The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (9 Viewers)

Jun 20, 2009
I don't think he has done any thing particularly wrong in this match. We lost because of the unexpected red card, and because we were facing a much better team in their own turf without any fan supporting us.

As always, No reaction from our great coach to anything happening on the pitch.

At first, we were actually better than Inter for the first few minutes with the exception of sissoko, zebina and melo who were being overly rough and 2 of them earned yellow cards. Zebina and melo calmed down yet sissoko was being even more aggressive. At this point the team captain and/or the coach should have told him to calm down to avoid getting a red if not changed him. We all know how that ended.
Knowing Sissoko, I don't think anyone can calm him down. The only option is to sub him out and I think Zac intended to do that by telling Poulsen to warm up. The problem is that Sissoko was red carded before the substitution can be made.

HOWEVER, when we conceded the first goal around the 75th minute, Zach failed to react. He waited for a while just watching us in full defense mode until he finally decided to sub Marchiso to bring on Sali. Here i say WTF?

I dont believe that we could have turned the table on Inter anyway, but replacing marchisio with Sali, with absolutely no change of roles for any single player was severe cowardice and/or stupidity.
The sub of Marchisio is unavoidable because Marchisio was injured. If you paid attention you would have seen Marchisio with a big ice bag and a bandage on his knee. I don't know if the sub was before or after the goal, but if it was made before the goal then replacing Marchi with Sali does make sense. If it was made after the goal then to some extent it was indeed questionable.

[QUOTE = Hist;2450828]

He subbed IQ with Amauri which was correct as IQ obviously lacks fitness and form.
[/QUOTE]

If any I think the most questionable sub would be the one of IQ-Amauri. I know Iaquinta lacks fitness but at least he knows how to run off-the-ball and his presence would pose a threat to Inter's defense.
Amauri this day has lost all of his form and has been really clueless in choosing positions. He was also very naive in marking Maicon in his goal.

Jun 20, 2009
Salihamdzic's substitution made perfect sense when you need to score and you have Camoranesi on the bench, right?

No complaints my ass.
I think Marchi has been injured before the goal and the Sali's sub was meant to fill the hole left by Marchi when the scoreline was still 0-0. It does make sense if the scoreline is 0-0 by that time.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Since Sissoko won't play against Bari, Zaccheroni should really consider starting Luca Marrone. If he does our three man midfield would look something like this:

Marrone-Melo-Marchisio​

Luca Marrone is a central playmaker, that has a tough tackle. IMO this will be a well balance midfield if Marrone performs and of course if he actually plays.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
Since Sissoko won't play against Bari, Zaccheroni should really consider starting Luca Marrone. If he does our three man midfield would look something like this:

Marrone-Melo-Marchisio​

Luca Marrone is a central playmaker, that has a tough tackle. IMO this will be a well balance midfield if Marrone performs and of course if he actually plays.
Why not Poulsen? Would be the simple solution, don't you think?

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Why not Poulsen? Would be the simple solution, don't you think?
My whole point of adding Marrone to the midfield is so he could be in charge of the play making, he did claim that he's a regista type of player. Poulsen is solely a defensive midfielder, and as you know we haven't been getting any good results because of lack of deep play making. If something is not working and we know it's not working, we should try something new. So I hope Zaccheroni takes a chance and considers in starting the youngster or at least have him in mind.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I still don't get it why he insists on playing 2DM+1CM? Not only that, why is he insisting on playing Sissoko and Melo together? Both are poor passers. If he really wanted to play 3 DM/CM it should have been either melo or sissoko + Marchisio + poulsen.
Still this kills our attacking power.

Not only that, orders are given to the players not to attack which has three problems:

1- You loose your attacking power due to lack of support
2- Due to the lack of movement the play becomes predictable
3- Due to the lack of pressure forward you tend to concede both possession and goals.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Zac fears 'psychological collapse' Sunday 18 April, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Zaccheroni is still unhappy with the referee, but his most pressing problem is to “avoid the psychological collapse” of Juventus.

Didn't that happen after the Bayern game?

May 22, 2007
Alberto Zaccheroni is still unhappy with the referee
Stop drawing the attention away from you, what about when you brought on Grygera for Del Piero?

You can just tell that at the end of the season if we don't do well then he'll bring refereeing decisions up.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Zac: 'Juve can still finish fourth'

Alberto Zaccheroni insists Juventus can still qualify for the Champions League. “If we don’t, then I will have failed my objective.” (no shit Sherlock!!! You don't say...)

The Bianconeri welcome Bari to the Olimpico tomorrow afternoon and are in seventh place – six points off Sampdoria in fourth.

“I don’t have a crystal ball and the result doesn’t just depend on us, but I think the team can play its part in the final weeks of the season,” said the Coach.

“Until it becomes mathematically impossible, fourth place is an option and if we don’t qualify then I will have failed my objective. I took this job to take Juve into the Champions League.

“Naturally it is complicated to get there, as it always is for those chasing, but I ask my squad to remain in the mindset for the full 90 minutes so we can pounce on every opportunity.”

Nonetheless, Zac does not regret taking over from the sacked Ciro Ferrara.

“The biggest risk one can run is not to take any risks at all. I think we’d be in a different position right now without the incredible number of injuries that dragged on forever. We also never got the chance to train properly because of the Europa League. (excuses.... excuses! doesn't seem to bother the germans & the spanish!)

“Admittedly you can read disappointment in the players’ faces and the regrets at not having a good position in the table. That’s how it should be, otherwise they wouldn’t belong at Juve.

“People should be careful before criticising some of the big talents who more was expected from this season, as the quality is there and they’ll do very well in future.

“I remain convinced there is a lot of quality in this squad, but to express that they need to be fit both physically and psychologically. That wasn’t always possible.

“The one thing I didn’t take into account when picking up the reins was that we’d continue to lose players to injury every week. It’s not that there were 11 out and the rest were fine. Everyone had problems and were forced to play in less than ideal condition.”

More issues are expected against Bari, as Claudio Marchisio and Amauri are struggling with injury, while Momo Sissoko and Felipe Melo are suspended.

The injury list includes David Trezeguet, Sebastian Giovinco, Zdenek Grygera and Antonio Chimenti.

----------------

from where do we pull these geniuses? :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)