The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (7 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
The good thing about this Zaccheroni thing is he really cannot do worse than Ferrara. In the past 2-3 months we have hit rock bottom. We did not even draw. We were loosing day in and day out. So Zaccheroni's worst case scenario is that we will continue to loose which is not a change to our current state. So he has nowhere to go but up.
I am really sad that Ferrara's name has been tainted with this poor period. I still believe Ciro doesn't deserve all the blame. He is young, inexperienced and wishful. I believe in better circumstances (better board and advisors) he would have at least done better than what he's done with us.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
If I want to be a Juve player that’s the perfect time. I’ll send Blanc a video of me dunking and he will be impressed, then I’ll find a Fiat taxi waiting for me tomorrow morning.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
If I want to be a Juve player that’s the perfect time. I’ll send Blanc a video of me dunking and he will be impressed, then I’ll find a Fiat taxi waiting for me tomorrow morning.
You'd probably be better off sending him a video of your serve and volley skills...

Have you seen the players we have available on the bench for the Lazio match? You'd be a shoe in, for sure... if you're lucky, they might even pick you up in this:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Official: Juventus hire Zac
Friday 29 January, 2010
Juventus have confirmed that they have replaced Ciro Ferrara with Alberto Zaccheroni after days of feverish speculation.

The Bianconeri have been planning to replace Ferrara for much of the last month, but proceedings accelerated after Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Roma.

It emerged fairly soon afterwards that last night's Coppa Italia Quarter-Final against Inter at San Siro would be Ferrara's final game in charge no matter what the result.

Incidentally, Juventus lost 2-1, conceding a last minute goal for the second straight game to seal their ninth defeat in 12 games.

Juventus President Jean-Claude Blanc made Rafael Benitez the club's first choice after Guus Hiddink rejected his overtures.

However, Benitez's four-year contract with Liverpool made it distinctly unlikely he would arrive immediately.

Juventus vice-general manager Roberto Bettega was simultaneously pursuing an alternative line of inquiry, interviewing possible interim appointments.

He is widely believed to have interviewed Zaccheroni and Claudio Gentile, the Juventus legend and former Italy Under-21s boss, yesterday afternoon.

Bettega is said to have preferred Gentile, but Zaccheroni got the nod from Blanc and Juventus patron John Elkann.

He is said to have been in Turin this morning to sign a four-month contract.

The former Inter, Udinese and Lazio boss whose finest moment came with Milan in 1999 when he famously won the Scudetto, has been out of the coaching game since 2006 when Juventus's rivals Torino fired him after seven straight defeats.

Both Tuttosport and Il Corriere dello Sport expect him to take his first training session today ahead of this Sunday's match against Lazio. He is famous for playing a 3-4-3 formation, although that system is unlikely to suit Juventus's current personnel.

The Bianconeri currently lie sixth in Serie A and only remain in contention for the Europa League.

Source: Football-Italia

Sorry if i'm wrong to post this. I don't post the news to announce that Zac has been official. But i want to highlight the bold part. I just know that Bettega prefer Gentille and Blanc plus Elkann prefer Zac

People will call for Blanc head then if Zac fail. But if that's true so what authorities that Bettega has to decide, that this part of his responsibility even decided by Blanc and Elkann.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Which top club plays with a 3-4-3 formation nowadays?
It would be extremely stupid to use that formation in our team. We don't have wingbacks and it would be really stupid to force our players to play out of position just to fit in that formation.

The 4-2-3-1 works pretty well with us, the only thing that is missing was the organization at the back. I hope Mr. penguin can see that.....

Dec 31, 2008
Friday, January 29, 2010

Zaccheroni’s New Technical Staff

In order to help Alberto Zaccheroni there will be 5 professionals: vice-coach Stefano Agresti, goalkeeper coach Alessandro Nista and trainers Eugenio Albarella, Claudio Gaudino and Andrea Scanavino.

If on one hand, for Gaudino and Scanavino it is the continuation of an experience which began at the start of the season, for Nista it is a promotion from the Primavera where he began working in summer. The new faces, apart from the coach, are Agresti and Albarella.

Let us get to know the three new entries better.

Stefano Agresti has been working alongside Alberto Zaccheroni for many years. A Florentine from Barberino di Mugello, he has already had an experience at Juventus. This was in the mid-1970s when he played within the youth sector forming part of the Berretti and Primavera squads.

After the parenthesis in the Juve nursery, he played for Pistoiese, Bari, Ternana and Siracusa, a club with which – due to a serious injury – he ended his career as a footballer at an early stage before undertaking that of coach.

