The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (3 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Having Blanc lecture Ferrara on the pains of football is fucking laughable at best.
Seriously. Talk about zero credibility.

Ciro is a nice enough and classy enough guy and all, but he's gotta be thinking, "Yeah, it's kind of like when you and Gigli were tied up 30-love in the final set at the Juventus family picnic last summer."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009

Ciro is a nice enough and classy enough guy and all, but he's gotta be thinking, "Yeah, it's kind of like when you and Gigli were tied up 30-love in the final set at the Juventus family picnic last summer."
Haha perfect. :tup:

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
So did Chiellini when he was being lured from Fiorentina for that matter.

That said, it's not like Juve doesn't deserve some truthful, not-so-nice things to be said. For example:
* The Board is incompetent
* Money was wasted on mediocre players
* The players are playing only to a fraction of their potential right now
* The club is setting new records in futility every other week
* Nobody can pass, nobody runs
* We have only two goals from our forwards since November
* We failed to lure our first 6-7 coaching replacement choices for Ciro
* We waited two months too long to replace Ciro

I mean, how can you complement any team under the circumstances?

The last thing we need is some clown to walk in to tell us that The Project continues to go as planned ... that luck beats determination ... blah blah blah. I want a coach who can step in and start kicking some ass around the the locker room.

If Zac's pre-game pep talk is, "You guys play like a bunch of pussies unworthy of this jersey," Forza Zac.
No disagreement here. But I think you just read the title in that group. :D

This is what he said when we were in serie B:

«La Juve, a Torino città, è come se non esistesse. Non se ne parla. Sarà forse un semplice caso ma io incontro solo persone che si dicono tifosi del Torino e mi chiedono del Toro»

And now he's our coach :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

:lol:

Exactly.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
dont know if this was posted yet, even if it comes from goal.com, its 100% correct-

Calcio Debate: The Juventus Road To Destruction Almost Complete With Alberto Zaccheroni Appointment

Carlo Garganese thought he had seen it all at Juventus since Calciopoli, but the incompetence of the management has just descended to a new low following the decision to appoint Alberto Zaccheroni as interim coach…
By Carlo Garganese
Jan 29, 2010 2:30:00 PM

The demise of Italy’s most successful club is fast becoming a twenty-first century version of the Pied Piper of Hamelin. All the Bianconeri players and fans are being led down a road of destruction by a group of incompetent pipe-playing directors.

With the plague engulfing Turin the Pied Piper’s latest tune, rather than drive away the rats, has instead attracted yet another one. The rat’s name? Alberto Zaccheroni.

While it is true that Juventus had very few coaches to turn to as replacement for Ciro Ferrara, it is astonishing that Jean Claude Blanc, the Elkanns, and all the decision-makers, genuinely believe that Zaccheroni is the saviour.

This is a coach who has been unable to find a job since February 2007 when he was sacked by Torino. The 56-year-old’s spell with the Granata lasted less than half a year. Prior to Torino, Zaccheroni had also been unemployed for two years.

Thus, Juventus are pinning their hopes on a coach who has only been in work for five months of the last five-and-a-half years.

It belies belief, doesn’t it?

Now let’s talk tactics. Zaccheroni’s preferred formation is a 3-4-3, and he champions the use of a trident attack. Take a look at Juventus’ squad. Where are the wide players? Sebastian Giovinco and Mauro Camoranesi can occupy the winger roles, but they are both currently injured. Vincenzo Iaquinta, also a long-term absentee, is a less natural option. Antonio Candreva could perhaps improvise too. In simple terms, the Bianconeri don’t have the squad to suit Zaccheroni’s favourite system.

And what about Diego? The Brazilian can’t play in a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. So unless Zaccheroni employs a 3-4-1-2 as he did with Milan in the latter stages of 1998/99 and uses Diego in the Zvonimir Boban/Leonardo hole, then there will be no room for the trequartista. And if Zaccheroni uses a three man backline, do Juve have enough quality centre backs?

