The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (3 Viewers)

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
Maybe, but judging by the way we played for months, I doubt he addressed the problems in training either.

All I heard and saw from Ferrara were stories about ships, about how well we played and how unlucky we were, with an occasional attack on the linesmen. On the pitch it went from bad to worse.
Yes, but all I'm saying is that what a coach says at a press conference means nothing. It's what's we see during the match that matters. And so far, Zac might be even worse than Ciro.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yes, but all I'm saying is that what a coach says at a press conference means nothing. It's what's we see during the match that matters. And so far, Zac might be even worse than Ciro.
No-one ever was or ever will be worse than Ciro. In 30 years I haven't seen a worse coach than Ferrara.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Anybody who has watched Serie A over the years would say no to this guy.

Blanc is obviously not one of those folks.
I actually started following Serie A and Juventus in 97/98 and 98/99 when he was :gsol: successful :gsol: Yet, I always disliked his stupid football.

Damn you BLANK. Damn you. Couldn't you think for one second and brought Sven G. Eriksson at least (If you really wanted some Serie A experience).

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
No-one ever was or ever will be worse than Ciro. In 30 years I haven't seen a worse coach than Ferrara.
At least Ciro played the formation that made the most sense, but he got the tactics wrong and made some weird substitutions.

Zac's tactics have been questionable so far, his subs are the same as Ciro's, and the 3-4-1-2 was simply a brain fart. He might not be as bad as Ciro yet, but he's sure headed in the right direction.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i can only say it again JUST PLAY GIOVINCO
by moving the ball around he surely did NOT mean "to take the ball and dribble with it" like giovinco would have done.

you see the small picture that you want some single player could have helped, while the coach thinks about making everybody move and play the ball on better.

it's pretty simple minded, to think a problem of a whole team could be fixed by introducing a single player ... further more there you got your love for del piero .... would del piero not have this god-like status you could bet your ass off we would have rather seen giovinco or another in form striker than him.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Next game we'll be playing something like this.

Buffon

Zebina - Legro - Chiellini - Grosso

Caceres - Sissoko - Candreva - De Ceglie

Diego

Amauri

6 defenders, woho..

mondo1

May 14, 2006
by moving the ball around he surely did NOT mean "to take the ball and dribble with it" like giovinco would have done.

you see the small picture that you want some single player could have helped, while the coach thinks about making everybody move and play the ball on better.

it's pretty simple minded, to think a problem of a whole team could be fixed by introducing a single player ... further more there you got your love for del piero .... would del piero not have this god-like status you could bet your ass off we would have rather seen giovinco or another in form striker than him.
u should have realised by now that none of our players actually CAN PASS....
players like melo and sissoko just can not pass a single ball even if their lives depends on in.... gio/camo/diego and dp are our only players to create something with the ball.
and gio is not just dribbling around don't make him look like nani or so... he can pass the ball around and find that whole in a defence for a deadly pass.
and i am not thinking that gio will solve all our fucking problems but what is the point to have such a talented player (and you can not argue his talent away) sitting on the bench when he actually can help the team...cause we are missing some one like him...passing or even dribbling around a defender and open space.
so that is not simple minded he and a fit camo can rip any defence apart and open space for our strikers thats a fact thats how football work... if u think that is simple minded than go on an watch us play with 7 defender making long balls to amauri...but maybe that's just simple minded.....
and what about my love for dp? he may not have been on top this season but than again u never know what he can create... people wanna tell me that he is past it...but who was our main threat in the last seasons?.... it was dp... and thats a fact.
i'm clearly against playing him if he is out of form or let him stay for 90min every week. but gio should play on the wings and not as a support striker if u ask me...
oh and who is our inform striker?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Fixed. Candreva was waaaay too offensive.
Thats modern football for you according to Serie A. In the rest of the world, they usually play with one defensive, hard working midfielder. In our team these last years its too offensive if it isn't at least 3 defensive midfielders.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Formation isn't the magic bullet, the problem is the teams attitude as a whole and individual players being overrated.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
At least he saw where the main problems are (unfortunately he didn't address any of them, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he didn't have time). Ferrara never ever said a single word about the problems.
If he was in charge tonight he'd have probably talked about the difference between a battleship and an aircraft carrier.
well said...everything was according to plan and "we will bounce back...we can straighten it up...i won't give up"...i never saw such an unrealistic man..

Lacc

La Formica Atomica
Mar 1, 2009
Zac: 'Midfield is the problem' Saturday 6 February, 2010

Alberto Zaccheroni reiterates “the midfield is the problem” and accepts Juventus face a battle to qualify for Europe.

“We are coming off a negative streak and need to find a way out. It was not an easy game tonight, as Livorno were very determined and are capable of making their opponents play badly,” he said of the 1-1 draw.

Zac adopted the three-man defence for the first time, but conceded with an Antonio Filippini free header.

“We made too many mistakes, are not accustomed to playing this way and the new tactic worked only in part.

“Having said that, this is a rare time in which Juventus have fought back from a goal down, so we saw a good reaction.

“The big worry is that we have giants in defence and allowed one of the shortest players on the pitch to score with a free header. This is something that cannot happen and needs to be addressed.

“We are also slow in moving the ball around, which makes us predictable. The midfield is a problem that this team has had since the start of the season.

“If a move starts badly, it'll end badly. I am confident I will be able to solve it, but not in the space of a few days. Juventus aim to improve and reach the summit at the right moment. We're counting on it.”

Diego came in for particular criticism, as the Brazilian was only effective in short bursts.

“In the second half when Diego started to go wide a bit more and didn't remain rooted to the centre, we became dangerous.

“He should start as a trequartista between the lines and find the space, tying the midfield and strikers together. I expect him to release Amauri and Del Piero. Amauri is forced to play with his back to goal and we need to move the ball around so he can face the target.”

Felipe Melo was sent off in the final minutes for a second bookable offence.

“Melo is a lad who can't bear to lose and always gives everything he's got, which unfortunately means he picks up early cards and they affect the rest of his game.

“It's entirely likely that two weeks ago we would've lost this match. It's worrying that against Lazio and Livorno we left a man alone in front of goal and that is unacceptable.”

Palermo beat Parma 2-1 earlier this evening and therefore leapfrog Juventus in the table, while Sampdoria would do the same if they beat Siena on Sunday.

“The teams who are consistent should all be considered for the Champions League. I see it very even after the top three, so I believe it will go right to the final round,” concluded Zac.

“Some teams are preparing for the final sprint - including us and Fiorentina - so we all have every chance of getting back into that group.”

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Yes, midfield is the problem. Forget about the fact that you've got 35 year-old defenders who can't jump and a waste of flesh as a left back. Another DM would solve everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)