The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (5 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I am confident that Zac will be able to reach the 3rd or 4th spot. But we have to be patient. (Remember that he is just a caretaker and we will have a great coach next season.)
What makes you think we will achieve one of those spots? Have you seen Zach's recrd over the years?

And there is no guarantee we will have a "great" coach next season.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
It's sad, actually. Zaccheroni is actually doing us a favor. It's the Board that needs to fuori dai coglioni. I want no part of clueless fans who cannot recognize this fact.
Indeed. But if you read what Zaccheroni has said about Juve, not very nice things.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think Zaccheroni will do well. IMHO he is the best "available" option. He is definitely better than Gentille. (I saw few matches of the Azzurini while he was the coach. His style was boring and defensive.) Gentille has no experience at club level. So he is a very risky option. Other options (e.g. Laudrup, van Basten, etc.) are also very risky. I am confident that Zac will be able to reach the 3rd or 4th spot. But we have to be patient. (Remember that he is just a caretaker and we will have a great coach next season.)
We can't be patient unfortunately. Our former coach, our position in the standings, our nerves won't let us be patient.

It won't be Zac's fault if we play bad on the next 3,4,5 matches. Things have been fucked up at such a level that even a trio of Lippi, Mourinho and Ferguson won't be able to fix it, but it still won't make us be patient because we know that if we don't get the results asap, we will miss out on the CL next year.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Some good words from zaccheroni from his latest interview, atleast his got a history or professional precense rather than turning up a media circus like his previous two predecessors. Though his previous words certainly didnt go unnoticed. Anyway on the pitch the jury's out.

I guess some of the dislike is from him being an ex milan and inter coach.. quite understandble and you would expect the same from the opposition fans had it been reversed. It kind of reminds me of when ancelotti came to manage us. Of course times have so changed. He comes with some decent pedigree in serie A but his CL exits with milan and inter are notable leading to his sacking and I think on a european level his just not capable.

Its proberly a sense of deja vu for him as in 2004 he has a similar task with inter and he managed to get them in to 4th spot. Whether he can do it again remains to be seen but I feel in europa were so out.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yep, I'm not giving Zaccheroni a chance. We don't have time for chances. He needs to get results now.
What do you think will be a "job well done" by Zaccheroni?
Imo, a top 4 finish will be a good job and a top 3 finish a great job.

Of course, under no condition I want him to stay, no matter how well he does in these 4 months (well, except if he makes us play a champagne football or wins 90% of the remaining matches....but we all know that this won't happen).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Of course, under no condition I want him to stay, no matter how well he does in these 4 months (well, except if he makes us play a champagne football or wins 90% of the remaining matches....but we all know that this won't happen).
I agree entirely. Top 4 finish would be fine. But I don't see it happening.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I agree.

Just pray Juve don't go far in the Europa League in addition to getting a CL place, or Zacccheroni might get the job full time. :D

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Some good words from zaccheroni from his latest interview, atleast his got a history or professional precense rather than turning up a media circus like his previous two predecessors. Though his previous words certainly didnt go unnoticed. Anyway on the pitch the jury's out.

I guess some of the dislike is from him being an ex milan and inter coach.. quite understandble and you would expect the same from the opposition fans had it been reversed. It kind of reminds me of when ancelotti came to manage us. Of course times have so changed. He comes with some decent pedigree in serie A but his CL exits with milan and inter are notable leading to his sacking and I think on a european level his just not capable.

Its proberly a sense of deja vu for him as in 2004 he has a similar task with inter and he managed to get them in to 4th spot. Whether he can do it again remains to be seen but I feel in europa were so out.
I have nothing against Zaccheroni being an X-Milan/Lazio coach. In fact, if I remember correctly he was in charge of the Lazio that beat Inter 4-2 which lead us to win the Scudetto in season 01-02.

What I am afraid of his lack of accomplishment in almost every team he has coached. In fact, if you exclude 99 Scudetto, he has failed to achieve almost all the objectives set by the clubs he coached.

I really hope the players react well with him.

I liked the fact that the first thing he's done is to speak with Del Piero and take his insights into consideration. Its players like Alex who have won before and carried the team during the good and bad times know what is lacking and what is needed to return back to the glory days.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Indeed. But if you read what Zaccheroni has said about Juve, not very nice things.
So did Chiellini when he was being lured from Fiorentina for that matter.

That said, it's not like Juve doesn't deserve some truthful, not-so-nice things to be said. For example:
* The Board is incompetent
* Money was wasted on mediocre players
* The players are playing only to a fraction of their potential right now
* The club is setting new records in futility every other week
* Nobody can pass, nobody runs
* We have only two goals from our forwards since November
* We failed to lure our first 6-7 coaching replacement choices for Ciro
* We waited two months too long to replace Ciro

I mean, how can you complement any team under the circumstances?

The last thing we need is some clown to walk in to tell us that The Project continues to go as planned ... that luck beats determination ... blah blah blah. I want a coach who can step in and start kicking some ass around the the locker room.

If Zac's pre-game pep talk is, "You guys play like a bunch of pussies unworthy of this jersey," Forza Zac.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)