The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (5 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Sure Criscito or Dossena.
But not the best options in my opinion.
Dossena has been doing ok at Napoli I think? I'm not too sure, haven't really payed much attention to him.

PDC simply never really showed he's a good LB, as he barely ever plays, and when he plays he plays as some sort of winger.

I don't think he's on Lippi's list for LBs, and he's not talented enough to be in the squad as a midfielder.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
For final act, Luciano Bruni once again trusts to most part of the team which played the whole tournament. Compared to the semifinal with Atalanta, captain Marrone is back. With Secco, Castagnini and Pessotto watching from the stands, on the pitch a team with Pinsoglio goalkeeper, back guard with Bamba and Crivello on sides, De Paola and Alcibiade in the middle. In front of the defense, the dam by Marrone and Giandonato. The trio Esposito, Yago and Belcastro confirmed at Ciro Immobile back.

if the youth team is playing 4-2-3-1 why the hell isn't the first team?
:andy2:

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
:tup:

Ah I forgot about Santon. Italy have 2 decent young LBs in Santon and Criscito, but he's gonna stick with Grosso I'm sure.
I wouldn't be so sure. I think Grosso will definitely be at the World Cup but I think Criscito might start ahead of him. It depends on just how bad Grosso is for the rest of the season for us, much like the Cannavaro situation.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I wouldn't be so sure. I think Grosso will definitely be at the World Cup but I think Criscito might start ahead of him. It depends on just how bad Grosso is for the rest of the season for us, much like the Cannavaro situation.
Do you personally rate Criscito higher than Santon? I understand he's more likely to start since he always plays and Santon doesn't, but I'm just wondering.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Do you personally rate Criscito higher than Santon? I understand he's more likely to start since he always plays and Santon doesn't, but I'm just wondering.
It's hard to say. Santon certainly has the potential to be better than Criscito is, but at the moment I think if I was Lippi I'd rather have Criscito in my team.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
:tup:

Criscito often performs alright, but he often looks a bit 'weak' physically, but maybe that's just his appearance. I still have my doubts about him for some reason, not fully convinced. I admit I haven't seen that many Genoa matches lately though.

I agree Santon will most likely become a better play once he starts regularly.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i have no doubts about grosso traveling to south africa just as pepe will ... sometimes the ways of the lord are .... just rubbish ! even more when lippi's in charge

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Interview with him in today's Gazzetta, small extract:

"Mi hanno affidato un obiettivo, e sta a me far si che la squadra raggiunga la Champions League, non importa se terza o quarta. Possibilità di conferma? Zero, il mio contratto scade il trenta giugno. Però mi comporto come de dovessi restare qui venti anni. E i giocatori mi trattano come se fossi io a fine stagione a decidere chi va o chi resta".

* Objective is reaching CL places, 3rd or 4th doesn't matter.
* There is no chance that he will be our coach next season.
* But he behaves himself like he could stay for 20 years & the players treat him as if he'll decide who stays/leaves come the end of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)