The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (15 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
"Zac or Ferrara? No comparison" Friday 5 March, 2010

Juventus goalkeeper Alex Manninger has come out in support of manager Alberto Zaccheroni, while labelling former boss Ciro Ferrara as 'a gamble'.

It has been a disastrous season so far for the Bianconeri as they were knocked out of the Champions League in the group stages and have a fight on their hands to finish in the top four.

But the former Arsenal 'stopper, who is likely to start in this weekend's clash against rivals Fiorentina, is happy to have such an experienced man back at the helm.

“There's no comparison between Zaccheroni and Ferrara,” said Manninger.

“We're talking of a coach and person who has never coached before.

“Ferrara was a gamble that unfortunately lost. With Zaccheroni, you're playing it safe.

“It has brought security and peace of mind. My team-mates will follow him.”

The 32-year-old has also given his thoughts on the upcoming return ties in the Champions League.

“Who wins between Chelsea and Inter remains to be seen, but for Fiorentina and Milan it will be very difficult,” Manninger added.

“Bayern Munich are perhaps the strongest away from home. Milan need a miracle, even with all their experience.”
-------------------------------

Is Manninger saying that the players never felt secure and never had the peace of mind with Ciro? This does sound like a critic towards Ciro (and the board, for hiring Ciro) and I'm sure Manninger knows much more about what was happening there than all of us do.

Terrible coach Ciro was, terrible. The worst in our history.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Well I think everyone who watched our games under Ciro saw that he had no idea how to coach a football team. Obviously the players saw it too and it resulted in insecurity that could be seen also in individual performances (Melo and Tiago for example). Everyone could see how much better we played right away when Zac took charge. And he's not even a good coach but at least he's a coach.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
"Zac or Ferrara? No comparison" Friday 5 March, 2010

Juventus goalkeeper Alex Manninger has come out in support of manager Alberto Zaccheroni, while labelling former boss Ciro Ferrara as 'a gamble'.

It has been a disastrous season so far for the Bianconeri as they were knocked out of the Champions League in the group stages and have a fight on their hands to finish in the top four.

But the former Arsenal 'stopper, who is likely to start in this weekend's clash against rivals Fiorentina, is happy to have such an experienced man back at the helm.

“There's no comparison between Zaccheroni and Ferrara,” said Manninger.

“We're talking of a coach and person who has never coached before.

“Ferrara was a gamble that unfortunately lost. With Zaccheroni, you're playing it safe.

“It has brought security and peace of mind. My team-mates will follow him.”

The 32-year-old has also given his thoughts on the upcoming return ties in the Champions League.

“Who wins between Chelsea and Inter remains to be seen, but for Fiorentina and Milan it will be very difficult,” Manninger added.

“Bayern Munich are perhaps the strongest away from home. Milan need a miracle, even with all their experience.”
-------------------------------

Is Manninger saying that the players never felt secure and never had the peace of mind with Ciro? This does sound like a critic towards Ciro (and the board, for hiring Ciro) and I'm sure Manninger knows much more about what was happening there than all of us do.

Looks like it.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007

I love how in one sentence you point out that we know very little about what has happened, only to pass a judgement in the following one.

I myself restrain from judging Ciro, we have very little idea about what has been happening at the club and most of us are still disgusted by this season, which most likely influences our view of things.

EDIT: And regarding Manninger, I would prefer if our players focused more on bouncing back from our loss to Palermo, rather than commenting managers. I'm not saying that Ferrara doesn't deserve the bashing, but a) the players should show some class, and b) they really seem to be talking to the media a bit too much this season, and I'd rather if they did their talking on the pitch.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I love how in one sentence you point out that we know very little about what has happened, only to pass a judgement in the following one.
:shifty:

1. I know absolutely nothing what was happening off the pitch.
2. I know very well what was happening on the pitch.

On the pitch, Ciro was the worst coach I've seen coaching Juve. Now someone who knows what was happening off the pitch is implying how Ciro was awful there too.

1+1 is always 2.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
:shifty:

1. I know absolutely nothing what was happening off the pitch.
2. I know very well what was happening on the pitch.

On the pitch, Ciro was the worst coach I've seen coaching Juve. Now someone who knows what was happening off the pitch is implying how Ciro was awful there too.

1+1 is always 2.[
It could also be 10.

Yes, on the pitch, it seemed Ciro was the worst, I'll give you that. But, the mere fact that players are bitching about their former manager indicates, at least to me, that there is something very different in the dressing room, as our players haven't done that thing for years. If I recall correctly, some players also said some not very favorable words about Ranieri, correct me if I'm wrong. The off the pitch Juve is different from the one we were used to. I just want you to consider the possibilty, that to some extent, things off the pitch influence the team on the pitch (and of course, vice-versa). I'm not saying that Ciro is a good coach. All I'm saying is that it doesn't really matter that much to me, as there seem to be much bigger problems that need to be addressed.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
ferrara had total support from the players till the match with bayern..after that, the lockeroom started to divide (you can see diego's expression when olic scored)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
It could also be 10.

Yes, on the pitch, it seemed Ciro was the worst, I'll give you that. But, the mere fact that players are bitching about their former manager indicates, at least to me, that there is something very different in the dressing room, as our players haven't done that thing for years. If I recall correctly, some players also said some not very favorable words about Ranieri, correct me if I'm wrong. The off the pitch Juve is different from the one we were used to. I just want you to consider the possibilty, that to some extent, things off the pitch influence the team on the pitch (and of course, vice-versa). I'm not saying that Ciro is a good coach. All I'm saying is that it doesn't really matter that much to me, as there seem to be much bigger problems that need to be addressed.
Got to agree with you, Ferrara was bad but i really think its the directors that made it "so much worse". The whole atmosphere in this club have changed with those people. Players coming out saying stuff like that about their former coaches (ranieri and now ferrara) i personaly never really saw any of that for the past 20 years.

Its easy to throw everything on Ferrara and blame him. But what about last season when we had a really terrible results/performance toward the end of the season. Is it because ranieri was an inexperienced coach or it was more of an indication that things are not right in this club ?!

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
its indeed interesting that moggi did not yet say much about zacch and i may be blinded as i am the ranieri-lover but i did not read players speaking remotely that bad of ranieri than right now about ferrara .... links appreciated

Sep 1, 2002
Fact of the matter is that Moggi is and has been-mostly-correct in all he has said, the facts and history back him up.

As soon as Agnelli was no longer able to protect them, his enemies could do the dirty and Juventus were shafted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)