance that by "old Juve" you mean the Capello one?
no, not really
I mean the Juve that already gave the opponent shivers before the game even started
the Juve that dominated and controlled games
Trap, Lippi, Capello...
there Juve always had that in common
we had an aura of invicibillity and the players showed that
maybe that will take years to regain but it won't happen with this coach
these days we jump for joy if and when we win a game
doesn't matter how we did it
Juve always had something of a class act, grandeur if you will
but now the old lady looks her age, not really flattering

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

I just posted similar stats in the Future Coach thread. Gasperini's stats are surpisingly good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)