He began his long collaboration with Zaccheroni back in 1985, during the experience with Riccione. In these 25 years he accompanied the coach from Romagna in all his experiences, winning the 1998/99 championship at Milan.

A Tuscan from Livorno, Alessandro Nista can boast of a long career as a professional goalkeeper, During his long career he played for Sorrento, Pisa, Leeds United, Ancona, Parma and Torino as well as forming part of Italy’s Under 21 team.

With Parma he won the UEFA Cup and the Coppa Italia during the 1998/99 season as well as having been the reserve goalkeeper of Gigi Buffon for a long time. He will now meet him again at Juventus.

Apart from all this, he also won two promotions from the Serie B to Serie A with the jerseys of Pisa (1984/85) and Torino (2000/01). He made 66 appearances in Serie A, 114 in Serie B and 3 in Serie C1, before beginning his career as a goalkeeper coach, a role which he had at Torino, Reggina and Grosseto. In the summer of 2009 he joined Juventus as goalkeeper coach of the Primavera until today when he was promoted to the first team.

A new trainer will be part of the technical staff of Juventus. Together with Alberto Zaccheroni, comes also Eugenio Albarella. He returns to working with the coach from Romagna in a collaboration which began during the period spent with Torino.

After having studied in Naples, Rome and the Master classes in Coverciano, he began working with football clubs in 1991 with Monza. He then worked with important teams such as Napoli, Livorno and Salerno, collaborating – amongst others – with expert coaches like Colomba and De Canio.

Besides working on the field, he also teaches Training Methodology at the l’Università Partenope di Napoli.

Juventus.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It would be extremely stupid to use that formation in our team. We don't have wingbacks and it would be really stupid to force our players to play out of position just to fit in that formation.

The 4-2-3-1 works pretty well with us, the only thing that is missing was the organization at the back. I hope Mr. penguin can see that.....
If only we didn't have all those injuries.

Hopefully Zaccheroni knows that you can't just change a formation in a few days of training. I'm hoping to see a back four against Lazio.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
The 3-4-3 isn't guaranteed. I don't think he played that at Lazio or Inter...it was really what he used to get Udinese off the ground and he used at Milan for a while.

Things can't really get worse. I think he's a good tactician and we'll see if he can get us out of the slump. I really hope he plays the talent...not the name.

P.S. No one has mentioned this, but we do owe a bit of thanks to Zac, as he was the coach on Lazio's bench May 5th, 2002. :D

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
FUCK Zaccheroni, FUCK Ferrara, FUCK Juventus managment, FUCK it all.......i cant believe the mediocrity which is going on at Juve right now!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Even though I stated many times that Zaccheroni is not the right man, but Boban is well known for his hatred toward Zaccheroni, the one who pushed him out of Milan after benching him for a whole season. Eventually, he retired after an awful one-year spell with Celta Vigo.

So, I won't take Boban views on Zaccheroni.
That is true.

Even though I might be biased, I firmly believe that Zaccheroni was being a real asshole with Boban and it was well proven on the pitch.

After playing great and being a regular under Capello and later under Tabarez, Morini and Sacchi, after playing a brilliant world cup, captaining his side to the 3rd place and still being relatively young (not even 30 yet), Boban found himself benched under Zaccheroni. When he wasn't benched he was played completely out of position (like giving Diego to play Sissoko's role).
Since Boban was always Berlusconi's favorite, it took an intervention (or better...order) from Berlu so Boban would start playing regularly in his favorite AMC position. The moment Zaccheroni put Boban there Milan had an amazing run with only 1 defeat in 18 matches and 7 wins in a row in the last 7 games of the season, which resulted with a scudetto (Milan were 7th with a 7-6-3 record before Boban was moved to AMC).
Milan fans usually dedicate the scudetto to the best player of the season so that 1999 scudetto was named "Scudetto Boban".

All this wasn't enough for Zac so he benched him again for 2 seasons, with occasional starts and most of the time he used him as a sub.

Those two never saw eye to eye. Boban was always huge critic of Zaccheroni, while he was in Milan and after they both left Milan.

So it's true that Boban is biased in this case because he hates Zac, but it's also true that Boban knows Zac very well and knows all his flaws so it's hard to dismiss everything he says about Zac.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
WC'98 :touched:
My first world cup of recollection. Still the most awe inspiring and magical WC in my lifetime so far and will always be in my eyes, the moment I fell in love with football. Forza Boban and those other classic '98 players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)