The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (8 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I think our best weapons are Melo, Marchisio and Sissoko. Problem is, they dont fit in with the rest of the team or vice versa. These guys are great if we could play counterattack effeciently. If we had two great wingers flanking a striker, they'd be at their best. Three attackers that can attack the space. Then again, who would get the balls to the attackers/wingers? So I reckon it could work if we had wingers that could pick the ball up. I still say we should try Giovinco and Diego on opposite wings as 'false-wingers' in a 4-3-3.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,222
    They look great on the paper but even with better, much better fullbacks it wouldn't shine probably. It's a sad thing we lack a regista for about 3 years if not even longer.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,224
    Hence we need the width upfront, the fullbacks wouldn't need to expose themselves as much offensively down the flanks.
    It's not just that. You'd need somebody to step on the ball and wait for the others to open and go up front, we don't have anyone who can do that. Marchisio is closest to that role but he still needs much better technique, vision and passing. They all seem to rush forward and lose ball very often. A deep lying playmaker like Pizarro would add much more than good fullbacks and Giovinco/Diego on the wings IMO.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    I've been calling for a regista for ages, but i'm talking about a tactic for this season :p. Besides getting a regista would mean benching one of these monsters.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,226
    Oh, I though we're already stepping into new season. :D

I think we should really try Diego on the wing. I wonder if he'd do good there but it's a low chance we'll do so. Coaches aren't really fond of fielding Giovinco as well.

But if he gives Diego - Gio a go that means bench time for Del Piero. Kinda hard to do that when he can still secure us points on his own.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I think our best weapons are Melo, Marchisio and Sissoko. Problem is, they dont fit in with the rest of the team or vice versa. These guys are great if we could play counterattack effeciently. If we had two great wingers flanking a striker, they'd be at their best. Three attackers that can attack the space. Then again, who would get the balls to the attackers/wingers? So I reckon it could work if we had wingers that could pick the ball up. I still say we should try Giovinco and Diego on opposite wings as 'false-wingers' in a 4-3-3.
    Why play false wingers in a 4-3-3 when you can play a 4-3-2-1 with Diego and Giovinco in their natural positions?

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,231
    I don't think it would work though, not with our fullbacks. There is no support from the right if Grygera is playing. Maybe if Caceres is there but together with De Ceglie there would be many holes at the back.

And Grosso is a no no.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    The more I think about it.. maybe we shouldve never dropped the 4-2-3-1. We clearly had the best results with it and it solves our width problems, lack of movement and static attack problems. Only trade-off is dropping one of Melo,Sissoko and Marchisio and one of Diego and DP.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,235
    Coaches are not going to bench Del Piero constantly, no matter what, so they won't play that.

And they don't want to try Diego on the wing.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Coaches are not going to bench Del Piero constantly, no matter what, so they won't play that.

And they don't want to try Diego on the wing.
    Del Piero could be used as an impact sub. It would be very good role for him next season I think, it would be stupid to not play some formation more suited for the team because of Del Piero next season, we just have to cut this reliance on him if we want to move forward as a club. We should seriously look into replacing him, imo it would best for the club to do this.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    we can not request such a decision from a caretaker... he has too much to loose (in terms of achieving the set goals)
    I'm mostly talking about next season, because as much as Alex is/was great it would pain me to see him as our saviour next season. Not because i'm a hater, but because a top club shouldn't rely on a 36 year old. We need to look to future, and sadly Del Piero isn't part of it and if we still try to make him our main weapon we will lose yet another year without change.

At this stage where he can still play good football it would be perfect to look for a replacement, becasue he could mentor, could start some games, could give some games to our future players. But with the things run like now we will come to the stage where he will retire and we will have no one to replace him, no one who would have some games under his belt to be able to produce goods.

Yeah thats all good and stuff to see a legend play and all, but we should look for Juventus benifit.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    The more I think about it.. maybe we shouldve never dropped the 4-2-3-1. We clearly had the best results with it and it solves our width problems, lack of movement and static attack problems. Only trade-off is dropping one of Melo,Sissoko and Marchisio and one of Diego and DP.
    Thats a bingo!

I agree with your earlier post. For me Melo, Marchi and Mommo should be the ones starting because I see a midfield with him being solid while providing options in attack. I don't see the lack of a regista when we have those three employed with the right players around as a problem. Its only the lack of width.

Whats been happening with the 4-3-1-2 is that, since we don't have good full backs our midfield players have been drifting wide to provide the width, thus leaving the middle exposed and there is no linkage because they are so far. The main point about this is system is that the full back and the forwards are the ones providing the width not the midfielders. Chelsea employ it perfectly, and show that its not only the full backs but also anelka and drogba that drift wide.

I like the idea of a pseudo winger for Diego, but we will need at least caceras there to provide the width.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)