The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (7 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
so you are upset becuase for 2 games in 3 years we go some 50-50% ref calls comes our way. how about the games we go the injustice in ? we lost some points of these mistakes while others benfited from them. 3 points is what matter in this time even if it came with a non-existing penalty
What!!? We were talking about our performances and I said that without these mistakes by the refs we wouldn't have had 3 in a row right now. We haven't been playing good and we got pretty owned by Ajax and Bologna.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Juventus boss Alberto Zaccheroni has defended the way Paolo Tagliavento refereed Saturday's match between Inter and Sampdoria at San Siro.

Tagliavento sent off Walter Samuel and Ivan Cordoba midway through the first half, leaving Inter boss Jose Mourinho absolutely furious.

The crowd at San Siro wielded white handkerchiefs while Mourinho gestured as if he were handcuffed.

Inter called a Press silence immediately after the game, sparking controversy in Italy.

Speaking to Radio Anch'io Sport, Zaccheroni said: “Poor Tagliavento. Let's play it down. We cannot play without the referee: we have to help him.

“Saturday night's game didn't seem like a football match, it was something else. The replay has shown that the referee was right on every incident.

“Coaches with common sense aren't in fashion now. We must play things down if we want to live together. We have to respect each other's roles.”

Zaccheroni then reflected on Juventus's 2-1 victory over Bologna on Sunday, reserving special praise for Diego and Alessandro Del Piero.

“Diego has to get used to the Italian League. He is an extraordinary trequartista. Alessandro is the captain who takes the team in hand. He still seems like a little boy to me. He shows total application.

“I don't know how long this wonderful period of his can last: from what I see in training, I believe a while to come yet.

“We are on the right track, but Juventus's convalescence is not absolutely over. We still haven't consolidated anything. We play every three days. I haven't yet had the time to go into particulars.”

FT
------
Forza Zacc

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Juventus boss Alberto Zaccheroni believes his side still needs to improve after three consecutive wins in all competitions.

The Bianconeri face Ajax in the Europa League tomorrow night and hope to go through to the next round.

Speaking to Juventus.com, Zaccheroni said: “It's a knock out competition and we obviously want to be in it, but at the same time we want to grow especially in view of the fact that there are still a lot of hidden dangers and competition for us.

“We have to maintain our compactness and get back to fitness those players who have just returned or are returning from injury. The next month will be the most difficult and in this tour de force we have to equip ourselves to face what lies ahead to the best of our abilities.

“Camoranesi has been back in the squad for a little while, but he has still not played entire games. Right now, he hasn't even played 45 minutes, so I have to evaluate many aspects well. They are not tied to a single player.

“In any case I have seen him do very well in training. Buffon has a problem with his right leg and we are running tests. I believe and I hope that it is nothing bad. Today we will also verify the conditions of Caceres, Trezeguet and Giovinco.

“If I call them up against Ajax it will be because they might take part in the game tomorrow.”

Asked about this weekend's important match against Palermo in Serie A, Zaccheroni said: “The greatest risk is linked to the qualities of the opponent's team and I don't believe that my players can allow themselves to let their guard down.

“The risk comes from not managing to get the players' attention, but if they manage to pay attention and show total openness like they have been doing then I am calm.

“There are three months until the end of the season and I believe that it's right to face the moment living day-by-day, game by game, focusing on the growth of the collective and the general condition of the team.”

Finally Zaccheroni gave his thoughts ahead of this evening's clash between Chelsea and Inter.

“I always support the Italian teams. Rivalry on the pitch is another thing entirely, but I believe it's only right to strongly support the Italian teams, even if on the other side there is a friend like Carlo Ancelotti.

“I hope he wins the Premier League,” Zaccheroni concluded.

FT

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I think he should have entered Camo and Candreva both at least 5-10 minutes earlier in the game. But he did a clean job tonight overall.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Alberto Zaccheroni explains Juventus had a clear tactic in mind against Ajax and “the important thing was not to win, but to qualify.”

Tonight’s 0-0 draw in Turin proved enough to secure passage to the quarter-final, where they will face Fulham, thanks to the 2-1 away victory in the first leg.

“This evening the important thing was not to win, but to qualify, and we succeeded,” said the Coach.

“We tried to score in the first half and forced two or three goalline clearances. After the break with the result still 0-0, I preferred to take home the result and hope for a counter-attack.

“It seemed crucial to me that we locked down for the second half. We had come from many games in which we conceded goals and it was imperative we kept a clean sheet.”

Zac remains unbeaten since taking over from Ciro Ferrara, although this result ends a run of three consecutive victories in all competition.

“I haven’t been here long, what I ask of the team is that they remain tight. The system is relative, we just need to interpret it in the best way.

“Now we can read games in a certain manner and adapt.”

There was some bad news for Juventus, as Amauri limped off clutching the back of his thigh, while Diego was visibly irritated when substituted.

“Amauri has a muscular problem, we’ll evaluate it tomorrow. Obviously we hope it is nothing serious,” continued Zaccheroni.

“I didn’t notice Diego was annoyed, so I might ask him about it. I can understand his emotions, as nobody likes leaving a game, so it won’t be a problem.”

FT
-----
Good no hard feelings Zacc-Diego.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
juve's big fan said:
“We tried to score in the first half and forced two or three goalline clearances. After the break with the result still 0-0, I preferred to take home the result and hope for a counter-attack.
Hope for a counter attack with the players Juve had on the pitch?

Not clever.

If you want to play a counter-attacking game, that's fine. However, you need to have players with some pace high up the pitch.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Hope for a counter attack with the players Juve had on the pitch?

Not clever.

If you want to play a counter-attacking game, that's fine. However, you need to have players with some pace high up the pitch.
if trez had not had his de ceglie chickenhead goggles on, we might have had a chance or two on the break ...

but the interesting thing here is ...

he actually has a plan.

he said he wanted to take the result home from the halftime whistle and said he hoped for our chances when we counter attack.

that is so much of an improvement about someone standing on the line and having no clue what to do, just always telling "we need to pull up our sleeves".

this is really making me happy ... and he tells it in simple words, not like ranieris chameleon which shifts into a tree that kills birds by peeing on them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
if trez had not had his de ceglie chickenhead goggles on, we might have had a chance or two on the break ...

he actually has a plan.

he said he wanted to take the result home from the halftime whistle and said he hoped for our chances when we counter attack.

that is so much of an improvement about someone standing on the line and having no clue what to do, just always telling "we need to pull up our sleeves".

this is really making me happy ... and he tells it in simple words, not like ranieris chameleon which shifts into a tree that kills birds by peeing on them.
Ranieri's metaphors were great. :stuckup:

Having a plan, but not having the players to execute it, is little better than not having a plan.

Juve, with the players on the pitch, should have been looking to hold possession, as a counter attack was never likely.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006

he actually has a plan.

:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)