Juventus have changed formation enough this season without Zaccheroni implementing another wacky scheme that the squad don’t even have the players to adapt to.

Most critics will argue that Zaccheroni is a coach of yesterday. On top of the aforementioned ‘five months in five-and-a-half years’, the tactician’s track record over the past 10 years is pretty dire. Despite also coaching Milan, Inter and Lazio, he won no silverware last decade and never came even remotely close. He will be best remembered for the humiliating 5-1 home defeats suffered by Inter and Lazio to Arsenal and Roma respectively.

As Goal.com’s Lazio expert Stefano Federici points out, “He won the Scudetto thanks to some extremely controversial refereeing and has been living in the shadow of his one and only success ever since.”

This one and only success arrived in 1999 when a very ordinary Milan side somehow overhauled a far superior Lazio team to the post in a season when an Alessandro Del Piero-less Juventus were in disarray following the departure of Marcello Lippi.

The days when Zaccheroni was a respected coach are long gone. Indeed, Zac has not been high up in my estimations since his time at Udinese between 1995-98 when the Zebrette played a sparkling brand of football led by the attacking trident of Paolo Poggi, Marcio Amoroso and Oliver Bierhoff. Zac led Udinese to a magnificent third-place finish in 1998, which turned Silvio Berlusconi’s head.

Zaccheroni’s job between now and the end of the season, when he will be replaced by a big name permanent coach such as Rafa Benitez or Marcello Lippi, is to ensure that Juventus finish in the top four and qualify for the Champions League.

Anything less will be a complete disaster, but I am not at all confident that the Meldola-born boss will achieve this objective. Indeed, it wouldn’t surprise me if Zaccheroni is flushed out before the end of the season, and the Pied Pipers of Vinovo lure out another rat.
dont worry guys, once LACKeroni loses four or five in a row, we can do what Bettega wanted to in the first place (but was veroed by BLANK) and bring in Gentile

Then, at the end of the season, we can drop him in favor of fellow loser Rafa Benitez

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
icεmαή;2342155 said:
Carlo Garganese is an idiot.
:agree:

I don't like Zaccheroni, but it seems that he gets criticized only by either a biased like Boban or a mentally retarded like this Garganese.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Or people who don't remember that his record of taking up coaching assignments in mid season actually end up bearing fruit - Lazio and Inter.

4th place is completely possible.And i'm sure we would make it.

17 matches left.4 points different from a CL spot.Seriously.A little less doomsday talk please.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:agree:

I don't like Zaccheroni, but it seems that he gets criticized only by either a biased like Boban or a mentally retarded like this Garganese.
Uhh, I like Boban but I don't really read what Garganese has to write, yet I can't stand Zaccheroni.

It doesn't have anything to do with anything else but his exploits as a manager.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Why even post that fucking drivel? Carlo Garganeses articles make baby Jesus cry.

Its not that mammoth of a task, and like others have said Zac has a pretty good track record of coming in mid season and getting his teams in the UCL spots or thereabouts. Too much doomsday bullshit on these forums, but what do you expect its Juventuz...

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
He's right.It's a 4 point difference with almost half of our league games to go.Being negative is natural with the run of results Juve has had,but calling it a herculean task is wrong too.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
:lol:

Sorry, but that's just laughable. You can't put it any of way.

If it was easy, we'd have far more points than we do now.
Things were promising over the past two-three games (if we didn't have all those players out, I'm sure we would've won at least one or two).

So its either Ciro started doing things better or the players started taking more responsibility. Maybe its a mix of both, and that is where I don't think its that huge of a task to get to 4th place.

Once we get the injured players back and keep going without any major ones, I don't see how we can't get that position.

ajit

Dec 19, 2005
It is going to be hard cos there are a lot of teams chasing that no 4 spot. We better be careful from now on otherwise we could end up in the lower half of the table.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)