The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (3 Viewers)

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I must say that I think a little higher of him now, not because he will probably leave in the summer but the way he copes with that is admirable in my opinion
you have got to give him credit for that

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Speaking to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Zac was asked if he felt weak on being given a four-month contract.

No, because the club has been very clear and when it is like that there is never a problem. They have entrusted me with an objective and it's up to me to ensure the team reaches the Champions League. It's not important if we finish third or fourth.

Champions League qualification, this is my mission, even if we don't have a favourable fixture list in front of us with four away games coming up. But it's also true that my teams have never made a distinction between playing at home and away.

I don't know what the directors have in mind if I realise the objective. Anyway I don't expect anything. At the end of the season everyone will make their own judgements and then we'll be friends like before.

“My contract expires on June 30. But I am behaving as if I were staying here for 20 years and the players treat me as if it were up to me to decide who goes and who stays at the end of the season.

channel4

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I don't know what the directors have in mind if I realise the objective. Anyway I don't expect anything. At the end of the season everyone will make their own judgements and then we'll be friends like before.

I guess that part says it all. Nothing new, he's given a contract till the end of the season and after that its the management to decide either to keep him or not. And that last part is the scary one.

TPSPriceless

Feb 15, 2010
He will have to prove himself, on the pitch, to stay, as Juve manager, beyond these 6 months. I really wouldn't mind, if he can take us out of our recent slumb and compete for the Scudetto next season - he has won it once before, which makes him far more credible than Ranieri.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It doesn't matter a whole lot but we should aim for third. There are some potentially bitchy draws now the qualifying stage is unseeded.
Of course, but I don't think 3rd place is a realistic possibility anyway.

I guess that part says it all. Nothing new, he's given a contract till the end of the season and after that its the management to decide either to keep him or not. And that last part is the scary one.
Or maybe the translation is a bit lacking.

Possibilità di conferma? "Zero, il mio contratto scade il trenta giugno."

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It's not our opponents I'm worried about. It's ourselves.

Honestly, considering our schedule & the way we have been playing, I can see us dropping a lot of points in the coming months. Right now, I do not think we'll make the top 4 come the end of the season. Depressing thought.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
It's not our opponents I'm worried about. It's ourselves.

Honestly, considering our schedule & the way we have been playing, I can see us dropping a lot of points in the coming months. Right now, I do not think we'll make the top 4 come the end of the season. Depressing thought.
I assumed that we'll have a good run from now on ;)

But, you are right... we have a tough schedule ahead...a very tough one indeed

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
man dont be so negative ... you read the EXACT ITALIAN QUOTE where there is NO CHANCE for him being coach next season, yet just to have something to cry about you take some TRANSLATION just have a reason (which you don't) to be bothered.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
man dont be so negative ... you read the EXACT ITALIAN QUOTE where there is NO CHANCE for him being coach next season, yet just to have something to cry about you take some TRANSLATION just have a reason (which you don't) to be bothered.
Maybe because i can't read " ITALIAN" thats why i've posted that article from that site :beer:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
ok mate....

you are forgiven :p

so heads up ... the translation is not exact and he really said that there is no (zero) chance he will be re-affirmed as coach

TPSPriceless

Feb 15, 2010
ok mate....

you are forgiven :p

so heads up ... the translation is not exact and he really said that there is no (zero) chance he will be re-affirmed as coach
Never say never, if he wins us the league or humilates Inter 3-0, then he would, most probably, stay. Either way we really need a coach who can play mind games. I would love Rijkaard for next season, although he is the quiet type...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Never say never, if he wins us the league or humilates Inter 3-0, then he would, most probably, stay.
which won't happen

Either way we really need a coach who can play mind games. I would love Rijkaard for next season, although he is the quiet type...
hrm, you never know... never saw Zaccheroni play this

Salvatore Schillaci :“I think Zaccheroni will do better than Ferrara did, also because it’s practically impossible to do worse…”

ha ha ha, had a great laugh reading this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)