The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (2 Viewers)

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
Don't dis the man now. We just won our second match in a row in a VERY long time. And it is not like we played that bad. We never played like Ajax did today that just isn't our style. A fair result would be a draw but we got a win, under Ferrara we would have lost big time.

Untill he is getting the results he should be respected. We all wanted Ranieri out last year, but how did that turn out. Give him some time and respect he won a scudetto afterall

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Untill he is getting the results he should be respected. We all wanted Ranieri out last year, but how did that turn out. Give him some time and respect he won a scudetto afterall
Man how overrated this statement is, i'd give more credit to berlousconi for that title than zacch.

Anyhow no one is disrespecting the guy, we could've easily lost ajax game, thanks to lady luck for being on our side tonight.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Positives:

- No 3 man defenders
- Playing Alex on the left knowing their weak side (Alex gave them hell).
- He knows Amauri is a shit head and only scores if the ball is in the air so he told him keep facing the goal and see less of the ball.
- Starting DC ahead of :gsol: world class :gsol: Grosso!
- Zac saw that when Juve were attacking, they left themselves wide open for Ajax's speed on the counter attack so he made the necessary changes.
- Realising that Zebina is a douche.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Even if he's not the ideal coach for us for the future, he is doing a fine job till now. Still unbeaten.

Get us a CL spot, take us far in the Europa League and then leave.

reggaeboy

É la erede al trono!!!
Sep 8, 2003
Experienced my ass. The Amauri sub made absolutely no sense, even by cowardly Italian standards.
He subbed Amauri because he had picked up a knock..Amauri said so himself in the post match interviews but added that the injury wasnt too serious. He couldnt play Trez so early because he lack match fitness and gio is a different type of player that affects the movement of the team entirely differently...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Experienced my ass. The Amauri sub made absolutely no sense, even by cowardly Italian standards.
if it did not make any sense ... why the hell did martin jol not exploit this nonsense tactic and let ajax win ?

he gave amauri a bit of a rest and thats ok for me ... its not like he was involved that much anyways when he took him off, so he brought some fresh legs to defend.

shut the fuck up, while we are gaining results...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
:lol:

Amauri had a knock against Genoa as well, so if he was feeling a knock it was better we don't risk him. Trez is back, but won't be up to speed for 2-3 games, Amauri is vital right now.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Come on people, Ciro had won his few first games in even better style, and his subs and formations weren't THAT dumb. We needed a change, any possible change, and it works by now as it could be expected. But we've made the worst possible change signing proven loser like Zac, so don't be surprised if his honeymoon will be even shorter. From what I've seen so far, Zac has what it takes to be even worse than Ciro, if only given the same time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Come on people, Ciro had won his few first games in even better style, and his subs and formations weren't THAT dumb. We needed a change, any possible change, and it works by now as it could be expected. But we've made the worst possible change signing proven loser like Zac, so don't be surprised if his honeymoon will be even shorter. From what I've seen so far, Zac has what it takes to be even worse than Ciro, if only given the same time.
I agree wholeheartedly. My thoughts exactly. Pretty soon some of these decisions will backfire.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
if it did not make any sense ... why the hell did martin jol not exploit this nonsense tactic and let ajax win ?

he gave amauri a bit of a rest and thats ok for me ... its not like he was involved that much anyways when he took him off, so he brought some fresh legs to defend.

shut the fuck up, while we are gaining results...
Shut the fuck up? :lol: How constructive...

As for gaining results, I look at the performance, and if you think these types of performances will get us results over the long run, you're sorely mistaken. We played very poor football and a marginally better team would have made us pay on numerous occassions.

He wanted to defend the lead, fine, I can understand that, but there are wiser tactical moves he could have made.

After that sub, all we did was continually clear the ball back to the other team (which we did all game to a lesser degree).

We let them throw the kitchen sink at us and hoped to not concede, letting them take shots and send numerous crosses in. The smaller amount of chances we let them create, the less likely they will score, and you achieve that by continuing to play football which we stopped doing for the last 20 minutes.

It's not as if our ability to shut down games has proven itself this season, as we have conceded a lot of late goals. A smart team would have passed the ball around to waste time and kill the tempo instead of filling our half with bodies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Shut the fuck up? :lol: How constructive...

As for gaining results, I look at the performance, and if you think these types of performances will get us results over the long run, you're sorely mistaken. We played very poor football and a marginally better team would have made us pay on numerous occassions.

He wanted to defend the lead, fine, I can understand that, but there are wiser tactical moves he could have made.

After that sub, all we did was continually clear the ball back to the other team (which we did all game to a lesser degree).

We let them throw the kitchen sink at us and hoped to not concede, letting them take shots and send numerous crosses in. The smaller amount of chances we let them create, the less likely they will score, and you achieve that by continuing to play football which we stopped doing for the last 20 minutes.

It's not as if our ability to shut down games has proven itself this season, as we have conceded a lot of late goals. A smart team would have passed the ball around to waste time and kill the tempo instead of filling our half with bodies.
Totally spot on. We can't expect to keep getting results playing such poor football. Del Piero can't always save us out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)